12/31 Latte AMPS- 187

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Dec 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=398

I awoke to Latte howlin' at the full moon! Seriously!!! :eek:

Well, Okay, maybe it was her water bowl. Strange behavior for whatever time it must have been. Speaking of time, I decided to check it and realized my phone (which has 5 alarms set between 6 and 6:30) was turned OFF- battery dead! What time is it?!!?!?! :? Whew! 5:50 am! Guess she wanted to make sure I did not get up late. Without that howling, who knows how long I would have overslept.

She is drinking, pacing, and even eating like crazy in our first 40min of being awake. Must have slept excessively yesterday in preparation for tonights bright sky and activity. First full moon in this dance I believe she ran too low for my comfort. Second, I increased dose AND started a new cartridge (not a wise idea if you are considering that today). This one, we are keeping everything the same and see how things pan out. So far, so strange....from the sounds of it, she must be kicking all the litter out of her box as I type. Pat? Its kind of stinky in here right now - should a do a post poop test?

I will be taking a loooooong nap today in MY preparation of being up all night - as I have to work at the nightclub. Probably wont get home until 1-2hrs before her AMPS. Yuck!!!!

Good Luck today everyone! :lol:

And Happy New Year!!!!!! :mrgreen:

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Good thing cat's seem to have built in alarm clocks, just in case us crazy beans oversleep! Not a bad amps number either. Hopefully nothing crazy happens during the full moon for you guys.

3. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Great amps today--Want to wish you a very Happy Healthy New Year to you & Latte..May all our cats be better in 2010!
    Nice Job you are doing!

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Very pretty start today, sounds like she's wound up and ready to party!

5. carolynandlatte

Re: 12/31 Latte AMPS- 187, +2- 110

Ooooh! We like these drops the past two days MUCH better!!!!!! :D

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Carolyn asked in my condo:
    I had a question for you about your mm's and how that works. Kind of vague, I know. But could you briefly explain the point behind it, as it seems to be doing something good for Luna.

Libby's answer to Gwen & Morris a little while back in old LL that I copied for reference:
    "I think it's worth a try to play with multiple small meals. For most cats it seems to work well to put the majority of the food in the first half of the cycle. That is when the insulin is working at its strongest, and the food helps counteract any drop from the insulin (keeping him flat). You don't want much food in the second half of the cycle when the insulin is wearing off. The exception seems to be cats with a semi-functioning pancreas, who benefit from a feeding around +9 to help stimulate the pancreas to bring the PS number down."

I believe it was near end of October that it was suggested to me by Jill(?) pretty sure it was her - I went back to old LL to look for it, but can't find it - although it is noted in my SS when I began MM's.
    I agree with MM's. They do make a difference. Keep in mind "every cat is different".
    Getting unmeasured-whatever servings stuffed him up and it would show on the numbers.
    You know I note just about everything on my SS, so it gives me an idea of what's happening and what did I do at such and such hour to get such and such result.
    Since end of October to now, end of December, Luna's need for food has come down to just under a 5.5oz can a day.
    Which I believe is about average, civvie Bast has always eaten about that much as well, maybe even a little less.
    The lower Luna's insulin got the less food he needed - hence - Mr Pancreass healing.

Luna is one of those +9 MM kitties Libby talks about, and for the most part it does help lower his BG by shot time. As Libby said, you don't want to overload with food as the insulin is wearing off, and it's especially important not to feed the 2 hours before shot times. I have sometimes, but a very small bit, like 1/2 tsp or a treat.
    I have struggled thou, with portions, and timing. But have now stuck to the suggested times to feed of PS, +1, +2 and +9

The one I eliminated this month was the +3, he wasn't always interested, by that time he's out for his nap...if he's still hungry he grazes on his previous MM.
    In October we began at 5 MM's per cycle, 1 tblsp+tsp for each, just over a can... this past month alone I dropped that extra tsp and 1 MM.
    I check for patterns and consistencies on SS and after seeing "hey - I'm wasting food here - he's not as demanding for food and if he overeats it spikes the next test...so I experimented a lot with portions and timing over this month.

