6/05 Oliver amps 243 pmps(+12.75) 158 +1~239

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Previous Condo for Oliver

So! Here we are at 21uLev and 7R for his am shots. It's looking like I have caught his attention, finally.

Oliver has been plugging along surfing through yellows and some pinks, and did have that pretty fine green spurt last weekend, who knows ... maybe he saves up the good stuff for the weekends!

I think his weight has settled down too, and his eating is not so LARGE. He was up to 21lb but is now at 20.4lb. I would guess he's getting to the stage that Shadoe reached when she got near her good dose. His appetite has almost halved - closer to maybe 15oz a day with some cheese and chicken chunks where he was once eating close to 30oz a day! Wow! Looking back, he sure could pack it all away.

Oliver is starting to feel like he belongs more. If he wants to lie someplace, he does. Even if it's a spot that Shadoe likes. She is becoming less scary to him, finally.

Attached Files:

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 +3~146

Nice numbers for Oliver today happy Caturday :mrgreen:

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 +3~146 +4.25~68 +4.5~67

Apparently, Oliver has decided to do a weekly "Let's go really low and scare the crap outta the bean".

He got 2 heaping tsp of 12% foods with gravies, then more of the same at the 67. I guess we will keep testing to get him to come up. He's acting his usual laid back self and when I offered him the gravies the first time, he couldn't believe it. On the 2nd offering he acted like "Are you sure?" and hesitated before realizing that yes, he was getting more gravies!

Shadoe is pouting cuz she can smell the good stuff but can't have any.
    And yes, she did come over and ask :lol:
    I hope I did not make a mistake; I told her that her numbers were to high so no gravies. I forgot that they both went low last week, UGH.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 +3~146 +4.25~68 +4.5~67 +5~65

He is still inching down; will test again at 15min past the hour and see if any food kicked in.

I had given him 2 heaping tsp of HC with gravies twice, but he may not respond the same as a non-acro, so I just tossed a whole can of friskies prime fillets chicken with gravies and let him eat whatever he liked.
    He definitely LOVED the gravies as they are mostly gone.

Will test in about 5min.

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 +3~146 +4.25~68 +4.5~67 +5~65 +5.25~70

As usual great pics of Oliver.
    What a smart boy for saving his greens for the
    Weekends.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 +5~65 +11.5~113 Dose?

So here we are at +12 with a 113. His current dose is 21u Lev. I don't think full dose is a good idea!
    Oliver has been surfing green all day, happily eating HC throughout the day which has accomplished little except raise him from 65 to 113.

Suggestions? Shelly had mentioned she went half dose the other day once up to 150, but I don't see Oliver getting up to 150 any time soon.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I remember Carolyn and Lorna saying that they skip shots when they're this low, since green isn't necessary. Empty the shed a little, ya know. You can always hit him with R in a couple of hours if he starts to zoom.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby,
    I'll keep testing him; he just ate another full can of 18% ff grilled something, but I don't think it will affect his numbers much.
    I can use some R later if need be and since it's the weekend, if he comes up some, I can always give 1/2 shot late, maybe 10u or something, then move his shot times back over the next few days.
    I'll post his numbers when I know them.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 +5~65 +11.5~113 +12.25~110

OK so here is the plan.

Since Oliver has late nadir as in super duper late when it suits him, that's where he is right now - he's surfing at his nadir and he's had his fill of HC foods and is a purring happy cat.

I am going to wait till he starts to go up, and when he gets to above 130, close to 150, I'll shoot the full dose of 21u Lev with no R.

I'll update with pmps when Oliver decides on it.

10. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Olie,Olie! You pick the right day!
    :D :D kittie, :D :D Bean!

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 6/05 Oliver amps 243 pmps at +12.75 158 shot full dose

I waited till Oliver tested about 130 and around 150; he tested 158 at +12.75 so he got the full dose of 21u Lev.

Since he has spent the day eating HC, most likely some of this rise from 110 to 158 is the foods and won't last all that long.

By +4 or so, we should see what's going on after the foods have worn off.
    No R tonite but will resume with a bit in am if needed.

For now, I'll test hourly or maybe even more often; his ss will look interesting for today!

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

LOL, poor Oliver's ear!

Wow, 30 oz of food a day before?!? I'm going to quit complaining about Jazzy's appetite right this minute. :shock:

13. Janice & Johnny

Janice & Johnny Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've had quite a Saturday, Gayle. Oliver is a smart boy to wait for the weekend. Glad he's on the rise.

If only we beans could find the little kitty organizers where they jot their plans for the week.

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Janice, they are wise and never put their plans in writing; they are very very smart. Oliver and Shadoe have been very considerate though, I am very fortunate.

Libby,
    He IS eating a wee bit less than before. When he first arrived I was like OMG OMG where are you putting it! But he's doing like Shadoe did and his body must be getting the nutrients now. He's gone from 15lb to 21lb and now down to 20.4lb I think, so he's settling.

Oliver has to stop shaking his head every time I poke! Geez, he ends up getting poked again when he does that. He's good tho and I use lots of fresh lancets. Shadoe sleeps through testing LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.