1/22 Bear Man amps 236, +5.5 211, pmps 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Bear Man, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Last condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3180

We had a few days of blues and green, but we are off to a yellow start today. There doesn't seem to be any reason why some days are so much higher than others. I saw that Jojo posted my name in the "Jojo was here - happy happy thread" looking for a Bear update. I'm sorry I missed her, but here's the update anyway. He urinated on the floor last night, which he hasn't done for a couple of weeks. He pooped on the floor the day before that. The poo has gone back to a more liquipoo consistency. He is quite disoriented, and I often have to take him to the litter box and put him in it for him to know where it is and what to do with it. He is bravely muddling through while I am at work, but he seems very quiet and his appetite has been poor. He doesn't seem to be suffering or in pain, and he still has his quiet dignity, but I am saddened to see him so reduced from the magnificent Bear he once was. His pleasures are pretty simple: to sit beside me for a tummy rub, to cuddle in a warm basket with Teddy, or to sit on the bed catching a sunbeam. It is difficult to know if his quality of life is what it should be, and if I am doing the right thing for him.

edited to add +5.5, and pmps

2. Spacey & Ella

Spacey & Ella Member

Re: 1/22 Bear Man amps 236

Am so sorry to hear this.
    Just a hug (( you ))
    and a warm blanket for him.

3. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

good morning,Linda!
    I'm so sorry for you and for Bear. My heart hurts for You guys,knowing how much you doing and want him to be better and him --want to live and stay with You.
    Don't know what else to say!
    ((((( hugs)))))
    Bo

edit 2x cause don't know how to spell

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

(((LINDA))) and sweet (((((BEAR)))) kitty

sending good thoughts ur way - I hope Bear feels better soon!
    If u have a moment - stop in LL yuku - message from Jojo there.

Stay strong Linda, ur doing the best u can for ((Bear))

5. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Bear Man amps 236, +5.5 211

(((Bear))) (((Linda)))

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Bear))))) ((((((Linda))))))

7. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

(((Linda and Bear)))

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Sometimes the simplest pleasures are the best ones. I know you are cherishing these times with the Bear. Sending many warm thoughts to you and Bear.

9. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Linda and Bear)))

I am sorry Bear is not doing so well. I know how hard this is for you. Not much to say except to give you a big :YMHUG:

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

You both are so brave & loving..Bear has bounced back from many things, and I hope he will be the comeback kid again-
    Sending loving, healing vines to dear Bear Man..Hugs from all of us~!

11. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Nice to see you Linda, but I'm sorry the Bear Report couldn't have been better. You are doing the best that you can for Bear and that has something to say about his quality of life. He is enjoying the simple moments, and you know, that isn't all that bad for a cat! Bear is a very lucky boy to have you for his mama bean (((Linda & Bear))).

12. Lindyloo

Lindyloo Member

Hello. I think this is my first time visiting your condo. Sorry to hear about Bear. :sad:

I just read on your signature line that Bear has been blind since birth. I immediately thought of a wonderful book I recently read about a blind cat named Homer. Here is the link if you are interested. I highly recommend it. http://www.gwencooper.com/

Best wished to you and Bear.

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Linda, I am so sorry to hear Bear is not feeling well.
    I know the love you have for him radiates into his soul and he is comforted by that.
    Big hugs from Max and I that he feels better soon.

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending vines that Bear Man feels better soon, and that his simple pleasures are many and much appreciated.

15. Joan and Madison

Joan and Madison Member

(((Linda))) (((Bear)))

I'm sorry to hear about the continuing LB problems, but his "simple pleasures" sound pretty nice to me. It sounds like he's a relatively happy Bear. :smile:

16. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

pmps 133

Thanks for all the hugs and encouragement. Today he curled up in a sunbeam with Teddy, and gave himself a little face bath, so it was a good day.

I'm looking forward to Old Timers Day.

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

(((((linda))))) (((((bear)))))
    i'm glad it was a good day for bear. :smile:

18. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

(((Linda))) Sounds like you are doing everything you can for your Bear Man. (((Bear))) Sounds like he is enjoying life, what cat wouldn't with tummy rubs and sunbeams to lay in?

Take comfort in the knowledge that Bear knows how much you love him and that he knows you are there for him. All the rest is out of your hands. Hopefully, he will come through this and be more like the Bear of old. :YMHUG:

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Linda))))

The simple pleasures are the ones to be most cherished. I hope Bear rallies.

20. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Linda, you and Bear Man share a lot of love between you and that makes his quality of life the best it can be. Some cats who don't have near as many issues as he does do mostly those same small things daily (like my 16 yr old Minnie)and that is all the happiness they need... their needs met and knowing they're loved. They don't have run and play and "do" much any more to have a good life. You and Bear really have something special and I hope you don't get too distraught over him. Huggs.

21. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

(((((((Linda))))))) Sending many many cyber hugs your way and lots of love to Bear.

22. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

(((Linda))), I'm so sorry Bear isn't feeling well. I'm glad he had a good afternoon with Teddy. I'll be thinking of you guys.

23. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

Sunbeams and belly rubs, sounds like happiness to me.

I just hug you all......really tight, y'know, like one of them BEAR hugs. :D

24. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

This just brought tears to my eyes this a.m., and again tonight. So bittersweet.

I think the fact that bear man WANTS to cuddle with teddy and WANTS to sit with you, is one sure sign that he is more than happy to be here.

I want you to know how much gratitude I have for your visit to my condo today. Today, you have helped me see that our situations are a little different from the norm. We must adjust and be creative, with our kitties best interest in mind. Words cant describe how much your help both made sense AND made me feel a A LOT less alone.

((((((((((((Linda)))))))))))))) (((((((((((((((((bearman))))))))))))))
    and of course....(((((((((((((((((((Teddy!!!!)))))))))))))))) :mrgreen:

25. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

You know, Linda, those simple pleasures, and the fact that Bear appreciates them so much, are exactly what I love most about our senior citizen kitties. They don't need much to make them happy, and they show their appreciation so clearly.

I've never had to deal with a prolonged decline in one of my kitties, mine have all gone fairly quickly, so I don't really know what you are going through. It does sound like Bear is still happy, though. I think you're doing fine.

26. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Missed you this week. Glad you opened a condo, but is sad to hear Bear's having some LB issues again. He still sounds like your loving Bear, though. ((( Linda )))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.