4/18 Tugger PMPS 73 +2 63 +3 86 +10 106

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12226&p=122458#p122458

Could be a bit of food behind that number, I fed at +9.75 because they didn't eat the food left out overnight once again. I tried something new at bedtime and I guess they did not like Quail... glad I only buy one or two cans of new flavors! Didn't much care for Venison either so Tugger had FF Salmon feast for breffis after his shot and ate it like it was candy. I'm *really* hoping to find some brand of food that they will eat other than FF because I am sick to death of popping open so many cans every day. Not to mention the cost, which hubby is starting to clue in to lol.

I've tried the larger 13 oz cans of Special Kitty, Friskies, etc. and I just wind up tossing 2/3 of the can so there's no real savings. So far FF has been the only thing they will eat consistently. So I bought some Evo and some other grain free fancy pants foods for them last night. So far the weird flavors are not a hit. I'll try the chicken later and see how they like that. Chicken and Turkey and Fish seem to be their favorites. Tried Lamb once but I can't remember if anyone ate it. The girls didn't like the Duck I tried on them a couple of weeks ago. Wellness is a total non-starter here. Not sure if it's smell or texture but they don't like it.

Huh. BB's in a mood today. She just jumped up in the chair Tux was chilling in and beat the crap out of him... then when he ran off she didn't even take his chair, she went off someplace else. Dunno what he did to tick her off but she sure let him have it! :lol:

Tugger is alert and curious today, checking out the altercation between BB and Tux and generally acting like he's got energy today. Might even see some playfulness :mrgreen: He's sitting there twitching his tail-tip and looking around (for trouble probably :lol: )

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/18 Tugger AMPS 94 +2 81

Nice numbers for Tugger and thanks for the food advice in my condo I tried in winter but I think I just really need to push harder going to feeders supply later to get more FF to try in addition to what I have here I try to keep DH as clueless as possible as to how much I spend on food or he would faint from money spent although I know he has a general idea LOL :lol: :lol:

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Another wonderful start to the day for Tugger! Very very nice :razz:

Food issues stink, huh. My Spot and civvie Ralph will eat just about anything! Since I started Spot on lc wet food, the only thing I bought was the Petsmart Sophisticat. It was a HUGE hit with those two, but Civvie Ali did not want any part of it..she would take a little lick here and there, but she was the die hard kitty crack addict. I tried everything for her...if I had to use the mc/hc FF to bring Spot up, I gave her the rest of the can, didn't want that..But I never gave up. Finally she has settled in on the gourmet FF brands. She still wants a taste of the kitty crack, but her primary meals are FF. I hope you find something that works for all of you.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Tugger is doing so well. Another day of great looking numbers.

5. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

6. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Great numbers to start your day, Marvie :smile:
    I so empathize about the food. There is very little that Checkers likes. I nearly always have to sprinkle Fortiflora on the non-fish flavors. The only thing he really loves is people tuna and steamed haddock when I cook fish for me,
    but those are treats, not meals.
    I tried a slew of the fancier, expensive foods, that come only in large cans (of course), and ended up, tossing all of them. Three cats, and no one liked any of them. Sheesh!
    Clancy, who came from the SPCA last summer, ate everything in sight, for the first couple of months, now that he knows the food supply is endless, he is fussy too. :roll: Forget about properly feeding Tux civvie. He SCREAMS at me if he doesn't get his kitty crack. :evil:

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good Tugger.
    Food issues are never fun. I was going to pick up the sophisticat when I was in the states but
    so far (antijinx) FF is working well, just don't serve the fish whcih never went over very well.
    Sooooo now we have to hide the food from newly returned DH.
    I'm glad our recycling bins are huge and closed. The neighbours would flip if they saw what
    I went through with the 3 cats.

8. Marvie and Tugger

Yeah... the empties are sort of how he's figuring it out lol. He was with me when I bought a bunch of FF the other night and saw how much it costs, then he clued in on how quickly the recycling can in the house has to be taken out and emptied. I just don't let myself think about how much I'm spending on cat food. It's bad enough that I can not go into a store that sells it without buying more, the cashiers at my grocery store are starting to make note of the fact that I buy more cat food than human food :lol:

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Marvie and Tugger! Nice numbahs for you this morning. I can relate to the grocery store thing, I buy like 3 things for myself and then a bunch of cat food cans. Lately I have been shopping different grocery stores so I can find their stash of FF old label. I am the crazy lady in the aisle moving the cans around finding the old labels. (they always are all the way in the back, obviously the people are lazy when stocking and just put the new stuff first!) Luckily for me my cats are not picky, I am thinking after all the FF is gone we are going to try Petsmart's brand Sophisticat. It is still about the same price as FF. Well hope you find something they like!!! Have a great Sunday, going shopping and then home to practice my .1!!

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Quail??! Stu doesn't like the EVO duck either, but he loves the 95% Chicken & Turkey. He liked the 95% Venison for a while, but then tired of it. But I'm thinking he'll like it again after a few weeks. What he REALLY likes at the moment is the "By Nature" 95% turkey and turkey liver. You can buy it at Petsmart. I've tasted all of these foods. Didn't care for the duck, but all of the others smell good and taste good!! (I only taste them; I don't eat them!)

