1/22 Morris AM+9 509; +10 506; PMPS 490; +1.5 500

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3467&p=33662#p33662

Can't delay many more minutes today! Should I give 1.0u BCS? Will test again before I give any food/insulin, but I wanted to post here ASAP!

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41

I would not shoot a 41, no. Test again and feed LC. Always feed the forties.

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

So, no insulin at all this morning?

4. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

wow! That will wake you up in the morning!

yes, test again and see where Morris is before doing anything, I don't mind skipping a shot in the 40's if you can't be home to monitor, or a BCS (maybe 0.75u?) depending on if/how much he is up

5. CD and BigMac

Glad you are here Heather, my internet connection just pooped out. I had to go to my wireless smart phone thingy. slow typing.

Morris at 41, wow. Definitely a BCS dose or a skip, unless someone can monitor.

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

He went up to 49, but there won't be anyone home to monitor him today......kids (10 & 12) get home at +7, but I don't get home until +9. Will take your advice & skip dose this morning. Just hope he doesn't have very ugly numbers tonight!!! I also gave him 1/2 can Friskies for breakfast rather than his usual 1/4 can.

Last night, he didnt touch his +2 snack, and only ate about 1/2 of his +5 and +8 snacks. Despite having such a low number this morning, he seems quite fine! LOL!

I wish he would stop doing this bouncing thing to me......high, flat numbers yesterday, then a BIG drop this morning!! Whats next?!?!?

7. Heather and Jasper

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41; +15mins 49

Hope he isn't on the moon when you get home!

I would take him down to 1.25u tonight, that 41 at +12 earned a decrease in my book.

8. CD and BigMac

Hmm. I was hoping for more of a rise so you could do a token dose, but he is still in the 40's. Well, the weekend is coming and it will be a good time to make up any lost progress then.

Have a good day and let's hope his number won't be 4567875494i484 when you get home.

Oh yeah, Heather is right, Morris definitely earned a decrease! I forgot the obvious!

9. Heather and Jasper

I believe that's called the high before the break... quite common in some kitties.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the decrease! Morris did have quite a dramatic flare with this decrease.

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: AY CHIHUAHUA!!!

Morris - whatcha doing in the 40's? Maybe he thinks he's in a time capsule! :lol:

12. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41; +15mins 49 - dosecrease clarification

Now that I am having a bit of a lull at work (shh! Don't tell! :cool: ).....I have had a chance to re-read all the posts from today & digest the information a bit better.

Just to make sure I understand.....Morris has earned himself another dosecrease down due to these low numbers. Since I skipped his insulin all together this morning, should I give him his 1.5u again tonight & begin the decrease to 1.25 tomorrow??? Or, should I wait to see what his numbers are like when I get home before making that decision???

Tonight, I will be home around +9 and will see what his number is at that point. Then, unfortunately, I need to go out with the 2 legged kids & won't be home again until just before PMPS time

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41; +15mins 49 - dosecrease clarification

I'd suggest getting the +9 and if you're home with even 15 min. to spare before shot time, posting that number. My guess is that you will have a high number. Whether you shoot the old dose or the new dose will depend on Morris and whether you are able, based on data, to shoot through a rebound.

14. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41; +15mins 49; +9 509

:cry: I think I am going to cry! How can he go from SO low to SO high like this! I realize part of the equation is the skipped dose this morning, but still!!!!

I checked his timed feeder.....he did not touch his +2 snack, but ate all of his +5 and +8 snacks today. While cleaning out the LB, I discovered only 1 small poo but several big pee clumps

My schedule for this evening has changed slightly......I will now be home to get a +10 reading, then will have to go out & will be back home just in time for PMPS.

15. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41; +15mins 49; +9 509

wow Morris...((Gwen)) no crying, k?
    Morris will find his way back!

16. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/22 Morris AMPS 41; +15mins 49; +9 509; +10 506-dose advice

Thanks for the hugs Ronnie! Sure glad you are still hanging out in these parts even though you & Luna have made it to the falls!!

So, I still need some suggestions for what dose to give him tonight. Should I give him his dosecrease down to 1.25u he earned this morning, or should I hold the 1.50u for tonight (since we didn't give insulin this morning) & proceed with his dosecrease tomorrow AM?

17. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Morris definitely earned a reduction, but if he was my cat and he was in the 400's or 500's I would probably shoot the old dose one more time. If PMPS is much lower than 506 (like if rebound is breaking already) then I would take the reduction.

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i agree with libby... see where he's at at pmps time.

(((gwen)))

19. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

You guys are really seeing some action now!!! bcatrun_gif Yeah, sometimes it's like a roller-coater....he really scared his liver that time! :eek:

Congrats on the dosecrease....when you decide to take it! :mrgreen:

20. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 1/22 Morris AM+9 509; +10 506; PMPS 490

Thankfully, he is coming down a little bit. Thank you for all the suggestions about the dosecrease......I continued his 1.50u this evening & will reduce him to 1.25u tomorrow morning instead. Do you think the comment I made about that on his ss makes sense? Just don't want my vet to freak out when I give her an updated copy of his ss for review & she sees today's numbers!!!

21. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

That's it! I give up! Well, for tonight anyway! We will see what tomorrow brings. :YMSIGH:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.