We are at 4 MM's per cycle of 1 tablespoon each and not always all at once. The smaller portions broken up work on him. I do make it a point to have food on board and available in the first 3 hours after shots and as Libby said, it helps control a fast drop as insulin is kicking in and is the strongest.

Hope that helps, sorry it's long, I forgot you said briefly explain lol.
    I might of been an analyst in a previous life. :lol:
    I hope others have feedback for you to - but keep in mind, this works for some kitties.

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

So nice that Latte is your back up alarm system!! I hope the tips are generous tonight - there should be some compensation for having to work all night!

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

My cell phone alarm was buried under a mound of pillows that had fallen over on it ...what are the odds
    of THAT happening...(I put it on the floor away from my bed so I would have to get UP to turn it off...some days you
    just cant win, right? I woke up at +9 instead of +8.... dam cell phones....

Nice +2...poops will do it almost every time...isn't that weird? :lol:
    Sounds like you will be having a very busy night for yourself....hope it all goes well...many tips involved for you hopefully?
    :mrgreen: green is the color of money too!
    Wishing for a wonderful 2010 for you and yours....Happy New year!! Woo Woo!! :mrgreen:
    Be safe...have fun!!!

9. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

well that is a lovely start to the day!!! Good job, Latte! Keep it up for your Momma!!

Hope you make lots of money tonight! Here's hoping the drunken ones will forgot the tipped you - and tip you again!! :lol: Be careful on the roads....snow and drunks - not a good mix!

10. carolynandlatte

Re: 12/31 Latte AMPS- 187, +2-110, +4.5-131, +6.5- 153

Hellooooooooo!!!!! Wrong way, Kiddo! :?

I knew she probably had a kibble spike that could hit since she ate some overnight. But it should have relinquished itself by now. Im actually perfectly fine where she is at (as is she - currently rippin apart her catnip mouse, covered in catnip herself). Just hate to see how high it might take her later tonight if she starts with a high pmps. Maybe she just does not want me to worry while Im at work tonight. What a thoughtful gal!

Well, its just a day I guess. And she is happy. :)

11. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 12/31 Latte AMPS- 187, +2- 110

Looks like Latte is going to have an awesome blue paddleboating kind of day! :D

12. carolynandlatte

Re: 12/31 Latte AMPS- 187, +9'er~ 165

She is due for another kibble spike anytime.

Is the full moon every 28 days?
    maybe I should try a new cartridge tomorrow night. Get that out of the way before Im back at work.

13. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn,
    In answer to your question in my condo, I give the Pred (and all other meds) at the same time as the evening insulin shot. I also give all morning meds at the same time as the a.m. shot. Hope you have a good night at tbp tonight!

14. carolynandlatte

Re: 12/31 Latte AMPS- 187, +11- 212

Awwww Good Grief! What a miserable night she will have as she continues to go up in the p.m. cycle with the pred. :(

I suspect the catnip she spent so much time laying/playing in this morning has contributed to these 'high' numbers! ha!

15. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it's been a nice flat day for Latte. I bet that's why she feels so good. :)

16. carolynandlatte

Re: 12/31 Latte AMPS- 187, PMPS- 243

Well there just cant be any logic to this so Im not even going to bother trying.

Will start a new cartridge tomorrow pm, as I dont want to deal with anything too low in the a.m. since I will be up basically all night.

So, she has had a 1/2 jar babyfood, and all her meds, with lots of yummy food and water available. And yes, she does seem to be feeling good today. I guess thats what counts!

Pat - she just groomed herself and is currently giving herself a manicure for the party (seriously!)! She has a nice fresh, clean fleece blanky on her throne waiting for the moonbeams to hit through the window at approx 11pm to and carry her over for the party. :mrgreen: I told her all about it and she had many things to say. Just be warned...she may drink you out of the house tonight with these numbers!

See you all next year!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.