12/30 Meowzi AMPS 294, +4~146

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Now she's teasing me. She came down just long enough to let me catch a glimpse of blue, and I bet she's on her way back up again. Fluidage may have a role in this +4; she did get 100 mls SQuids this morning.

WCR: Good :) Looks like she's already eaten more than half her lunch. And last night, she climbed onto the kitty tower and stayed up there for 30-40 minutes. That makes it twice in a week (she did it Christmas Eve too). She can't be feeling too bad, in spite of these numbers.

She has her acuPUNKture appt at +6.5, and we don't plan on any more pokeys till PMPS.

eta: Yesterday's condo (oops!)

2. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

Nice drop, even if it's a tease! Glad she's feeling well. How goes the acupuncture (like your alternative spelling!)? I saw a seminar on it here at the local SPCA recently and was in awe of how well the dogs/kitties do with it.

3. WCF and Meowzi

Some lucky beans have kitties that are very relaxed during acu - Cassandra's Sasha is one of them. I love the pics she took of Sasha during acu.

Unfortunately for us (or rather, for her vet LOL), Meowzi isn't - she has a certain "window" of time in which she will allow you to do stuff to her, and after that, it's hands-off-don't-touch-me-anymore after which she'll start to swat and bite. So Dr F-B tries to get in as many points as she can during that "window," and then it's hands off till the next treatment. Interestingly, though, Meowzi has admitted to the AC that acuPUNKture (tribute to Jackie's Punklet, btw) does make her feel better, but she just doesn't like being messed with.

On another topic - we have a question for the dosing team. Seeing that 2009 is coming to a close, and I have only 5 rows left in my ss - would you prefer that I add rows to the current ss, or start a new tab? I'd like to know what's easier for the team - which is less inconvenient for you: scrolling down and down and down to find current numbers, or looking at a brand new tab with no sense of the pattern of curve from the previous week/month/quarter?

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

There is a TV show on Bravo called Flipping Out. On it last season (I think it was last season), one of the kitties on the show gets taken to the vet for acu. Kitty turns into a hissing, swatting, biting mess. The vettybean tries desperately to get a few needles in before getting eaten alive by the kitty. Reminded me just how amazingly lucky I was to have Sasha just sit there during her acu treatments. Obviously there is another side of possibilities that I haven't seen. I have a feeling my civvie would be like that if I took her for acu.

I'm wondering the same thing. I am going to start a new tab for 2010, simply because I like the separation of years. Do make sure if you do this that you set the 2010 tab to be the one that opens when the SS opens. It only becomes inconvenient (to me, at least) when I have to switch the top tab immediately after opening a SS in order to get to the correct year.

Wishing you a happy and calm acu appointment! (and lots of fud vines and kitty tower vines too) :D

5. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I vote for a new tab. The 2009 tab is easy enough to click on to check for past performances. :)
    (Since you asked....) On a very personal level, I like the spreadsheets that have current numbers on top, and no scrolling is needed at all. And then I don't have to freak out when I see (old) Black/Red numbers as soon as page opens.
    But the SS templates are not set up that way and maybe the teams have always liked old to new, top to bottom. ?? I live in the here and now, and I like the current first, old stuff drops down, --just me? Either is Ok, ... :) I'm smart enough to figure it out. Most days anyhow. Hahahaha!

6. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

If only I knew how to add a new tab.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'll be different, I like having everything on one tab, and I like having the new stuff at the bottom. I like scrolling through spreadsheets watching the colors change from ugly to pretty. :)

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

And I bet you love those "Before and After" makeover shows too. :lol: :lol:

9. WCF and Meowzi

Except when you scroll through ours, you see the colours change from pretty to ugly :roll:

Would it be possible to get a consensus or majority opinion among the entire dosing team before I make changes?

Personally, I like it the way it is, chronological order with newest at the bottom. I've noticed the recent stuff takes time to load sometimes, but I just open a new tab and work on something else and when I come back it's all done, so it's not really an issue except when I sneak on at tbp (they monitor our internet usage). But I've often wondered what makes the dosing team's work easier - you're scrolling through dozens of ss a day.

