9/21 punkin amps 234 +7/176 Acro treatment day 3

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by julie & punkin (ga), Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

yesterday

well, i must confess that i'm ready to be done with this and head home! punkin was not keen on going to CSU this morning. we actually had to pull the bed out to get him from underneath it. it wasn't like he was cowering or afraid, he was just tired. he didn't fight us either, just sort of resigned. his pupils are fixed again this morning - not a good sign, but the student who's working with him, who picks him up from us in the mornings, said it could just be swelling that's doing it, which could go down.

gave him lots of food til midnight last night to try to tide him over while he's there today. i'm very grateful he's not vomiting from all of the anesthetic.

another day . . . tomorrow is the last treatment and we'll head right out for home from picking him up.

anya woke me up about 6 - somehow i guess while we had the slider open a moth got in. so she was in hot pursuit of the moth! most fun thing she's had happen in days! we caught it in a glass and put it outside.

wow there are a lot of new people needing help on LL this morning!

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 9/21 punkin amps 234 Acro treatment day 3

Hi guys .. I understand your want to get home .. there's no place like home .. Just keep telling yourself tomorrow is the last day of treatment and then you can take your sweet babies back home .. Hang in there punkin, you're doing great and your beanz are doing this cause they love you so much .. hugs from us!!

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

aw, Punkster...you are such a trooper...
    we know you and the clan are tired...and we're sending this to you...
    Deep love, fervent prayers, and maybe a smile.

celi & binks

ETA: you have to click on "watch on youtube"...but the words are so perfectly how LL feels about you!

[youtube]fKEaqKaYlig&feature=related[/youtube]

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Hang in there Punkin, you're half way through it. They do let us know when enough is enough, but he's wrong this time. At least Anya had a little fun last night.
    Take things esy and rest up today for night feeding duty. :YMHUG: :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

5. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Hang in there, punkin... it's almost over. :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon :YMHUG:

6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

You're almost there...you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sure everyone will be thrilled to be home!

Do you have to go back for any sort of follow up, or do you just monitor the results with BG tests?

7. SmokeyD

SmokeyD Member

Hang in there Punks and Beans!!! Two more days and then you'll be on your way home. You're more than half way there! Thoughts and prayers!

8. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Thinking of all of you! Almost done Punkin then you can go home. :D Hope you have a good day!!

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update, Julie. That's great that he is keeping food down. Wow, what a tough guy! And Anya is providing the comic relief. Those moths are very exciting. Thinking of you all day and continued good results.
    Liz

10. Ollie(GA) & Patsy

Ollie(GA) & Patsy Member

Many hugs Julie...you have had a long week. Wish I could send you energy but this is all I have for the moment.....

It always helps me to breakdown time so here goes...in less than 24 hours you will be heading home and treatment will be over! For a number of those hours you will be sleeping....even better! You have done so well and everything has moved in a positve path with the end of treatment so close. Punkin sounds like the perfect patient and other than the "poop incident" has been a gentleman. :D He looks fabulous in the video. Give yourself a big pat on the back, hug your DH, put your feet up tonight ( maybe order room service) and know you are in the right place at the right time. I believe Punkin is going to have great success from treatment....just think tonight about how good that will feel. And remember that the trip home always seems shorter!

Hope this helps....if not an adult beverage or two are suggested!

I will never forget how you helped me...I hope this does something for you. :YMHUG:

11. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Thinking of y'all and hoping today goes well. I know all of you are ready to get home and get this behind you. Hugs and prayers.

12. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

Sending out all my best wishes, healing vines and love to Punkin and the family. Sure he is tired but he is almost there and then you can bring him home and reward him with all kinds of love and affection. Thanks for the updates.

