8/17 Tiberious PMPS 277 +2= 374, +4= 303

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan and Tiberious, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan and Tiberious

Susan and Tiberious Member

last nights post's.

Is this unusual? I was not expecting such a high number after last night journey. Any comments welcomed! confused_cat

2. Jessica & Boo Radley

Jessica & Boo Radley Member

Re: 8/17 Tiberious AMPS 212- Rough night

Enjoy your much desrved sleep!

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Re: 8/17 Tiberious AMPS 212

Congrats on the reduction!

Yes, dipping into the greens for the first time can be very nerve-wracking and scary. We're all here to help you, though, and I see that you had some great folks "by your side" last night, so you never need to worry!! Before you know it, you'll be a pro at all this, and after a while you'll have enough data to know how to steer Tiberious' numbers with great ease.

Have a great day today!

Amy

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

We haven't stopped by to tell you hello before, so HELLO! Looks like you had a very busy night last night. The first few times are always so scary and I'm glad that you had some help. You did great!

Hope you are able to get some rest today and tonight!

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Susan and Tiberious,
    Just dropping by to welcome you to Lantus Land and to tell you what a great job you did last night. Congratulations on the dose decrease!

Ella & Rusty

6. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

You did very well last night. Hopefully he'll come down a bit for you today, and surf in the blues, and greens. Have a great day you 2! :D

7. Amanda

Amanda Member

Even your 68 last night was a pretty gorgeous number - but without the data and the experience behind you I can understand being nervous! Vets aren't usually up to date on home testing and regulation; mine seems to think anything within normal range is dangerous & doesn't like it. They also don't think hometesting is necessary and sent me home with dry prescription food. :roll:

Are you home today to get some spot checks in?

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Susan and Tiberious, I just wanted to extend you a warm welcome, too. I read yesterday's condo, and you did great and received some great help and advice. Looking forward to seeing more of you and Tiberious. That's an interesting name, and I bet there's a story behind it. Have a nice day.

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Well done last night - and congrats on the dose reduction. I can appreciate what a long night it was - you handled it well, it will get easier as time goes on. I hope you can catch up on some rest today. Welcome aboard once again.

10. Susan and Tiberious

Re: 8/17 Tiberious AMPS 212- +1-165,+3-95

Help!!

So scared ---- Should i be worried that he will drop further based on last nights info??... Any suggestions,comments advice please!!! nailbite_smile

11. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

First, don't be scared.....you really do want to see green numbers.....you handled it beautifully last night. Do you have a some High Carb food? You could give Tiberious a 1/2 tsp to see if that will slow his drop and help him "surf" . I do this with Zoe.....if she is dropping fast, a 1/2 tsp will help slow her down.

Oh, and welcome....I was just popping in to say Hi and welcome to LL. You will get the hang of this and green numbers will make you very happy. (really!!)

12. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Susan
    What an amazing night last night and a gorgeous ss to boot.

I am bumping you up for more eyes but I wanted to tell you that when you to report new test numbers,
    go back to your original post of the day and edit your line there.
    No one can see your new numbers right now and I see that Tiberious is on his way to dropping again.

13. Susan and Tiberious

Re: 8/17 Tiberious AMPS 212- Rough night +1-165, +3- 95

Thank you Randi!! Jst updated!!

14. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Susan....what is Tiberious reading now?

15. Susan and Tiberious

Hi Amanda!

Yep I'm home today! Will do doing spot test periodically..

16. Susan and Tiberious

Hi Sherry !

his +3 was 95

17. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

so he's doing great! even though it seems nerve-wracking - you want this! as long as you're home to test him he's going to be fine.

i think since it's now daytime, if i were you, i would just monitor him and not give him high carbs at this point until he gets to 50. that range from 50-100 is healing for his body, so you don't want to completely prevent him getting there. it's fine if you need to go out or to bed, of course. there's no danger in those numbers - you just want to keep him from hanging out in the 40's or 30's. so don't be nervous.

it'll really help when you have a few days worth of data in your ss because you'll see those patterns.

can't remember if anyone has suggested neosporin ointment with pain relief to you for tiberious' ears. that will really help him cope with all the pokeys. i've used it and it's amazing how much it takes away the owie. some people slather it on at night - you can put a bunch on after a poke and then wipe most of it off before the next test, too. it'll goo up your test strip if you have too much on while you're testing. and it does last a while. i think ointment is better than cream because the cream just seemed to disperse the blood and not let it bead up.

i'd probably test today every hour, if you can, until he is clearly rising and it's past his nadir.

we like to keep at least 50 test strips and lancets on hand so we don't get caught - just a heads up. you can order online much cheaper than in the stores. i use americandiabeteswholesale and sign up first at mrrebates.com for an 8% rebate on your orders. a lot of people buy test supplies on ebay too. hocks is another online company that's got good prices.

18. Susan and Tiberious

Re: 8/17 Tiberious AMPS 212- Rough night +1-165, +3- 95, +4-

Thanks Julie!!

19. Mary and Stella

Mary and Stella Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lantus Land Susan and Tiberious! :D

20. Susan and Tiberious

Thanks Mary!!

Looks like Stella could be Tiberious's sister!! :mrgreen:

21. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, Tiberious is doing great! A decrease already! Fantastic!

He might have a very short run on insulin! :D

22. Susan and Tiberious

I can only Hope!! Last night seemed like it would never come to an end. Today I feel much better, and Tiberious actually followed me to the kitchen which hasn't happen in weeks!! Yay!! Thanks again for all of your help!!! :lol:

23. Amanda

Amanda Member

Re: 8/17 Tiberious PMPS 277 +2= 374

Looks like he may need another dose decrease soon if he keeps getting such beautiful numbers. You're doing great and looking like a pro already. Welcome to the vampire club! ;-)

I thought Kazi was slowing down because she was getting older...turns out she felt like crap from the diabetes. Got that under control and I have a feisty 11 year old running around! Glad to hear Tiberious is feeling better already!

24. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

he's got a bounce going, susan. he probably went a little bit lower after you stopped checking this morning - usually the lowest point is somewhere +5-+7, although it can vary. when he got lower, his liver let loose a shot of counter-regulatory hormones and stored glucose and that's why he's high now.

his numbers will flatten out again over the next 3 days when that clears his system. the plus side is you won't have to worry about staying up all night tonight!

in the meantime you hold this dose unless he falls below 50.

quite an educational experience, isn't it?! more than you ever thought you'd know about feline diabetes!

25. Susan and Tiberious

Thanks Julie!

Yep- I've learned more in the last week then i ever expected. Appreciate the info-I'm sure I'll have a much more restful night and so will Tiberiou's poor ears :sad:

Much Thanks Again!!
    Night~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.