3/18 Latte AMPS-136, PMPS~214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12233

Last Night:
    PMPS-184 (pred)
    +3=190
    +6-144 (approx 1/4+ can ff and kibble)
    AMPS-136 (pred)

I shot the 136 and hope I dont regret it. I do suspect I will be dropping the dose a drop,for the week because this is cutting it too close for comfort with me not being around as much, and someone else doing pmps.

Latte would not eat until her drop around +6 last night. Even then, I had to place her in front of her bowl and put treats on it. I was pretty discouraged. She did look quite lovely stretched out on her throne sleeping the evening away, tho.

This a.m. she would not come out from under the piano. Again, discouraging, but a perfect opportunity to try and get the treat form of pred in her - which I did. I eventually had to drag her out/pick her up for amps. She quickly retreated to her throne after putting her in front of food bowl twice. :YMSIGH: THESE are not the kind of amps I wanted to shoot and have her NOT eat. Im trying to remind myself she has the pred on board. Its not like before. The pred will *hopefully* slow down or halt a drop (or at least a big one). Im still nervous. And, why wont she eat?!?!?! :sad:

Might be time to pull out the baby food after I hit send.

Will return with a +2.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS- 136

Sending come on now and eat vines to Latte.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS- 136

Sending even more vines to Latte. I feel your frustration. Never did like it when Mannie would not eat after an amps, or pmps. scary i know.

I hope you and Latte have a better day. Comon Latte - you can do it!

4. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS- 136, +1.5-95

She started going back and forth between food and water after I hit send to her condo. Maybe has had 1/2 (3oz can) wellness. She was on her throne looking 'guilty', so I tested before +2.

Gosh, I guess I just let it play out and see what happens. I dont know if the pred will kick in soon and keep her surfing, slow her drop, raise her, if she will bounce soon?!?!?! Should I add some karo to her food...seems silly with the pred on board, but...?!?! No clue at this point. I do believe I will be reducing the dose a drop this evening.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

all you can do is continue monitoring often and be ready to intervene if necessary....

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Jill always has the right words of wisdom.... :razz: You aren't planning on doing anything today, right? Well, hang out with your little girl and talk to her about her appetite. We know it isn't your cooking that she doesn't care for, right? .... :mrgreen:

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Stu will be along shortly to cook Latte a nice treat.

Ella

8. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS- 136, +1.5-95, +2.5~110

Thats probably the pred bringing her up/ keeping her surfing. +6 will let me know. Or maybe the start of an over due bounce?

Your right Jill, and that was my attitide...all I can do is monitor and intervene if need be. Make changes tonight accordingly. It is all new territory for us.

Unfortunately when I pushed the plunger for the syringe with pepcid in it I realized I gave a 'fur shot' with her sub q,s. Meaning its unlikely she got the pepcid in her. Now she is a bit ticked off at me for soaking her fur, too. I told her it was better than soaking herself with urine. Poor thing.

I think we will give each other some space for a little while.

9. carolynandlatte

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS- 136, +1.5-95, +2.5~110, +4-212

Well, guess I can get on with my business today! Holy bounceroooo's! That is most definately more than the pred raising her, and no kibble involved to contribute to the mess.

She has spent the last 1.5hrs wanting to be my friend. Funny how its fine for them to be mad at you. but when you want your space, they get all cute. Would not surprise me if she took a little dip at +3 before bouncing up, as she suddenly went crazy on both wet and kibble, pacing around, bug eyed, sniffin' everything in sight, etc. I didnt test, so I dont know for sure.

Over and Out!

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS- 136, +1.5-95, +2.5~110, +4-212

At least you're not worrying about no food and low numbers. These kitties clearly have their own agenda.

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS-136, +6-286, +9-225

Hope Latte has a good night for you and gets to feeling better cat_pet_icon :YMHUG:

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS-136, +6-286, +9-225

Hi Carolyn
    Stopping by to check in on Latte
    max was very happy that she enjoyed the piano he moved around the countries
    for her but he did tell her to gao and spend time with her Mama.
    Guess she listened :)

13. carolynandlatte

Good Evening!

