1/14 Sami AMPS 207

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina & Sammy, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina & Sammy

Tina & Sammy Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Sami was surfing the yellows all day yesterday. I had really hoped for some blue, but we didn't get any.

I went ahead and increased her dose to 1.1 units this morning, at least I am assuming it is about 1.1. It was 1 unit + the line, the plunger was at the bottom of the line instead of the top And I am tracking which type of food she eats at her meals and snacks to determine if a few percentages of carbs really makes a difference between yellow and blue.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. I would think you'd see some blues today. Good luck, and have a good day!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Tina

is that a fat 1u? I think so as Jill suggested. In your spreadsheet I believe it can be noted like this "f1u"

By the way, when u have a chance, could u note on ur spreadsheet when you began lantus?
    You can do this by "inserting" a new cell above the lantus start date and filling it in with color.
    This helps keep vetsulin numbers separate from lantus.

And one last thing...good luck with the dosecrease! flip_cat

4. Tina & Sammy

The whole spreadsheet is Lantus. I wasn't home testing when Sami was on Vetsulin, because I wasn't aware it was possible. Then after just 3 weeks on vetsulin Sami was OTJ, so I never purchased a meter. The day she was back on insulin (Lantus) is the day I purchased a meter and started home testing.

5. Ronnie & Luna

ohhhh ok, I think I missed that update lol sorry!!

6. Tina & Sammy

Re: 1/14 Sami AMPS 207 - +2 172 - +4.5 - 253

Okay, so I took a reading at +2 and Sami was at 172, but then at +4.5 she was up to 253. I don't think she ate anything during that time period after her breakfast, which was just before her AM shot.

Is this normal? I did just increase the dose this morning, but I was sort of expecting her to be in the blue all day with the increased dose. Am I correct to assume that even though I increased the dose it still takes a few days for her body to adjust to the dose?

Another question: Is there any information on the percentage of carbs in the LC Wheat Gluten Free Fancy Feasts. I have found the list of the approved varieties, but there is no detailed information like for the rest of the canned foods.

Thanks for your input.

7. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Could be due to the change in dose, when they respond with funny numbers after an increase we call it NDW (new dose wonkyness) it usually passes. Remeber that shed thing that had to be built when you began Lantus? Well everytime you make an increase you have to add on to that shed which can take a day or so depending on how big your addition is. Then again, we also say...don't worry it's just one number, it will change (question is which way :shock: )

8. Ronnie & Luna

Janey & Binky's food chart - "old" list has the Fancy Feast numbers

http://binkyspage.tripod.com/CanFoodOld.html

I have another link, but I have to go look for it, I be back!

9. Tina & Sammy

Thanks Ronnie, that was exactly what I was looking for.

10. Tina & Sammy

Okay, I won't be so worried about it. I will have to be more patient with those numbers coming down. I know we will be on this dose for at least 5-6 days so there is plenty of time to see some changes happening.

11. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

There was an offer on the old FDMB board for an offer for free Lantus Solo Star Pens, but the offer expired on 12/31/09

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

good luck with the new dose!

I'm curious why you didn't increase by 0.25 per the protocol? Not that you're wrong, you have to do what you think is right, I'm just wondering. :smile:

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose--Sorry you just missed the free pens offer!! Yes, the protocol would advise you to raise dose to 1.25U..But, guess you could see if what you are doing works. Newbie cats usually get a 0.25U increase, But Let's see how it goes :D Congrats on dosecrease!
    Me be doing it too to Moonie tomorrow..

14. Tina & Sammy

Mostly because I am nervous about the increase and the vet recommended sticking at the 1 unit another week. Only I didn't want to wait another week and after re-reading the protocol I decided to give it a little bump. I would rather go slower than 0.25 purely for the fact that I dont' want to send Sami too low. I realize that at this point 0.25 probably would have been fine, but I am still nervous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.