4/17 Tess AMPS~98 PMPS~98

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

4/17 Condo

I have to go to a class I teach in Santa Barbara, over an hour away today, leave at +1:30 and back about +9 or +10. Tesswent down to 45 yesterday, I said I wanted a little more proof for a reduction, forgetting about today. Libby said
    Because I won't get any tests today, I shot a shaved dose (BCS really.) Didn't have time to wait for an answer, I was already running behind. Also, I am not sure about her feeding herself while we are gone. She usually still seems to be asleep in exactly the same spot when we get home. She isn't used to the timed feeder yet and wouldn't eat out of it last night. ONly sneak a treat if I put them in there.

My question is do you think I should stay with this shaved dose or go back to the .1u for another proof of reduction? Tess's shed won't be completely reduced and I can give her a few more cycles this weekend. I'm not avoiding the reduction, just want to make sure it takes this time.

WCR Tess was a finicky eater yesterday, had me worried w/ her low numbers. She ate her whole breffis today though. Apart from that all Ps in place and there are way too many birds outside the window. :dizcat

2. Ann & Tess GA

Re: 4/17 Tess AMPS~98 Have to Leave

bump

3. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Ann))) Great AMPS #, but I feel your pain on the eating & just sleeping when gone/low :YMSIGH:
    It is soooooo frusturating because certain kitties do not get up & feed themselves, Baby has proven that to me time & time again.
    Wishing you a great day & showing support & encouragement.. but no advice on dosing :YMHUG:

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

IMHO I think this is your call. If you are concerned that the dose won't hold and want to wait for another below 50, then treat this as a BCS dose and go back to your 0.1u. Otherwise, stick with the fat 0. You can always increase if the new dose doesn't hold.

5. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks Sienne. Just nailbite_smile

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

I have to encourage Do Lou to eat some days so sure understand that hope Tess has a good day and you do not worry too much :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

it may not be of any help to you today, but I got Shadoe used to the feeder in very tiny little baby steps.

At first, she did not even like the LOOKS of this THING! She slunk up to it, belly dragging on the ground and she growled at it and hit at it! Nope, Shadoe did not like this thing and I had doubts on the first day.
    But I got stubborn and decided we would make her like it.
    I put some foods in a bowl near the open feeder, and no batteries at all. She hated it and it was just sitting there! Over time, I moved the bowl closer and closer to the feeder until it was touching the outside. Then I put the bowl inside one section, but that failed, so we put it back outside for awhile.
    As soon as she was ok with one step, she seemed to get a bit more at ease with the next step. I tried all sorts of variations to get her used to the sound, but the batteries did not go in until she was OK to eat from the uncovered section with the lid down. Then it was sink of swim for her. By now, she fully recognized the sound of the machine, so just tossed her into the deep end - I dropped 5 bowls of foods into the sections, gave her breakfast in a bowl outside the feeder, and left for work. She would eat or be a very hungry kitty when I got home.
    She ate. I bet she got a wee bit hungry and ate in fear but she ate.

Attached Files:

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Stu has finally accepted his "Automat" (he was scared of it at first). When I was first using it I didn't move the compartments ahead with the "manual" button the way you're supposed to when you put in the tray, and he ended up with half of one compartment and half of the next and couldn't get his face into either of them!! The next night it worked fine and he has been OK with it since. Good luck today. I hope Tess doesn't decide to go too low. Stu is looking forward to seeing her at Hank's party tonight.

Ella

9. Ann & Tess GA

We got home just before +10 and Tess was 93. Not too bad considering that she ate practically nothing while we were gone. I wasn't counting on the feeder, I just put a couple of bowls of food out. When I weighed them after we got home they weighed more than what i had put out.! Then i remembered I had weighed them before I added the water. Right now there is a hungry kitty prowling around, but it is too close to preshot time. cat(2)_steam Frankly, I think she just sleeps the whole time we're gone, no buddies to get into trouble with.

Thanks for the tips on getting her used to the feeder. I like the idea of a bowl inside the compartments. Tess doesn't like to eat out of deep dishes. I am trying to come up w/ a way to make ceramic inserts. Working out the shrinkage of the clay will be the hard part.
    First I left it out for a couple of days. Then I set the feeder up and I let it run with nothing in it to get her used to the noise. The first time it went off she sat up and stared, stuck her head out and sniffed, ears pricked. She got down and totally circled the thing in verrrrrrry slow motion. I dropped a treat in the open compartment and she came over and snatched it. Since then I've been letting it run w/ treats in the bowls. They're usually gone when I check.

10. Ann & Tess GA

Right back to where we started from this am. We'll see what the evening brings. We went back to the .1u as well. one more sign for a decrease needed, or maybe just wanted. :roll:

Good appetite for her evening meal. Tess is looking very contented laying in the window getting ready to leave for the party I think she had too good a time yesterday, that's why she slept all day and forgot to eat.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Keep on surfing, Tess!

I'm really liking that her numbers have turned all green the last 3 days.

12. Ann & Tess GA

I'm liking it , too. I just want to see it really settled. I'm glad she stayed green w/ a little less insulin today, I was worried about a drop while we were gone all day. Yes, big chicken! :oops: Soon it should be shaved for keeps.

13. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Talk about consistency Tess!!!!

Nice AMPS/PMPS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.