11/14 Blackie PMPS 245 (Solostar pen started); +3 147; +5 85

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Angela & Blackie & 3 Others, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29674&p=306089#p306089

Not a bad # this a.m.

Found out some more bad news yesterday afternoon when hubby came home from working. The car died on him 3x in the past couple of days. So, it's now parked... again. We're down to 1 vehicle (the gas guzzling, but reliable (thank goodness) truck), and my job search has been suspended until we can afford to get the car fixed (again). This time, it'll be much longer before we can afford to get it fixed. In the meantime, I've got stitching to do, taking care of Blackie and Jr. Mint, household chores, etc. It seems the more we try to get ahead, the further back we're pushed. I'm sure that I'm not the only one saying this as I'm sure that some of you out there are feeling the same way.

I swear that something's telling me not to work, or even look. The unfortunate part is... We need the extra $$.

2. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Re: 11/14 Blackie AMPS 120

I peeked at Blackie's SS and I'm amazed that at one point you were giving 4.75U insulin....wow...now you have come down with the units....it's looking pretty good...
    You are not alone in this...and frustration sets in....I've been out of work a little over 1 1/2 yrs....did a contract work for 4 mons in between...my husband almost died on me and spent 1 week at hospital and 1 mon off work....now dealing with Rocket's diabetes....this year has not been good to us...but on the bright side....you have your kitty, your hubby and your health and each other....i count my blessings (though not always as part of human nature) but considering all i've been thru this yr....i look at my two fur-kids (Comet-the dog and Rocket) and hubby....we are one happy family!
    chin up...this too shall pass!!!!

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

wow...yet another time that i am amazed by folks resilience. seems to me that so many in LL have so much n their plate...and folks always fill me with admiration for how they cope. you are right up there on my list of those folks, angela. hang in there, girl!

celi & binks

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice post Claudia, that's so very true...up's and down's in life, but look at you guys - Angela and DH - Blackie is doing wonderful!
    You've been doing great Angela!
    Very proud of you :YMHUG:

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great AMPS Blackie!
    I am sorry to hear about DH's car Angela. Maybe it is just something minor??? Fuel filter clogged? Bad tank of gas with gunky sediment? Oh well...I wish this wasn't happening to yous. Hoping for better days ahead... :YMHUG:

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

THanks, Pat.

The car does a complete engine stop, even though it's still rolling. All lights on the dashboard quit. Then the engine starts up again. I've mentioned the fuel filter, but it's not that as the car would sputter. The timing belt's practically brand new, and if it was slipping, the engine would be sputtering, too (I'm guessing). I've mentioned going to a used car dealership, and the only one that he wants to check out is Carmax. We'll see how things look in January, and we may get a used car from them. *shrug* We need another vehicle, that's for sure.

Anyone want a homemade cheese sauce recipe? I seem to be making it a lot, and it's very nice over pasta and veggies mixture, as well as over sunnyside or overeasy eggs on biscuits or a bun. :)

(Angela reminds self that this is a diabetic message board, and not a recipe board LOL)

7. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Re: 11/14 Blackie AMPS 120; +4 141

+4 141

And she's going up. I have maybe about 2 doses left in the bottom of the vial. Should I crack open a new Lantus thingy? I think it'll be a cartridge this time.

8. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Re: 11/14 Blackie AMPS 120; +4 141; +6 152; +7 168

+6 152 - gave 1/8 can FF, and 2 chicken bites (plus a few more LOL)
    +7 168 - possible food spike from +6 test

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/14 Blackie AMPS 120; +4 141; +6 152; +7 168

Nice blue surf for Blackie today, Angela. I'm so sorry for your car and job issues. It's so tough for so many and you have a good attitude...sometimes we need
    to just feel what's going on...sometimes we just need to feel bummed out...then we can shake it off and move on to a brighter day. I do think when I feel bummed
    I just go through my list of things that I am so grateful for and blessed with. A day at a time, a day at a time.

10. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Re: 11/14 Blackie PMPS 245 (Solostar pen started)

PMPS 245

I started a Solostar pen this evening, and ditched the remaining insulin in the vial (there was about a shot and a smidge left anyway). We'll see if this will help. (crossing fingers that it does... Lord knows we need good news right now).

11. Kathy&Powder

Kathy&Powder Member

Re: 11/14 Blackie PMPS 245 (Solostar pen started)

Angela I'm so sorry your having these troubles.I will pray that things turn around soon for you. Don't lose heart. It looks like Blackie has some really good numbers. She's trying to give you something to be happy about. you're doing such a good job with her cat_pet_icon

12. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Re: 11/14 Blackie PMPS 245 (Solostar pen started); +3 147

PMPS +3 174 - no food given at this time

Thank you to all that have us in your hearts and thoughts. I truly appreciate it.

It seems like that's all it was... Needed new insulin. Now, she looks like she's back to her 'tudy lil self. :) More alert.

13. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Re: 11/14 Blackie PMPS 245 (Solostar pen started); +3 147; +

PMPS +5 85 - 2 tsps. MC + 1/8 can FF T&G given

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.