5/26 Tommy PMPS 461,+2 516~.25R,+4 438(+2R)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lauren&Tommy (GA), May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Lauren&Tommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Morning LL :coffee: :coffee: ,

No shot just yet for the Boy, Just wanted to get his Condo up and running! Could be an interesting day for him @-) . Let's see where he takes me.. Right at the moment he's a bit peeved at me that there isn't his breffis going in his belly!! I'll test again at +12.5 at which point i might have to give a little bit of HC.. He's gonna have to make quite a recovery for me to give him his full dose this a.m.
    I hope everyone has a great Thursday :D

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 5/26 Tommy +10 114,+11 105,+12 71

That sounds like a very good plan.

3. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Wow, coming from you Sienne i take that as a great compliment especially since i just got done reading about the Journey you've had with Gabby.. What an absolutely wonderful story of courage, dedication, fight and what i see most of all with you and Gabby and Gizmo is the unconditional love and bond that us beans share with our kitties.. You were most assuredly meant to have those two beautiful babies in your care.. Because of you and those like you, us older newbies have been able to have that support and help just like when you were new!, for that i thank you, thank you, thank you!!

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

wow, look at that +12 . . . tommy always keeps us guessing, doesn't he!

5. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy +10 114,+11 105,+12 71,+12.5 62

I just gave him 1tbsp of HC 9-lives tender beef slices in gravy 24%..
    I'll check again in 30..

Julie, He is a mystery @-) @-) ohmygod_smile nailbite_smile

6. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

You're doing fine, Squirrel. Turn around, Tommy!

7. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Quite the morning for Tommy!!! You're doing great!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 5/26 Tommy +10 114,+11 105,+12 71,+12.5 62,+13 72

Tommy is just full of surprises! (And thank you for the kind words.)

9. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 5/26 Tommy +10 114,+11 105,+12 71,+12.5 62,+13 72

Hi guys, these numbers are looking superb! I hope that tommy surfs the day away for you in this range, how exciting! Have a great day guys!

10. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy+12 71,+12.5 62,+13 72

Thank you Laurie and Christie.. He's turned around a bit but that could just be the HC..
    I didn't feed @+13 just to see what he does for me at +13.5..
    I know this question has been asked and answered a 100 times if not more, but at what point to I give a reduced dose and how much, or skip all together. I would think with Tommy being on such a high dose that i should give something this morning.. Right now we are an hour past his morning dose.

11. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Re: 5/26 Tommy+13 72, +13.5 67 Reduce dose or wait?

Squirrel, I would not shoot until you see that he has turned around and is rising naturally. Usually you want to shoot by +14, if you are going to shoot. Normally, you would not want to stall for 2 hours and then shoot a reduced dose, since the stall acts like a dose reduction in itself. However, each situation is unique. Let's see where he is at +14.

12. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Laurie thank you so much for explaining the reasoning behind not shooting a partial dose.. I understand the reason behind that now.. I'll be getting a +14 here in about 10min.. I'll be back to post in a bit..

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I agree wtih waiting until at least +14 to make a decision, if you can. Just a thought, I have had to skip shots with Jazzy before when she has given me a green PS. It is one concession I make to her acro (otherwise I mostly follow the regular protocol). It doesn't help that I almost always have to leave right after her shot, so I don't have time to stall. If you study Jazzy's spreadsheet, sometimes her shed actually carries her all the way through the next cycle with no ill effect. 11 units makes a big shed - that works in your favor sometimes when you have to skip. Also remember that you have R in your arsenal, so if you do decide to skip and he starts to shoot up later in the cycle, you can R him.

You have good instincts, trust them! You also have Laurie helping, and SHE has good instincts too. :smile:

Gotta run into a meeting...

14. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy+13 72, +13.5 67, +14 68 Reduce dose or wait?

Thanks for stopping by Libby and giving me more input as to what to do today.. Yeah i really don't feel like he'll be getting his shot this morning..
    I have a few questions though :?: . Since I won't be shooting his morning dose, when can I feed the poor boy? Do I need to keep testing every 30min until he starts to come up? Could I feed him now or do i need to wait?

15. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

I think it's fine to skip this morning. Once you decide to skip, you can feed him right away. I would get another test in 30 minutes, make sure he's coming up.

You did terrific with this, Squirrel. You really do have great instincts! :D

16. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Good job today! You really couldnt shoot a falling number like that..And Tommy is so special..
    You knew & you did great! Have a nice day-Hugs from us! :mrgreen:

17. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy+13 72, +13.5 67, +14 68, +14.5 67

Ok, here's where we are.. No shot this morning! I just fed him his normal amt and kind of food and he is also still @ 67 at +14.5. At what point do i make the decision to give him a bit more HC to help get his numbers up or do i just keep feeding him his normal food unless he drops?
    And since i've never skipped a shot in the morning, what do I put in my subject line? Do i just keep on doing it the way i am this morning.
    Will I shoot tonight at his normal time?
    Laurie thank you so much for the confidence builder.. I have excellent teachers ;-)

Roni, thank you for the kudos on handling Tommy this morning. I agree completely, there was NO way i was going to give him his shot after seeing those numbers.. I do hope he comes up just a bit for me and soon!
    Big Hugs back to you again :YMHUG:

18. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Anytime you are concerned about his numbers, you can give HC if you want to, Squirrel. Since he is surfing at this point, and he's in safe numbers, it isn't necessary, you can give regular food. If he drops into the 50s or close, I would give him some HC. Since you skipped, and it's been 2 hours since HC (right?) he likely will surf or rise now...but of course, he is a cat, and he could decide to prove me wrong and drop! I would continue to keep an eye on his numbers until he starts to go up.

