4.18 Frankie PMPS 291 +3 225 +6 236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jay, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Member

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 4.18 Frankie AMPS 348 +3 305

Hiya Frankie! Are you going to wear some yellow today? Jay, I hope you are both doing okay - I'm sure things are still really sad.

3. Jay

Jay Member

they are..he's just moping around and doesnt want to get out of bed. Neither do I.

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, and I do know how it feels. I'm glad you have each other, but it's got to be awful to see how sad he is. I got "lucky" - after my 17-year-old died, I found a kitten living in a storm drain by my house. Of course, I had to rescue him; it really helped having a new cat in the house to distract me and Boo from our loss.

5. Jay

Jay Member

How did Boo react to having a very young buddy around. Didnt it drive Boo nuts trying to keep up?

Frankie is 13 and I'm not sure whether having a very active kitten(s) around would be good for him physically.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you and Frankie have a good day today....sending good thoughts to you both....it takes time, right?

7. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Jay,
    I hope you and Frankie were able to get some relaxing and rest in last night. It was a good choice you made with the shot, under the circumstances. You didnt need any more on you (and Frankie). I hope you can continue to spend quality time together today...and for a long time to come. Im glad you have each other. As Im sure Frankie is glad to have you by his side.

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I got Ginger as a kitten when J.D. was 10. He "mothered" her when she was a kitten. The same way he was raised as a kitten.. He was "mothered" as a kitten by my then 10 year old (male) cat Buddy (GA).
    I did notice that J.D. stopped playing with his toys when Ginger took them all over. Ginger is a very petite 5 year old now, much smaller than J.D., but thinks she is The Queen. They get along fine. Sometimes Ginger is ruff, but J.D. stops her when he's had enough. They sleep together so so so cute.
    If you get another cat, you might want to get a boy cat, so he doesn't become The Queen. How about a one or two year old rescue? Time will tell. It took a year before I thought about getting another 2nd cat, and another year to find Ginger.
    (((Frankie & Jay)))
    Have a peaceful day.

9. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

She was about 7 at the time; she's a very easy-going cat. She actually got to liking him pretty quickly. Unfortunately, he died a year later in a terrible accident. I decided to adopt two kittens from the pound after he died - I figured that if I got two, they would keep each other company and play with each other and Boo could watch and be entertained, w/o being forced to play. She's really become attached to one of the kittens.

You can never replace a baby you loved. However, there are so, so many cats that need a home that it really helps to adopt one or two when you have a "vacancy". It's very healing as well because you have something new to distract you from your sadness. At Frankie's age, it might be good to adopt either two, or one that's a bit older...as Dyana said, maybe a "teenager" or "young-adult".

10. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

IMO and as I said yesterday in email, I think it's a great idea to get another cat (not a replacement for Chubbs..just another cat who needs a good home and a dad to love him). I don't think that getting a kitten is the best idea though. You would have to totally kitten proof your apartment..number one. A rambunctious kitten may or may not agitate Frankie(why take the chance, he's still your 'main man', right)? A nice teenager around a year or two would really be appreciative of a great home with you...probably a male would be best...and Frankie would be grateful for a new companion after the adjustment of a new kitty sharing his space.

Go For It! :razz:

ETA: Ultimately Jay, as it always is with kitties...'whoever' it turns out to be, will pick you out...so you really don't have to stress too much over the decision of who. That will be decided by the cat ;-)

11. Jay

Jay Member

Amazing isnt it. I swear that Frnakie and Chubby picked me out, landed in my living room with a sign on the box they came in that said "Just till Bide-A-Wee" calls. That was almost 14 years ago now, and I got stuck with them, they got stuck with me and somehow we all got stuck on each other. Funny thing is, I'm still waiting for Bide-A-Wee to call.

12. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

It was 'meant to be'

It always DOES seem to work out that way and has worked out for me that way every time......you have to keep your heart open and and what you are looking for will find you ♥

13. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 4.18 Frankie AMPS 348 +3 305 +6 290

Jay, I hope your day brightens up today. I know you are still hurting deeply over Chubby's passing, as is Frankie. There is a period of adjustment for everyone.

I agree that getting a new furry may be the way to go, but you really can't rush it, if your heart isn't in it. Quite a few years ago, I had a brother and sister pair, Token and Blue. Token passed away from renal failure and everyone was heartbroken (me, Blue, and the two droolers), but at least we still had each other. A month later, almost to the day, Blusie cat had to be put to rest. I was so devastated. That very night, my then ex BF stopped over my house with the cutest little black kitty with a white tipped tail, who, I was told, was a feral cat's kitten. Although I personally would not have gotten a kitty that soon, I really appreciated the gesture because it really helped me with my grief. No, Ralph did not take Blue & Token's place, but he did help me from thinking about them being gone...he was a very rambunctious kitty and had me laughing all the time.
    But then again, when I had to help my Akita, Kodi, cross over the bridge, it took me almost a year and a half to be ready to adopt another drooler. It all depends on how you feel.

Sending a hug to both you and Frankie and wishing that the sun shines on you today.

14. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

{{{Jay}}} It's a sad time for you both. We pour so much of our love into the little furballs and when they leave us it hurts.

You'll know when the time is right because you will either be drawn to some kitty or some kitty will be drawn to you like the boys were. You'll probably find that it will happen naturally one day. You'll find a kitten lost and scared or an older cat will walk in your house and make herself at home on your couch or a friend will know someone who has got to rehome a cat right this second or else. Any number of ways that it could happen. I think you both probably need some time to mourn and adjust to the new reality then Frankie might be the one to tell you when it's time to find him a new friend, you never know.

15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear Jay, We mourned our Alice for almost a year. Then 9/11 happened and we decided we would adopt a cat from a shelter to make room in the shelter for a kitty orphaned by the catastrophe. When we saw Stu, then 4 years old, we knew he was the kitty for us. We took him home to Brooklyn on the subway in rush hour in that post-chaos week when the bridges were closed. He cried out the whole way and stuck his paws out of the holes in the cardboard carrier. The train was packed. But the minute we got home he knew he was home and began to explore the apartment. It was a wonderful day despite all the despair in the city. We know that someday soon a cat will find his/her way to you and Frankie. Until then, a time of mourning and remembrance is a good thing.

Ella

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.