4/19 Tugger PMPS 112 dosecrease .1 today! +2 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 4/19 Tugger AMPS 88 dosecrease .1 today!

Morning hey look at our amps #'s this morning, lol, exactly the same!!! Too funny! Congrats on the dosecrease! Good luck measuring it! Have a great day, wonder if they will have similar #'s throughout the day, wouldn't that be funny!

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Noisy and his best friend Shadow used to give the same numbers during the day -- they were called "the Blues Brothers" :mrgreen:

4. Marvie and Tugger

That is awesome! Tugger and Scrabble have been running pretty close together through this all =) I'm very proud of our boys :mrgreen:

K, so I measured it out and shot him. I made sure to keep the plunger pushed till the needle was completely out and when I pushed it to check after I couldn't get any drops at all out so it all went in, that much I do know.

We'll see how this day goes!

5. D and Noisy

"Here's a question... I've noticed he's not dropping very much since we've gotten to smaller doses. Is this because the dose is so small and we're working with smaller numbers, meaning I don't need to worry about really big drops at this point? I know that on teeny doses they won't go truly hypo though can throw some low numbers but wasn't sure how low the potential low might be. He's never gone below 44 before I don't think even when he was dropping from higher numbers."

Correct, you don't need to worry about big drops. Sure, he could go to 40, it is possible he could go to 40 with no insulin. His previous big drops occurred during the "find Tuggers resting dose" phase. I remember thinking he was going to slow down at 0.5u or 0.25u. We have been riding in Tugger's hip pocket -- reducing when we saw a bigger drop coming or an inverted set of numbers. Since he took each decrease in stride, we gave another until he slowed down. He paused for awhile and numbers started doing what they did before when he wanted an adjustment -- yesterday they went low and then they inverted slightly. I believe Tugger is a very flat number kitty at heart, like Meowzi used to be, when I see he's not staying flat that alerts me that he "might" need an adjustment.

6. Marvie and Tugger

I kind of thought so, just wanted to be sure I was thinking along the right lines. I've relaxed a bit lately, and just wanted to be sure I wasn't relaxing too soon. It's been nice not living on edge worrying that he's going to drop in a big way when I'm not looking. (Watch him try to prove us wrong today :lol: )

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Marvie, so be careful with what you say in your condo.
    You really want Tugger to know you are relaxing and not living on the edge??? :D :D
    Oh and BTW, Max pulled a 48 without insulin. DPS panicked but without insulin,
    don't think anything can happen with that one.

8. D and Noisy

I won't mind if he proves us wrong, he's an easy going guy. He talks, we listen.

9. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Marvie, I have been kind of in the relaxing mode too since being on the lower doses and Scrabble pulled a 49 last night, I have no idea where that came from, he hasn't dipped in the 40's in a while, guess we never know what these kitties will do, lol!!!

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful!! Good luck on the new tiny dose! We are doing the Happy Dance for youz!!!
    dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

11. Marvie and Tugger

40's don't scare me anymore, I know now that I can feed him regular lc food and get him back up. I give him gravy when he dips just cuz I figure he deserves a little treat and it doesn't seem to bounce him, if it did I wouldn't give it but since it doesn't I figure it's ok. I don't think he'd actually *need* gravy unless he hit the 30's though. I guess that was my concern, that he might drop lower than what I'm used to seeing.

12. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

Way to go Tugger! Looks like you're right on Max's heels!

And Marvie, I kept waiting for Max to settle and stop doing bigger/lower drops...but that didn't happen until the .1/fat 0 dose...and even then he threw me a 56 yesterday. What a goof! Guess he just wanted to tell me it really was okay to try stopping the juice! :lol:

13. Marvie and Tugger

Oh I think Max is totally ready (antijinx!!) *side note, does anyone else feel like they have to type the antijinx part super fast before Fate or the Kitty in Question has a chance to see it? Or is it just me? ohmygod_smile *

Hubby just woke up and I told him the new dose and what that means... he was not as excited as he should have been :dizcat so I think I'll let him drink some of that weaka$$ coffee he made and try again ;-) While I go make some *real* coffee. How does a freakin' SAILOR make weak flavorless coffee with French Roast beans??? ohmygod_smile

14. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with this dose for Tugger and your coffee story reminds me of my DH when I make coffee he only pours 1/2 cup and then fills the rest with water since my coffee is too strong :YMSIGH: I tell him his coffee is like water :lol: :lol: you can see the bottom of your cup :coffee: :coffee: he makes such weak coffee anyway hope the rest of Tugger's day is a good one :YMHUG:

