3/5 - Leonard AMGB-115 +5-108 +11 - 110

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by steviep, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steviep

steviep Member

Leonard's still testing very low and due to last night I didn't want to give him a dose at all.

AMBG - 115
    NS
    +5 - 108
    +11 - 110

I went out for a couple hours after testing Leonard last night and his result at +4 being 229 with no morning or evening shot. When I came home he had pooped outside of the litterbox for the first time ever - very runny which has never happened. I tried to test him but he wouldn't let me so I couldn't get his BG reading - I wish I could. I'm worried it dropped significantly and that's why he pooped so I fed him some food. He's fine this morning and his results are still pretty low but because of last night I'm worried about dosing!

I'm going to test him at +8 as that's the time last night when I'm wondering if his BG dropped a lot causing him to react.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/5 - Leonard AMGB-115 +5-108

If you didn't give any insulin all day yesterday, there's really no chance of a hypo. Is there any chance he ate something that not only bumped up his BG numbers but also upset his tummy/GI system? By any chance, did you feed him a food that he's not had before or a flavor he's not eaten previously? For example, some cats are very sensitive to beef. It will give Gabby the runs.

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

wow...look at those numbers!

4. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Very nice numbers! Pancreas working, maybe just needs a little help?

5. steviep

steviep Member

He's been eating the same food all week - I think he maybe ate a little too much of it yesterday. It was definitely a new experience to come home to! Poor little guy. It may be because of his diet being changed only last week and his system is still figuring out this 'wet food only' business. Keeping an eye on him. I wanted to give him a 0.1 or 0.25 but the numbers keep going lower on their own so far!

6. steviep

steviep Member

+11 - 110

He's sticking around these numbers all day! His pancreas does need a boost but I'm still concerned about shooting. Paranoia.

7. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

I am sooo impressed! The switch to low carb wet food can do amazing things :)

You can buy some canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin - not pie filling) and see if he'll lick some off the spoon. It may help with diarrhea.

What are you feeding now?

8. steviep

steviep Member

The diarrhea has passed - I think he ate some of his sister's food last night (same as his, but just ate too much!)

He's eating low glycemic Merrick's wet food (Thanksgiving Feast). :) It seems to be working wonders so far!

9. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

Hi Stevie! The Merricks Thanksgiving Day Dinner is 12% carbs...I know it's low glycemic, but still a bit high on the carbs, you want to stay below 10% (many of us stay below 5%). You could use it for a MC (medium carb) food, to boost his numbers a bit if necessary. Cowboy Cookout (5%), Grammy's Pot Pie (8%), Turkducken (9%) would be good choices. There are also some LC fishy flavors, but I wouldn't feed them too often (twice a week max)...Surf and Turf (3%), Southern Delight (4%), Ocean Breeze (8%). The BG line is 1-2% carbs, any of them would be good too.

10. steviep

steviep Member

Oh that's so good to know. Perhaps by changing it to one with even lower carbs I can get him into the greens with diet alone! Thanks!

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I think a diet change might make a big difference. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.