1/6 Donovan Lev AM=56(no shot);+15=79;+20=89

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1368

:shock: AMPS = 56 :shock:
    um.... WHAT? :eek: I checked it again. It's real.
    Yes, he ate this morning. Yes, he very happily ate his post-poke turkey. NO, I did not shoot. Normally I would check him again to see where his numbers are headed, but I couldn't stay. Unfortunately no one is home for a few hours, but food has been left out and I plan to go back and check him later. No idea what's going on. Aside from pigging out all day yesterday, and playing the "invisible" game with me this morning, he's fine.

nailbite_smile

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/6 Donovan Lev AMPS == 56

wow Donovan - whatcha trying to tell mummy? :lol:

AWESOME AMPS!!

3. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Well now this is exciting! A lower dose, the fat zero (tm Ronnie/Luna) and lookie here, a 56! It sure will be interesting to see what happens when you get home and check him again.

Donovan the invisible kitty. Come out, come out where ever you are!

4. Ronnie & Luna

:? im confused...a skinny 0.1 is a fat zero CD?
    I've been watching Donovan's SS for all the action but just a tad confused on what dose he is on lol

MJ - keep us posted later when u check in on him - I know he's fine without the shot this morning - but I'm ssssooooo curious where he's gonna go!

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Holy smokes Donovan!!! Geeezzzzzz
    Great AMPS and exciting way to start the day for MJ....WOW !!! :eek:

6. MJ+Donovan

His "invisible" game is nothing new.... this particular hidey-hole is. He was wedged under the new sofa. I could see his tail and big white foot sticking out. He's half Maine Coon = He's big. What possessed him to squish himself underneath there? Extracting him was fun. He kept lifting his head, so yanking him out would cause a decapitation :roll:.

7. CD and BigMac

Squashed under the couch? A part Maine Coon? Hahahaha!!! I'm laughing trying to picture that... since I have 2 Coons and why oh why do they think they can fit in those small places? Usually I see a big ol' butt sticking out even though they think they are hiding. Haha!!

Well... it's a matter of semantics. Not much is left between zero and 0.10u. I guess we could be technical and call it 0.05u. If you can get a dose between that dose and a fat zero (between .10 and .05), you have better skills and better eyesight than me! The 0.10 is as small a dose as I could do and I called it BigMac's imaginary dose. Now you and several others were able to get an even smaller dose and there were many fun names for it.

Donovan has been on his 0.10 for a long long time and we wondered if MJ could shoot less than the 0.10 for awhile before trying any 'gum'. I called it the Luna dose (fat zero) but she calls it a skinny 0.10u.

That's all I know, 'bout dat.

8. MJ+Donovan

1/6 Donovan Lev AM = 56; +3 = 79

hmmmm, I guess now this is technically 1/5 PM +12 = 56, PM +15 = 79
    He's snoozing, snacking (breakfast in bed :roll:), wondering why I'm poking him again. Sweet oblivion.
    I'm a bit ahead of myself here, but what do I do tonight? What determines whether I shoot? BG > 100?

9. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Regaurding the .05 or "some" insulin. On the German forum we call it a drop and it is drawn like this.

Push the plunger all the way down quite hard so the rubber is squished and hold it. Insert the needle into the vial/pen then release the plunger. The underpressure in the syringe will suck a small drop into the needle (this is the drop that stays normally when you inject) Now inject the cat put hold the plunger pressed as you withdraw the needle from the skin (otherwise the drop will get sucked back into the needle and not stay under the skin). As you pull the needle out the drop from the end of the needle will get "wiped off" under the skin.

No eyeballing nessasary!

10. MJ+Donovan

Hmmm, I kinda already do that, mostly to avoid getting bubbles, and I push the plunger hard after injecting and keep it there until I pull out. So maybe he's been getting that extra 0.05U all along :D

11. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

You probably already know this but keep the meals on the small size. You want to baby the pancreas and not ask it to work too hard to keep numbers down.

12. MJ+Donovan

1/6 Donovan Lev AMPS = 56 (no shot) +3=79, +8 =LO/89

WTFFFFFF?
    Just tested him at +8 (a.k.a. +20 from last night's shot)
    First reading was "LO" *cue heart attack*
    2nd reading was 89
    test solution read OK, though toward the high end of the test strip range

Ahhhhhhhh! :shock:

13. Ronnie & Luna

ooohhhh :mrgreen:

any chance he will get a little snack around +9? please say yes!!!

ong this is so cool!

14. CD and BigMac

That was weird. The +20 ~ 89 looks nice. Let's assume the "LO" was an error. With no insulin this morning... and only a drop last night, I can't imagine that "LO" was a valid test. Silly meter!

Could you fix all the +hours numbers in your post title since you didn't actually give a shot this morning. +12~56; +15~79; +20~89.
    Don't want to confuse anybody... like me. :roll:

15. MJ+Donovan

ok, fixed the title. He was just finishing a snack at +20, so I don't think I should give him more at +21. Not that he would refuse it....

16. MJ+Donovan

okey dokey....
    PMPS = 93. Gave ONE DROP of Lev. Zoiks.

17. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Looking Very VERY Good here!!

18. MJ+Donovan

PM +2 = 93

19. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

looking good!!!

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This is way cool!!

21. MJ+Donovan

Frankly, it's mindblowing. I was fully expecting a solid blue number this morning after yesterday's indulgences. Donovan just looooves to blindside me :roll:

22. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Good things happening to Donovan! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.