You are doing the times right, you just keep counting hours from the last shot. You can shoot at normal time tonight, or pick a different time if you want to change the schedule...that's the nice part about skipping, it allows you to get back on schedule or change your shot time all at once if you want to. :smile:

19. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Yes Laurie, It's now been about 2 1/2hours since his last HC.. So i'll keep testing until we see the numbers start to rise.. Does it need to be every half hour or can i do every hour now?
    Also, I can't thank you :D enough for the info on moving his shot time if i want because of skipping a dose. I learned something new today..
    I believe I was talking with DH just the other day about that. I want to move it to a couple hours earlier.. The time frame I have right now, probably won't work too well when i find work. It would just be an all around better situation if i could just move it up.. :D

20. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

I think you can test every hour now...hopefully he will start to rise soon, but no zooming up, ok Tommy? ;-)

I'm glad that info helped you, Squirrel. :smile:

21. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy +14 68, +14.5 67, +15 85

Up to 85 now :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .. I hope he heeds your advice and just decides to surf green ~low blues, that would be just fine with me.. :D
    Thank you again Laurie for all the help with me and Tommy this morning !
    I need to step out for a few today and run some errands but i'll wait just a bit longer to make sure he stays at a good safe level.

22. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Very nice +15! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the kind words, but you knew just what to do, Squirrel! Nice job! :D

23. julie & punkin (ga)

that's one of the benefits that i've liked when you have to skip a shot. i like going to 6:30 if i have the chance, but somehow it always creeps to 7 on me.

so look, tommy gave you a chance to fix the schedule where you want it to be! woot! He's looking great.

24. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy +14 68, +14.5 67, +15 85, +16 130

+16 still looks pretty good on Tommy. I would reallllllly like it though if he would just hang out around this floor the rest of the day and not, you know what! I have R ready if he does.. You hear me Tommy? I have it and I'm not afraid to use it Mister. I'll be moving his shot times to 6a.m.-6p.m. (cst) starting with tonights dose.. That is so cool i get to do that.

Julie, I think you might be right. Tommy must have known that I wanted to change shot times.. What a good kitty to do that for his bean :D

25. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 5/26 Tommy +14 68, +14.5 67, +15 85, +16 130

Gosh it looks like I missed all the fun this morning and this fabulous green surf!! Way to go Squirrel!!! You did a superb job...nice and calm. LL teaches us many things but one of them is to breathe and be calm, isn't it? We have so many great teachers. I hope he'll continue to surf some nice numbers for you today so you don't have to use the R. Wouldn't it be awesome if he did like Jazzy and his shed carried him through?

Have a fabulous day....hope you all are safe there. I was worried about you all and the tornados but just haven't had much time for condos this week.

26. Lauren&Tommy (GA)

Re: 5/26 Tommy+15 85, +16 130, +18.5 386~.25R

Well it was short lived, but hey! at least he did it :D ... Our first skipped shot and because of that, I'm taking advantage and moving his shot time up 3 hrs which will make it +21 for today and +9 on my SS.. My question is how do i go about entering his P.M. shot # on the PMPS slot if i'm shooting at the +9 slot on his SS. Am i making any sense at all? I'm sure i'm making it much more difficult than it really is :lol:
    Any help with that would be appreciated.. Tommy will be getting his p.m shot now in 2hrs &10min..

Marje, Good afternoon.. Yeah that was pretty to see, but unfortunately he didn't care to listen to either one of us.. I came home from running errands to Icky pinkus, but we'll get him back to the better floors :D :D
    Where i live we've been fortunate not to have any tornadoes near by, but we did have some pretty strong straight line winds yesterday mixed with quarter size hail.. I hope your'e having a good day.. I'll be visiting Gracie in a little while.

27. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 5/26 Tommy+15 85, +16 130, +18.5 386~.25R

Hi Squirrel, wow I am just catching up on condos, and you've had some day or is it night with Tommy. You sure are a great Bean and doing a great job with him. I agree as we sure do have great advisors here on LL. Glad there weren't any tornadoes nearby, the storms sound bad enough. Thanks for all your support with Maggie's anesthesia episode.

28. julie & punkin (ga)

Re: 5/26 Tommy PMPS 461,+2 516~.25R

when i moved it forward, i just posted in the pmps box on the SS, left the afternoon boxes empty and made a note in the notes section. it shouldn't matter too much, i'd think.

29. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Hi Squirrel!! Looks like both our boys had nice AM cycles!!! Champ's on a 6 am/6pm cycle. Even though I have to get up early on the weekends, I just go back to bed for a couple hours. I've learned to fall back to sleep pretty quickly!! :D

30. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW - what a day here - and I missed it! What a great am cycle - all that green! bummer on the pm one, guess Tommy wanted to try out some bouncing. I hope it clear soon.

Have a great night guys.

31. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Sorry to see he bounced, Squirrel. Come on down from there please, Tommy!

Sorry I missed your question...the way you entered the schedule shift on Tommy's SS is fine. It clearly indicates what you did. I hope the new schedule works well for you. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.