9/7 Cinco PMPS 209

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

9/6 Recap:
    1.75 units bid
    AMPS: 167
    AM+3: 114
    AM+5: 96
    AM+6.75: 87
    PMPS: 145
    PM+3: 138
    PM+5: 122

Yesterday's Condo

Good Morning, LL! Not often I get to say that! Welcome to my helipad. :razz:

Looks like I might have parked the chopper a little early last night. :roll: DH partially followed my instructions this morning after he got a low AMPS. However, instead of calling to wake me at +2, he waited until +3. He also didn't remember the exact AMPS and told me it was around 120, so I hurried getting down to test Cinco, but not as quickly as if he had told me the correct number. So I wasn't totally :shock: when I saw the +3. It did, however, wake me up! I would be more upset about the whole thing if it weren't for Cinco's recent numbers. I think he is ready for a reduction. I just would have preferred he didn't earn it with such drama. Then again, he is my cat, and I did get my degree in Theater! :lol: I'm also pleased that I got him up above 60 with just 8% food and no karo. He's not going to be happy with his next couple of tests - he's really hungry this morning (which came in handy). I will feed him again when the two tests over 60 without food influence are done.

Minka has been acting a little hyper lately. I know her thyroid meds are getting into her, but I'm wondering if I need to have her levels checked. She sometimes gets this way when the weather cools off, and we've been having cooler mornings, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on her. She isn't due for a recheck until Spring.

Does anyone else ever discover dried vomit in an out of the way place and then agonize over which cat did it and "what did I miss"? I found it in a corner of the guest room this morning, and it's at least 12-18 hours old. I don't think it's older than that, as I was in that room yesterday morning and I would have seen it. I suspect Minka, as that's her most recent favorite hang out, but it could be Harvey. No plant matter in it - I checked. :lol: Ah, ya gotta love life with multiple cats! :roll:

Well, the timer is about to go off for Cinco's next test and I haven't had breakfast yet, so gotta roll. BBL.

Sending healing vines to all in need and hugs to all their beans. :YMHUG: Prayers to Amy's DF, Lyresa's DF, and Elise's DM. WOO HOO to Cairo on Day 13!!! Thinking, too, of Marilyn and Polly on their SRT adventure.

2. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Re: 9/7 Cinco AMPS 103 +3.25 38 +3.75 47 +4.25 71 +5 63 Feed

Okay, so I have a question. At +5 he's at 63, so he dropped, but he didn't go below 60. Do I still not feed and test again in 30, or should I give him a little more food? He's voting for the latter. :lol:

3. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 9/7 Cinco AMPS 103 +3.25 38 +3.75 47 +4.25 71

Nice catch.....
    Go Cinco.... Work that Juice! :mrgreen:

4. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

you could give him a couple of spoonfuls.... he's got nothing to prove now...

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Thanks, Rhiannon. Nice to hear from you, btw! :D

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Re: 9/7 Cinco AMPS 103 +3.25 38 +3.75 47 +4.25 71 +4.75 63

Math is too hard for me in the morning - or any other time, for that matter!

He's at 68 at +5.25 and I went ahead and gave him a little more 8%, which he was happy to have. I could tell he's not as voracious as he was earlier, so I hopefully will not need to feed him again for a while. Next test in 45 to make it easier on my pee brain. :lol:

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

UUUmmmmm...I think you meant "pea brain", but I have to admit "pee brain" gave me a really good :lol: :lol: :lol: !!

Yowzer on that 38 :shock: :shock: :shock: ...way to wake up the beans, Cinco. Congrats on the reducie!!

Hmmm..agonizing over stray barf....as a crazy cat lady helicopter MamaBean, I have nooooooo idea what you're talking about :roll: :lol: !!

My GA civvie, Mario, had HyperT, and we acutally checked his levels every 3 months. He did need frequent adjustments. It might not hurt to have Minka checked out...better safe than sorry and all that jazz. If she does need and increase, it could actually be the answer to the mystery barf, too.

