5/25 Tommy+11 390~.25R, PMPS 359(+1R),+2(+3R) 313

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lauren&Tommy (GA), May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Afternoon LL Fam :D :D

We got back from seeing the new vet just a bit ago and both DH and I feel very good about this one. We met the owner this morning and he took great care in explaining and answering any and all questions I had.
    I brought a "Tommy" folder in to them filled with the dosing protocol, Information on Acromegaly, Tommy's full SS from the day i started home testing, his tests from the other vets, the publication from the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery. I think he may have been a bit taken aback at the amt of information i had for him.. That's ok though, he didn't talk down to me, ask why am i doing this, why am I doing that. He listened and asked questions too and of course i told him about FDMB and the wonderful people here who have helped tremendously to get Tommy where he is today~ a much more playful, happy 15yr old kitty :D .
    They have a vet who will more than likely be the one that we see the most, (She's a bit more knowledgeable with diabetic cats, but she won't be back from vacation until next week.

I thought it was good that we got to meet the owner of the clinic anyway, he reminded me a lot of one our neighbors we ride harley's with. He was very personable and we must have spent almost an hour with him.
    One reason we were there this morning is that Tommy needs to be up to date on his vac.. before he can have a Dental..

Oh yeah, and he has a dental appt set up for next Wednesday!!! :D :D
    More about that later.. I was really pleased with Tommy's post vet #'s. I thought they would be much higher than they were.. He's back chillin out with his brother and trying to get the vetty smell off..
    Teddy needed to examine every inch of the carrier as if there must have been a stranger in there or something.
    Overall a really positive vet exp. I haven't felt that in a long time.. I hope this is the place we'll be bringing all our babies too!

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Humpday!
    Big Hugs :YMHUG:

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/25 Tommy AMPS~356, +3 353 Back from New Vet!

what great news! here's hoping it's the beginning of a good vet experience - you must've wowwed (wowed?) them with your data.

i'm sure tommy's glad to be back home! have a great hump day yourself. for some reason this week has felt about 2 weeks long and it's only wednesday! yikes.

3. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Sounds like a pretty awesome vet!

It's always good to hear stories about people with great vets that are willing to let the parents take control of the dosing.

Tommy is getting a dental next week? Maybe a visit from the toof fairy as well?

4. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

I am SOOO glad the vet visit went well. Now you can breathe a sigh of relief. I'm hoping that the vet you will actually be seeing, the one who is supposed to be more knowledgeable about FD, will have the same attitude and is GLAD you've done your research instead of being threatened by it. Hopefully, she is a confident enough doc that she won't feel the need to one-up you in the knowledge department.

Have a great day yourself!! :D

5. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/25 Tommy AMPS~356,+3 353,+5 357 Back from New Vet!

Julie i'm not sure if i "wowed" him or scared him into thinking
    i'm just some sort of data collecting junkie! :lol:
    I sure hope he just reads what i gave him so he can better understand what i'm doing with Tommy and his care.
    I pray your right but only time is gonna tell with that huh!
    This morning was good start!
    I also agree with your assessment as to how freakin long this week has been already. Thank you for the good wishes :D :D

Tracy, yes, this initial visit went well! I have to say though i would be looking for a new vet again if he wasn't willing to let me continue taking control of Tommy's dosing. But he in no way acted or said anything that would lead me to believe that it was his way or the highway.. He really listened.
    And yes please could Tommy have the toofes fairy visit if he doesn't have to have some teef pulled.. :D :D

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys, this is such a great post to read .. So glad that the vet visit went well and you and DH both felt at ease .. and glad the dental was scheduled ... Tommy will feel like a new man once that's done!

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

The Toofies is very important so they do need attention...It does affect their whole health & bg's--
    I am Glad you Wowed them with your knowledge--They will have more respect for you, as they know you know what you are talking about!!--I do that too with tons of info--I am an info person too..
    Glad you had a good experience--Big Hugs--Have a good evening & now you can rest easy a little bit..
    You are doing such a great Job with tommy!! Pat yourself on the back! And from us--HUGS!!!! :mrgreen:

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad the visit went well.

We have lots of info on dentals! This is info from my vet's office on dentals under anesthesia. It's a good handout for comparing what other vets do.

9. Tena and Curry(GA)

Tena and Curry(GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome on the new Vetty visit going well. And that he listened to what you were doing.

Yay on getting the dental. It is a bit of a nerve-racking, but certainly well worth it in the long run.

And absolutely the tooth fairy can come visit. Sometimes the tooth fairy visits even when teeth didn't have to be pulled cuz the kitty was so good.

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/25 Tommy+11 390~.25R, PMPS 359(+1R)

YAY!!! A successful vet visit. That is great, and must be a huge relief for you. I think it is so great that he took the time to listen too you. That one may be a keeper.

Ahhhhh - a dental for Tommy. Gotta take care of those toofies! He will thank you for it once it is all over with.

have a great night guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.