16. Marvie and Tugger

Well, I have to admit... I do like strong coffee. Not many people can make it strong enough to really suit me and Youngerson is the only person who can make it TOO strong for me (but I still drink it :lol: ) I drink it all morning long (a pot or more by myself) and often make more in the mid-afternoon. I can safely drink it till about 6pm and still go to bed at normal time and sleep just fine. It's not so much the caffeine I'm after once I've had a cup or two, I just really love the taste. I've tried decaf but it's just wrong. The decaf process does something to the taste and I can never find dark roasted decaf beans to try. Which is another thing... it's got to be freshly ground, I don't mess with that pre-ground stuff *blech* unless I'm forced to get it in a restaurant or something. Coffee snobbery, I haz it :lol:

17. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

You sound like me I almost live on coffee but have never bought a grinder can you tell that much of a diff I had been thinking about getting one for almost 6 months but have not but as much as I love coffee then maybe I should look into. I also like very strong coffee my Dad is about the only person who makes it too strong for me. I am also very picky about what type of coffee I drink I cannot drink cheap coffee aka folgers, maxwell house that sort of thing have to buy better like Millstone, I do like dunkin doughnuts brand

18. Marvie and Tugger

Fresh ground is 1000X better than pre-ground. Buy the grinder. It'll be the best $10 you have spent in a long time. When you get home with the grinder and some fresh beans, make a full pot of coffee (even if you have to toss what you don't drink, it's better to make a full pot to get the best flavor, these coffee makers don't do such a good job on partial pots) and if you have hard water, try adding just a pinch of salt over the top of the grounds before you brew. Then sit back and wait for your nose to have a party while it brews :D I love the smell of fresh ground beans and the coffee brewing from them. It gives me a happy :mrgreen:

19. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

If I drank that much caffeine I think my head would explode! :lol: Really, caffeine and I don't mix so well. I've learned to tolerate decaf, but only certain brands--and none of the cheap stuff. I'm with Lisa--Dunkin Donuts makes some pretty darn good coffee. I'm also a fan of the Archer Farms brand at Target. Starbucks usually tastes like it's burnt tho. I do my own mix of about 2/3 decaf and 1/3 regular. The regular I'm most fond of, but can't afford too much of is Kona. The real stuff, 100%, straight from Hawaii--and with that you HAVE to go whole-bean and grind yourself. And keep it in a jar in the freezer for maximum freshness. :mrgreen:

20. Marvie and Tugger

My sis (sister of the heart, not blood) is convinced I use coffee as a substitute for Ritilin or Adderal (not sure of the spellings) Those drugs are speed, which calms ADD/ADHD folks down, and having ADHD herself, she swears I've got one or the other and have been self-medicating most of my life...

but I think I just like coffee :mrgreen:

21. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Great for Tugger on new dose... :RAHCAT I'm so happy for you, Marvie. :smile:

I appreciated the tips on coffee brands. I like strong too, but hate the supermarket stuff. It tastes like brewed ashes to me. I also make only one cup (mug) at a time. Guess I'll try making a pot and dump it, if it isn't any better.

22. Marvie and Tugger

You could also use the leftovers to make iced coffee if you like it that way (I often do that if I don't finish it while it's hot) or you could make coffee concentrate and use that to make one cup at a time. I'll hunt down the link for it if you're interested.

I am not very picky about the brand of beans I use, I only care that it's a dark roast and the beans should be oily (the darker the beans, the more oil on 'em) so if I open a bag of beans and they are dry I return 'em. Otherwise, I buy the least expensive beans I can find.

23. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hey! Congratulations on the new dose, wooo hooo!

And I loved the coffee discussion. My DH also makes weak coffee and maybe that's why I don't drink it. I love really good coffee and my family is always shocked when they see me drink it... because normally coffee takes bleh to me. On a family trip to Italy I drank coffee and espresso everyday and DH about fell over. He couldn't drink the espresso. (wimp lol)

Your coffee advice sounds logical. I think I'll try it.

24. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/19 Tugger AMPS 88 dosecrease .1 today! +2 79

Hubby talked to me while I was remembering the number so it could have been 73 but I'm pretty sure it was 79. I'll correct later if I need to. Either way, I'm happy with it!

25. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Gratz on the decrease Tugger! Keep rocking it!

As for coffee.. few of my best friends are coffee freaks.. one of them roasts his own (in a popcorn machine weirdly).. and grinds them.. even filters the water he adds through some gizmo.. buys the beans at the snobby places where everyone has macs and discusses their newest piece they are authoring (I have a mac, but for nerdy reasons, not snobby ones I swear!! :) ).. I almost can't control myself when we go in there.