Surf safely, Cinco, and have a great afternoon Tricia!

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Ooops! Thanks, Amy. :oops: :lol: I keep telling you guys that I am not a morning person, and this just reinforces that. It took me so long to fall asleep last night after our guests left, and I was awakened before I was ready. You can clearly see the results! @-)

Minka has been on this dose now for about a year. She had a thyroid tumor removed and we thought that would take care of the issue, but she still needed a little support, so they put her on this micro dose and her numbers have been perfect at every recheck - hence the one year time frame for the next check. Her last BW was three months ago. I think I'll keep a closer eye on her the next couple of days, and if she continues to seem over active, I'll call the vet. Heaven forbid they should go more than a week without hearing from me! :roll: :lol:

9. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Wow, Cinco! You know how to earn a reduction with some flair! :shock: :mrgreen: ;-) However, in the interests of your mamabean's mental and physical health, you may want to consider earning reductions a little less dramatically.

Drops into the 30's early in the cycle are definitely an eye opener! Better than coffee! :shock: I hope Cinco stays up and and surfs nicely for the rest of the cycle for you.

I also feel you on finding stray pukus in a multi-cat household. We occasionally get scarf and barfs - rarely from Eddie - but when DH and I are switching off on cat duty in the mornings, and I find a scarf and barf between morning feedings, I always scratch my head as to who might be responsible (and hope that it wasn't Eddie!). If there's hair in the pukus, I can usually narrow it down, since we have two orange cats and three black cats, so if it's orange, there's a 40% chance it was Eddie. :lol:

Hopefully Minka's just feeling sprightly and there's nothing wonky going on with her T levels. Some vines are headed her way, as well as for Cinco and Sasha. Have a good day Tricia!

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That 38 will wake you up fast. I hope Cinco keeps surfing the rest of the day. Congrats on the reducie.

I hate it when that happens with the stray vomit, especially if one of my kitties is feeling a little off. I can guess, but I'd like to know for sure who did it.

I hope Minka's just having an off couple of days and her thyroid levels are not out of whack.

11. mariko

mariko Well-Known Member

:shock: What way to wake up!
    Congratulations on the reduction!

I hear you about the dried puke and multiple cats.
    Hope whoever left it is feeling OK now.

12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Way to work the food angle, Cinco. :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: If the vet doesn't hear from you for a week, you may lose your reserved parking space, Tricia. That's the way it works at our vet. :lol:
    Liz

13. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Thanks for visiting, Jen, Carla, Mariko and Liz.

I hope this is just a bouncette. Not too bad. Now we see how 1.5 works for him. I'm getting spoiled with all that green, but I think we both wouldn't mind a night off from the every 30 minutes cycle!

Liz, with this crowd, it's amazing that they don't have my name on a spot. Our file there is in it's third or fourth volume, I think. :lol:

Mariko, whoever tossed their cookies recovered quickly, as they all had good appies this morning and this evening. Sasha even cleaned her plate on the first try (she usually needs a 5-10 minute break half way through).

Jen I can usually at least narrow it down by location. Since this was upstairs, I know for sure it isn't Cinco. He has only ventured up there once or twice since his eye was removed. I'm fairly sure it wasn't Sasha because it was on a chair that she so far hasn't hopped up on without assistance. That leaves Harvey, who spends most of his time downstairs, but does visit every room periodically, and Minka, who has been hanging out in that room the past few days. I guess I'll never know for sure.

Carla, it definitely put all thoughts of going btb out of my mind, that's for sure! Just as well. I want to try to get to sleep early tonight, since I have to get up at 6:30 to give Sasha her Cerenia (two hours before we leave for UCD). Hopefully I'll be really tired tonight! From that PMPS I'm thinking Cinco might not be planning a pj party, but I wouldn't rule it out! You just never know with him! :roll: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.