1/14 Moses AMPS 319 PMPS 211

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Erica & Moses, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erica & Moses

Erica & Moses Member

Yesterday's Condo:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2428

Hello! Thanks for the support everybody! We worked hard yesterday to get that full curve.

And I think Moses was a bit more at ease today w/out getting pricked every 2 hours, ouch! Except that there's been a pest problem in my house and ants got to his breffis before he could :sad: I fed him again around +7. He hit his lowest PMPS ever tonight!!! yay!

*Heather & Boo has suggested increasing his dosing tomorrow, since that will be his 10th shot of 1u. What do ya'll think? I still need to create his profile...

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Erica,

I am sure someone will come along shortly and give yu some advice. If not you can add "question" to your subject line.

Glad to hear that this is his lowest PMPS yet. Yay!!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Erica:

My impression is that you may not have enough data to increase Moses' dose. There are really minimal spot checks which makes it very hard to know what's been going on in between your pre-shot tests. Given that many of our kitties have lower numbers at night, it's quite possible that Moses is even reaching blue numbers and bouncing up by AMPS. Would it be possible for you to get a before bed check along with a test in the morning before you walk out the door and as soon as you get home? The minimum amount of data that would be helpful would be at least one check per cycle in addition to your PS test.

Please get some additional input from people.

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Nice PMPS!

I agree, please try to get at least one spot check tonight, since this is a lower than usual PS for Moses. Let's see if he finds blue!

5. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Looking forward to seeing some blooos for Moses! :mrgreen:

6. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

I agree with Libby and Sienne. The before bed test is a very important test to have, every day if you can. Many cats run lower at night because the cortisol (and other hormone) levels in the body are lower at that time. The lower hormone levels can lead to lower night BGs, and that is often when many kitties earn decreases. If you are not testing before bed, you would have no idea if Moses is 46 @ +2 and needs additional monitoring that night and earned a decrease - it can and does happen, often. The lower overnight numbers also lead to higher AMPS numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.