13. julie & punkin (ga)

aw, once again, you guys are the best. although i'm kinda sniffly at the moment. loved the dancing kitties and "say a little prayer" gig! i really appreciate everyone's encouragement. i feel such a comic mixture of "i'm so optimistic, glad we're here and punkin's doing great" combined with "what was i thinking? it's so much $$ and he's 13 and they said it was a huge tumor!"

but, i've got him back to the hotel room now. his pupils are responsive again - which is awesome! i don't know how quickly some positive effect could be happening. his BG is good - 176 at +7 and i know they fed him an hour or so ago. he was completely content coming out with the vet intern and in the car. he's now eaten again and managed to make sure Anya got back into the Clean Plate Club.

while i was out she managed to get into some garbage from lunch at subway and make a little girl mess! yes, she is the comic relief!

so i'll put on my big girl pants and go pick up the DH - he's on a brewery tour! hahahaha - and i'm going to stop at a quilt store on the way.

thanks for the perspective about the timing, patsy. yes, 24 hours and we'll be on our way home. we made a reservation in Evanston, Wyoming for tomorrow night. then it'll be 16 or so hours on friday but we'll get the whole way.

14. mybuddybinks

15. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

And, of course, Celi finds the perfect picture that makes me :lol: :lol: ! So glad to hear your update, Julie. Great news!
    Liz

16. julie & punkin (ga)

celi, you've got the touch! always just right!

i'm over being weepy. the husband (with a little brewsky under his belt) announced that this was exactly the right thing to do for punkin, which makes me feel better. especially since he's the one earning the money that's paying the bill. he's a good guy. i think he's passed his trial period and i think i'll keep him - our 28th anniversary is oct 1. i didn't want to rush into anything, but he's done ok. ;-) :lol:

17. mybuddybinks

:lol: :lol:

and i'll let you in on a little secret, julie...I got a little weepy over punkin earlier as well.

we bond so deeply here...

18. julie & punkin (ga)

ohmygosh, it's so true. i think you (meaning all of us) must be a sensitive type to love your cat enough to go through this stuff - and then multiply it by all the other kitties here . . . i feel like i "know" each one of them. it's so easy to get attached and when they feel yucky you just feel for them.

*sigh*

while i'm all mushy punkin is snoozing away under the bed. good thing one of us has some sense! :lol:

19. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Great update on Punkin again. You're almost there, guys!!

Yes...it's very true...so attached to all the kitties here. Gosh, the first night that Tarragon was hospitalized and we didn't know why, I lost sleep! This week, I've been checking the forum a bazillion times a day to catch up on Punkin. And, of course, there's everyone else, too. This just is the most amazing community I've ever seen...online or in person.

20. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Thankfully just ONE MORE DAY!!! Punkin is our New Hero, Brave , Courageous & soooooo GOOD!!
    You have been an above & beyond wonderful Momma Bean!! this has been an amazing experience & I just know it will all be well after it's done!!
    BIG BIG HUGS TO YOU, PUNKIN & ANYA FOR GETTING THROUGH THIS WEEK WITH FINESSE AND CLASS!!
    Hugs & Lubs from us!! :mrgreen:

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Two thirds of the way done and Punkin is doing great. Just think about how the four of you can celebrate once you're home!

I think you have a good question to ask the CSU folks -- when can you expect to see results and what would you expect to see?

22. julie & punkin (ga)

good point! we have an appt at 2pm tomorrow to meet with dr timian and get the scoop. i'll ask.

23. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

Not much more I can add to the sentiments already expressed except to agree that you have a very special DH :D

Hugs to all of you and a safe trip home!

24. ehsuan

ehsuan Member

Glad that you only have one more treatment and then it's back home. Punkin is a trooper, as are you. Glad the little fella has perked up and I hope tomorrow goes well!

Hugs to you and little Punkin (and the DH too for being such a great support)!

25. Michelle & Jetson

Michelle & Jetson Member

Hmmmm, a brewery tour... that sounds like fun :smile: Hope DH enjoyed his "me" time! He does seem like a "keeper" :lol: :lol:
    Glad you're keeping your sense of humor, and also very glad to hear Punkin is holding up well. And it's so sweet that Anya is there to watch over all of you!

