11/15 J.D. +4.25 264, +6.5 156, +8.75 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dyana, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

I have a couple minutes to type and then I have to run.

J.D. didn't seem to feel so good last night and he was HI when I got home and I just figured he could be really HI so I gave him a drop of R. I had left out 1 can of LC topped with 1 can of MC when I left for work and all bowls were licked clean, so I don't know if J.D. went real low yesterday and ate some of that food or not.

He is feeling better this morning.

I got to sleep in just a little bit. We went for a walk at +2 or so, and he went poo, and then he got a bath as he has an acupuncture appointment and he needed a bath for weeks as he sometimes lays on his pee pads which are close to my computer and in front of the litter box and then he smells like pee.

The acupuncture appointment is a late Birthday present.

He had a really nice poo after his bath. He has been blow dried, but needs to dry more.

I am off to run to the vet to pick up some buprenex and then get another quick walk in (hopefully he'll be dry) and then off to the acupuncture appointment.

Oh and, I ordered two boxes of Terumo ThinPro syringes from American Diabetes Wholesale on Thursday morning and I received a message from then at the end of the day yesterday that they were discontinued and did I want to cancel my order. Does anyone know where else to buy Terumo Thin Pro syringes?

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Re: 11/15 J.D. AMPS 569, +2.75 457

The syringes are gone. The company will not make any more. I think everyone that uses them on this board bought them all. If you look on the thread that Marje started some replacements are being recommended. I hope JD feels better today.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 11/15 J.D. AMPS 569, +2.75 457

Happy Caturday, J.D. and Dyana! I'm glad J.D. is feeling better this morning. Hope the acupuncture goes well.
    Liz

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 11/15 J.D. AMPS 569, +2.75 457, +4.25 264, +6.5 156

J.D. was meowing on the half hour drive to the vet. He doesn't usually meow audibly. When I turned into the parking lot, he started making his nervous noises. Strange. He got his acupuncture and he got some laser therapy. I asked her what that machine was and she said it was laser (I think?). Anyway she said she was using it where she didn't want to put needles in his tummy. He seemed happy on the way home, and walked nicely for the long walk from my car to my condo.
    The vet said he needs to eat more. I don't know how I'm supposed to get more food into him, but I'll try.
    That's why I'm tired all the time is from getting up at 11:00pm and at 4:00am to feed him. And for some reason he does not like that 4:00am feeding which is usually 2 syringes, but does fine for the 6:00am feeding which is 4 syringes. I wish I could fit more calories into those syringes. I give him 1/3 Iams Maximum Calorie (333 calories per can) mixed with 1/3 Natural Balance Chicken and Green Pea (220 calories per can) and 1/3 Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea (200 calories per can).
    I am going to see if I can get some Nature's Logic Chicken Recipe. The vet said to try to make my own cat food :roll: and gave me the recipe for the marrow broth again. That was a night mare the last time I tried to make it, but I told her I would try it again. I wonder if I can just buy a few chicken thighs or legs and just try to make a little instead of a whole chicken.
    I don't think J.D. is skinny, and my neighbor right before we left the house said he looked great. You can feel his back bone and hips and his back end is skinny. He has fat over his ribs. But, he did hit under 10lbs this morning on his weigh in at 9lbs 14.5oz, so yes I guess he needs a little more food.

He has had 4 walks today. I think I am going to go try to get some cat food or chicken or something, and then get home and take him for 1 more walk before the sun goes down.

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Re: 11/15 J.D. AMPS 569, +2.75 457, +4.25 264, +6.5 156

Sounds like the vet appt went well - great that J.D. was happy after, but maybe that was just because it was over and he was going home! :lol:

I feel for you on the struggle to get enough calories into him. I'm facing that issue with my Sasha, although we haven't resorted to assist feeding - yet. I'm hoping, now that she's had her last chemo treatment, her appetite will eventually return to normal. Until then, though, I'm taking every opportunity to get food into her!

Sending appy vines for J.D.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

His tummy is round, it's just trying to get it up onto his hips and back.

7. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm glad J.D.'s accupuncture made him happy today! It can be so hard getting in enough calories, and I think when they get older, it's even harder to keep the weight on. Can you squeeze in extra calories on your days off?

Have a great evening, Dyana!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.