Tugger looks great today. Keep up the good work!

Ella & Stu

11. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

My grocery list for today (est $300):
    Test strips
    lancets
    gauze pads
    canned fish
    freeze dried treats
    turkey & giblets
    liver & chicken
    technical salmon
    mc/hc
    0 carb meow mix

--my stuff starts here-- (est $50)
    bottled water
    tv dinners
    jam
    breakfast quasadillas
    bathroom stuff

12. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/18 Tugger AMPS 94 +2 81 +10 59

I'm about ten minutes early and the food is still out so he might eat and come up a bit but there's not much time to eat before I take it away.

13. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Quail!! I didn't even know they made such a flavor. I might have to check that out, as I'm always on the hunt for new food lest mine get picky again.

Tugger is looking great today, that's for sure. Hope his tail twitching signified that he was ready to play and not ready to rumble. :mrgreen:

14. D and Noisy

+10 59 is no worries.
    I'm having a hard time keeping my handcuffs on with the s0.25u. :roll:

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hmmm, I can't wait to see the PMPS. :mrgreen:

16. D and Noisy

Me too!

17. D and Noisy

Any body else set a timer, to remind you a kitties PS is coming up?
    How come we don't have a foot tapping emoticon?

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

A timer? I hope you're joking, D. :lol:

Agree about the foot tapping icon. And we need to be able to place it on the front page of the board (where the little stars and hearts are) even if it's not our own condo. That would be fun.

19. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/18 Tugger PMPS 73

LOL D We're doing just fine with this dose =) I haven't had a chance to practice the .1 anyway ;-)

20. Marvie and Tugger

I do have a timer.... Tugger is my timer! As long as we pick up the food at +10 there is no wayyyyyyyy he's going to let anyone forget dinner! He and the rest of them made cooking our dinner loads of fun, every time I turned I was tripping over someone!

21. D and Noisy

Nope, not joking, I set my kitchen timer for Mr. T. :mrgreen:

22. Marvie and Tugger

LOL I wondered how you were always here at just the right time D! Just wait till I tell Tugger about this! Be interesting to see what sorts of surprises he has for you... he's feeling playful tonight :mrgreen:

23. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/18 Tugger PMPS 73 +2 63

:mrgreen:

24. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Uh oh, you gonna sit up all night, Marvie?
    Oh wait, I'm the wacko that panics when my cat goes down to 70. :lol:

25. Marvie and Tugger

I don't know... I kind of think I should, but I'm not sure. I'm sleepy as heck right now but I really want to get a +3 before I even think about bed. Might be time for a chocolate fix. To keep me awake of course :mrgreen:

26. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/18 Tugger PMPS 73 +2 63 +3 86

Off to bed...

27. D and Noisy

Up to you on whether you want to try the 0.1u. I think insulin is pushing numbers up and pushing them down, meaning I think he would flatten out on 0.1u. I could be wrong.

28. Marvie and Tugger

It seems like he's been hinting that he wants a decrease, just never quite getting there. So I'm up for the .1, I was just waiting for someone to say it's time =) I wonder too if my s.25 has been all that accurate, hopefully the .1 will be easier to keep consistent. I'll give it a try this morning and we'll see how he does. I'm not opposed to going back up if it doesn't work out so it doesn't seem like there's much to loose by trying!

29. D and Noisy

Yea, that's what I think too -- it's easy to go back up with a kitty like Tugger. Many, many cats don't hold decreases so they need to be more careful.
    Tugger's not a by the book kitty -- we knew he was marching to his own drum some time ago. IMHO, his way of asking for dosecreases is subtle.

30. Marvie and Tugger

He was pretty dramatic about it in the early days ;) but yes, lately he's been taking things a bit easier. More like himself. He's a laid back dude so all that drama was not something he could maintain for long :lol:

31. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats Marvie on the dosecrease, Scrabble is glad his buddy is right along with him! I have been practicing the .1 over and over, it seems pretty easy once you get the hang of it (I think), I just can't believe the minute amount of insulin he is getting!!! WE have both come so far, it is awesome! Have a great day! Oh by the way, the toy I got Scrabble yesterday was this long furry tail thing with a feather at the end on a pole, he went insane for it!!!

32. D and Noisy

I don't think he was ever dramatic. He was coming down the ladder fast because of fresh insulin and his diet change. 4.5u was a pretty hefty dose -- he had a relatively smooth ride down. His body amazed me and started teaching me how he works -- you could toss 4.5u or subsequent doses at him and he'd stay fairly stable.

33. Marvie and Tugger

Heheh it sure felt dramatic to me at the time nailbite_smile Of course now, I see a pre-shot of 60's or 70's and feel comfortable shooting it... or a +2 of 80's and feel comfortable going to bed. So I guess the "drama" was good for me, got me over any fears I might have had lol.

Here's a question... I've noticed he's not dropping very much since we've gotten to smaller doses. Is this because the dose is so small and we're working with smaller numbers, meaning I don't need to worry about really big drops at this point? I know that on teeny doses they won't go truly hypo though can throw some low numbers but wasn't sure how low the potential low might be. He's never gone below 44 before I don't think even when he was dropping from higher numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.