Recap:
    AMPS-136 (pred)
    +1.5- 95
    +2.5- 110
    +4-212
    +6-286
    +9-225
    +10.5- 184 (special guest appearance by Amy's Winston to practice testing for the week! :mrgreen: Latte LOVED getting an extra test!)
    PMPS- 214 (pred and 1 drop decrease)

Latte had a pretty good day. Im assuming she had a bounce, though it may have been one of the shortest in history. She was bobbling around at the end (and may in the beginning of pm cycle) due to kibble eaten @ 9am and noon (kicks in around 5hrs after eating, sticks around another 2hrs-give or take).

I took out a drop because of my upcoming week. Im dreaming of her running in mid to high blooos/low yellers. Well, everyone has to have a dream! :lol: I wont hesitate to take her down another drop if things are sketchy, as long as i think she can keep the pink to a minimum,if not out of the picture completely. I look forward to uhhhh...12 days from now when I can bring it back up maybe and see what the 2u will do. I have good feelings about it (if we decide to keep this pred dose, which Im suspecting we will).

She spent a lot of time back and forth from one spot to another (throne, hallway,piano, little outside, bed, etc). She is now hunkered down for the evening under the piano. Since she likely wont eat until midnight and has not eaten since noon, I will offer her some baby food soon.

NEXT WEEK!!!!
    I will have very little time to post in the next 7-8 days, starting tomorrow. My schedule involves 12+hr days, often with an hr or two between jobs to check on Latte. I will leave by 8/8:30am and arrive home for the 'day' anytime between 8pm and 2am. I will *try* to get a condo going each day in case the lovely Amy has a question for pm shot. She would call, I would post from phone, and call her back with thoughts from the board. Worked swell last time! I do suspect we will be flying by the seat of our pants at times. Amy does a lovely job with Latte and I am soooo lucky to have her in my neck of the woods, willing to help us out!!!!

Im very worried and stressed about latte...if she will eat, how the steroid schedule will work and might I find myself up all night with her because she got 2 doses in one cycle and none in the other? Will she get depressed? Will she vomit????? the list goes on. Im pretty well prepared - full tank gas, healthy groceries-lunches packed, laundry done, Latte's supplies stocked, plenty of coffee, etc. This way I can spend every little bit of time I have at home WITH her.

68+hrs work this week, no day off and head into a 45hr week after that. :YMSIGH:

Ready, set, GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

14. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are well prepped for your week ahead. I hope Latte does well, and that you survive the week in good shape as well. It also sounds like the increased pred is really helping her. Increased pred, cautious doses of insulin, and help from Amy's Winston should get you through in good shape. I'll be thinking of you, even if can't post much.

15. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Hey that's our goal too! It's a good range :D

Isn't Amy awesome? :thumbup

16. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Adorable, little Latte! She keeps my skills sharp... I can't say I've ever tested a cat flat on my belly on a bed with my head under a piano! :lol: Latte wasn't thrilled, and I'm sure she thought she thwarted us....."those sillly beans will never crawl under HERE to get me!" Bwahahaha... ;-) She was voiced her opinion, but was SUCH a good girl!

Try and start a condo in the am, then I can post her pmps if you want. You may be able to read it before you have a chance to catch the phone. I'll give you an update on her antics and eating, and if she beat me with the peacock feather! She has a new servant for short time, and an eager one at that. I live to serve you Princess Huff & Puff! cat_pet_icon

I think changing it up on her this week will give her a renewed appreciation and adoration of her Momma! (as if she could adore you more!)

Hope you 2 have a lovely surfing kind of night! Latte, eat! ;-)

17. carolynandlatte

I have a question!
    Is there anyone who knows how to add someone to their ss, so they can plug in numbers too?

AND

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to be that person for the next 8 days to plug in Latte's numbers? I only ask, because it will end up being a blank week Im sure OR I will majorly stress over getting my stupid computer to boot and load the page...wasting what little time I have in this upcoming week.

Pat has already agreed to add my 'yesterdays' condo link every day. I can post from my phone, except for links. I also cant access my ss from the phone.

Thanks! You can just pm me if you think you would be able to help out.

18. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/18 Latte AMPS-136, PMPS~214 (volunteer needed!)

I sent you a pm about the sharing; I hope it makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.