BTW I just looked up Google docs size limits:
    "Spreadsheets: Each can be up to 256 columns, 200,000 cells, or 100 sheets--whichever is reached first. There's no limit on rows."
    So we can add as many rows as we like. I'm only up to around 22,000 cells, so it looks like one ss may have the capacity for 18 years. Now if I can only convince Meowzi to stick around for that long ;)

Cassandra, for the new year, if I stick to the same tab, I'm thinking of taking out the month separators I have now and just adding a year separator, like what I did when we switched to Lev.

Linda, to add a new tab, there is a button for Add Sheet. That will add a second worksheet to the same ss, and all you have to do to switch between the sheets is to click on their respective links. Dian has Beasley and Twinkie's ss set up that way - they're both in the same ss, but on different tabs.

10. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

See at very bottom of SS (while you are editing) there's a button labeled Add Sheet? Click on that to make a new sheet/tab. The new sheet will be blank.

What I always did was click on tab for the current in-use sheet (tab at bottom of SS), click on the Duplicate option, and a copy of my SS will show up as a new sheet. I renamed the new sheet (again by clicking on the tab name at bottom of page and choosing Rename), then just deleted all data and comments. Doing it this way kept the general format of the SS the same (with headers, color rules, etc) and I didn't have to create the entire SS format from scratch on a blank new sheet.

Personally, I prefer having an SS set up with tabs for each year and/or insulin used. Makes it easier for others to see progress of bgs and doses, IMO. One won't have to scroll through a single page of several years worth of bg data to find the most recent stuff.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... bKEKMRtYEQ

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You don't know if that blue is a tease.... Hope the acupuncture appt. went well.

12. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Merlin had a very, uh, colorful bouncy SS :p http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... bKEKMRtYEQ

Pssstt... Did Meowzi hear about the big party this Thursday night into Friday? Big shiny object in sky and New Year's ;)

13. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 12/30 Meowzi PMPS 278

Sure I do. See her PMPS ;) In fact, I'm willing to bet that she stepped away from her moon party just long enough to come back to invite other kitties to join in the fun!

We gave her another 100 ml SQuids tonight. We'll reduce down to her usual 75 ml tomorrow morning.

AcuPUNKture appt went very well. Dr F-B says she looks great :) Meowzi was such a good girl and let Dr F-B work on three additional points and didn't snap at her at all.

As we were leaving, Dr F-B said that when she dies, she wants to come back as my cat :eek: I told her not to make any plans yet; we'd really like her to stick around as our acu-vet :lol:

Of course she did. She was so eager to be punctual; she started partying on Boxing Day and has been up there since, with short little dips into blue to badger other kitties to start partying too! I can't really get grumpy about it, she keeps mumbling something about moonshoes and partying in honour of Merlin.

14. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 12/30 Meowzi PM+3~252, +6~196

Yup she's still in moon-party mode.

I like this slow drift better than the sharper drops we'd been seeing. But has anyone seen our fluidage? She got 100 mls tonight, which should have sent her down. I'm not complaining, just puzzled.

WCR: Hungry happy purry furry :) She's purring quietly to herself right now, but wants headscritches.

Food recap: she'd been fed an ounce at breakfast, then I was out running errands. By +3.75 when I'd gotten home, she'd already eaten another 1/2 oz. And she asked (yes, asked! *been did happy dance* for the remaining 1/2 oz and finished it by +4.25, without me needing to feed from spoon. I did hold up the bowl for her the entire time, but still ... we are very, very encouraged. Est. total calories for day: 128, from 4 oz of food.

We're OTB. Ni-ni!

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 12/30 Meowzi PM+3~252, +6~196

Shhhhh! She's saving it up for later! ;)

Ni ni!

16. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

personally, i like spreadsheets in chronological order. so does jojo. it's easier for my brain to detect patterns over the last couple of weeks. what happened before a couple weeks ago *usually* is no longer relevant. when peeps look back farther than that, they end up chasing their tails. ;)

a new tab for 2010 sounds good, but please move the tab up to the first position.

ps --- today is day 2 on this dose = NDW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.