Sending you wishes for a peaceful night, successful completion to Punkin's treatment and a safe drive home :smile:

26. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

That's a very wonderful update for punkin!!! I'm so very glad to hear that he's coming home. I have no doubt that he'll be finding his favorite bed, and laying down for a good stretch of the day when he gets home. I'm sure his beans will feel the same way, too. :lol:

I know exactly what ya'll mean about being weepy-eyed. We all truly know what the other is feeling when something happens to our beloved kitties. I know I enjoy reading condos, and all the little antics that everyone's cat is doing on a daily basis. We can all so relate, can't we? :lol: There have been, and will be, many a tear shed by myself as I hear (or read in this case) about a passing. I've lost many a kitty in my life, and know that those times will come again in the future (hopefully never the near future for anyone, yours or mine). It is truly the hear and now that we all share with our beloved sugarbabies and civvies of any animal. They have so many human-like traits that they show us. They give us great joy, and laughter, and tons of unconditional lubs.

Would someone pass the Kleenex, please? I'm doing it again. :lol:

27. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Your DH is Mr. Wonderful!!!! Hubby points big time. I think I'd keep him too. I would have done it in a heart beat also.

I've been following along and reading every post and update. Another great day. Wishing you another one tomorrow. And of course safe travels.

28. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Julie and DH, Punkin, Anya,
    All we can add to the above is: many, many, many :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: s

Have a good night and a successful treatment tomorrow. Punkin, you are a fine, brave kitty and we all love you very much.

Ella & Rusty

29. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

Just think, you've waited so long for this trip and now, it's almost over! You will all be on your way back home before you know it. Imagine how happy the kitties will be when they see all the familiar things in their house. The time for second guessing yourself is over, Julie. You made a decision that you felt was best for a cat who you love very deeply. This decision was 'optimism in action' at its best. If Punkin could speak, I'm sure he'd thank you, not only for the chance you're giving him, but for all your love. I think Mr. P deserves the Patient of the Year Award.

30. SmokeyD

SmokeyD Member

Great Punkin update Julie!!! I'm a cancer researcher (not an MD but a PhD)- You usually see the full effect of the radiation after several days to a few weeks. The radiation works to break the DNA in the cancer cells causing the cells to go into programed death the next time they try to divide. So it takes a few days for the swelling to do down and for the cells to die and clear out. Things will only get better! Hang in there- one more day of treatment then you are going HOME!!!

Thoughts, prayers and love from me and Smokey!!

31. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Awwww now i'm all weepy eyed over Punkin......this is such a great thing you've done for Punkin and your family. Sounds like he's such a trooper and a very brave kitty. 1 more day Punkin! You can do it big guy!!!

Can't wait until you start seeing results Julie, that will be the bestest day EVER! Like just as good as an OTJ party :lol:

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: And a hug for each and everyone of you......have a great night and good luck with the last day!

32. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Another day, another heartwarming Punkin and Anya post that has me all misty eyed. So glad that you all will be home soon. big hugs from us, and lots of scritches for the furkids!! Prayers that your last day goes swimmingly!

33. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

I'm glad things seem to be going as planned. I understand you wanting this to be over....has to be exhausting to have a constant nagging worry. Good luck with tomorrow!!

34. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

adding more hugs to the many offered...

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

been thinking about punkin all day.
    one more day and you'll be on your way home!

35. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Julie))) I found these big girl panties at Chico's for you ;-) ;-) ;-) I think the red makes a statement...."I CAN DEAL WITH THIS....I GOT ON MY BIG GIRL PANTIES!". Now we have the Sisterhood of the Travelling Big Girl Panties :lol: :lol: :lol:

[​IMG]

You're almost there.....one more day....one day closer to better things for Punkin. You and DH have been phenomenal to do this for him. We all love you and support you.

36. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

HAHAHA. Marjorie you made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.