Relatively recently he has mostly switched to one of those little machines where you put the sealed cup thing in and get a cup of coffee.. I don't know which brand.. I'm sort of scared to ask.. the last time I asked I had to listen to an hour+ long explanation on why the one HE uses is better than the other ones.. and given that he is so supportive of my rambling ons about my cats.. I have to pretend I care.. and it's really tiring! :).. anyways.. for the 60+ minutes of reasons.. this one particular one is pretty good.. not QUITE as good as roasting/grinding your own.. but for the way less amount of work, worth it in his opinion..

That sums up what I know about coffee.. really don't like the stuff.. have been exposed to a zillion different flavours.. just don't like it.. tim hortons hot chocolate is where it's at :).

26. Marvie and Tugger

grr_red grr_red grr_red I didn't get +4 on time and hubby got the vac monster out so now Tugger is hiding.

27. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/19 Tugger AMPS 88 dosecrease .1 today! +2 79 +4.5 73

He didn't even close the bedroom door, so Tugger was hiding under the bed in fear. I got him to come out far enough to test but had to poke twice because hubby was moving crap around in the hallway outside the door and Tug was afraid he was going to vacuum again.

28. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Marvie and Tugger :thumbup
    Looking sooooooooo good! Yay!! Very happy for the two of you!! Way to Go!!

29. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease! It looks like it's going very well indeed. :D

30. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Ok I had no idea it would make that much diff will get one this week so I can smell and taste the difference LOVE coffee :coffee: :coffee: :D

31. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 4/19 Tugger PMPS 112 dosecrease .1 today!

I'm a half hour early with the test but I need to get them fed so hubby can cook me dinner :mrgreen: I can shoot while he's cooking, but can't be taking up our 24 inches of usable counter space with cat food plates while he's spoiling me ;-)

32. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Happy Happy Day! Beautiful numbers, Marvie. Poor little puddy, had to listen to nasty vacuum machine. :sad:

I'm too cheap to buy a grinding machine, but I am gonna buy a bag of Millstone, or something like that. :lol:
    I love the smell of coffee brewing, but never like the stuff itself. All restaurants (and fast food joints) make it too weak.

33. D and Noisy

On pins and needles here -- let's see if this next cycle shows some lower numbers if not... I'd sort of like to try a third cycle, but might want to go back to s0.25u too.
    Come on tug the green Tugger.

34. Marvie and Tugger

I retested right before I shot, was 106. Not sure he ate very much dinner, he's still hanging out in the kitchen hoping I'll offer something different. Two choices are all he's getting right now. I'll put some FDCC dust on it if I have to here in a bit. Little badword is pulling this because I talked about how Tugger nevvvvvvvvver refuses food, not my little piggy.

I'll tell him what you said D, threats usually work. Hmmm, well I told him and his reply was an irritated tail flick. He was playing with me in the kitchen right after shot though, he tried to bunny kick my hands (not my favorite game!) so I got his favorite stick toy. I need to replace the feathers, they're mostly just quills now. He played for a good five minutes before Echo got in the way and then he was just done with it. Not in the mood to share I guess! :lol:

35. D and Noisy

Not kidding over here buddy, do you hear the BIG threats thundering out of WDC?

36. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

come on bk to green Tugger we are all waiting cat_pet_icon

37. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Tugger we all are waiting to go to your you know what party!! So think more GREEN :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

38. Marvie and Tugger

I'm thinking about poking him again. I don't think he ate much so it just might be coming down a bit. I'm not liking these blues at all. I think he heard you D, now let's see how he responds!

39. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

I saw this & replied over in Deb/Spot's condo but leaving it here too..JIC you don't catch it over there.

WE MISS YA'LL TOO..... Please, OH PLEASE YES DO COME to Austin (uh, hmm, the Falls ). It's a great time of year here...all kinds of festivals & the bluebonnets are stellar this year! We'll let them roll in catnip and we'll go drink Mango Margaritas on a deck somewhere and listen to music!

Goin down for some dinner...back up to catch up on Mr. Tugger and other condos better later.

B&H

40. D and Noisy

maybe he's working on a fur ball -- that would push numbers up and decrease appy
    I found the biggest furball ever here today

41. Marvie and Tugger

That could be it D and if so I might never know. If he puts it where the AHRS can get it, I often never know it existed. The one on the bed the other morning was probably Tux's and I've noticed the Original Three often have them one right after the other, about once a month. Not sure if the other two are on the same schedule or even have schedules for hairballs. So if Tux had one, the other two are either due or have and AHRS found it first.

I resisted the urge to poke him at +1, let me go see what +2 is...88 is acceptable!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.