11/10 Tawny Update - Doing Good - Pix

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DD & Tinkerbell, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late post.

I got to visit Tawny this morning in the hospital. She is doing great. Everyone there is in love with her! I am convinced that she is also madly in love with all of them, too.

One of the techs said that when they get a cat like Tawny, one that was so critically ill when she/he comes in there, and then gets so much better, it is so rewarding for them, and she is such a good and loving girl, they all adore her.

She is still eating, or nibbling, on her own. She has a urinary tract infection, her pancreatits test came back in the "gray" area, her liver showed a little lipidosis (sorry if I get all this medical stuff a little skewed) but Dr. Hebert said that some of that could be that the UTI caused that or that caused the UTI, but that it is all "curable" and that her ultrasound had been boring. I am paraphrasing here in very simple, basic layman's terms, mine!

Her BGs are running 200-250, she is free-feeding, she is getting her Lantus now every 12 hrs, 1u, her normal dose.

She is up and walking, talking, loving & flipping her tail.

I have posted some pix on Photobucket and as God Is My Witness I swear the one that says it is not staged is really and truly not staged. I know you all are not going to believe this but I took some DCIN flyers to the clinic & gave one to Dr. Hebert. We were alone in a room w/Tawny (who adores the doc BTW) and when the Dr. left the room for a minute she laid the flyer down on the sofa right next to where she had been sitting next to Tawny. As soon as the Dr. left Tawny reached her arm out and put it right on top of that DCIN flyer and just stayed there like that. It was the coolest thing!

Tawny @ LVRC: https://picasaweb.google.com/110595906267277065441/Tawny?authkey=Gv1sRgCICS0vCm98boHQ

And then later when she was lying next to me using my leg for a pillow she did it again.

It's like she knows DCIN and all the rest of you are out there for her, for us.

As usual, thank you.

She might even get to come home tomorrow!

Desi, et al

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Dag Nabit, the link gave me a message that said 500 Internal Server Error, or something like that.

I am so happy that she is "She is up and walking, talking, loving & flipping her tail." That says it all, to me :D

You ready to come home, Tawny Girl? [​IMG]

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

She looks so good in the photos! Thank you for posting them. I am so happy that she is continuing to feel better!

4. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

GREAT NEWS! What a great post and fantastic pictures. Yes, she loves DCIN, they sent her to you. Sending prayers, white light, snowflakes, eating vines and positive vines for you and Tawny.

5. Jacspets

Jacspets Well-Known Member

What a great update and pictures! Wishing you more healing vines! Looking forward to the next great report!

6. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

THAT PICTURE IS A HANDS-DOWN WINNER FOR THE NEXT DCIN POSTER!!!

DESI-you made our day!

7. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

she looks good and such a supermodel! I'm so happy the news is good and she might come home!

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

:D :D :D ((((((Desi and Tawny))))))) :D :D :D

9. Sonia & Tom (GA)

Sonia & Tom (GA) Well-Known Member

Great update! Love the pics!

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

This is such great news!!!

11. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy for you. Tawny is a miracle kitty. I haven't been able to load the pics but will keep trying (it's my computer).

12. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

This is such good news, Desi. Tawny is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure she realizes how many people love her and were pulling for her recovery. the pictures are fantastic - have been watching for a post and am so very happy that she is doing so well.

Sending more healing vibes - wish I could do more.

Emmy & Dude (U iz bee-you-tee-ful, Ms. Tawny)

& Mittsi too (Multi-toed paw pats to U, gurlfreend - way ta' go)

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Desi))) what awesome pictures and an amazing report for your most beautiful Tawny!! Sending tons and tons of healing vines and hope she can come home soon!!

14. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a relief!! I'm sure it doesn't hurt that she's the staff's fav. I hope she's home snuggling with you tomorrow.

15. DD & Tinkerbell

Re: 11/10 Tawny ... I mean Stupid Bean ... Update

Stupid Bean Update: In all the history of the world Tawny's Silly Stupid Bean (that would be me) has never ever taken her laptop anywhere w/out the cord ever...except for today of course.

I barely got the pix posted & the link fixed when the smarter-than-me computer informed me in no uncertain terms that it was out of power and shut itself off. Which left me offline for over 4 hrs til I got to the house and the cord. I'm gonna tape it to it!

I am so glad you like the pix.

Binksy, I so busted out laughing when I read that! I never even thought of that but I have to admit it is a really cool pic! (Which one were you talking about, anyway?)

Tawny's p.m. update was quite boring...no new issues today. She is doing well on her Lantus, still on ABs (Clavamox and s/thg else they told me but not that bad one we all hate that's name starts with a C that I can never remember...the long-acting one).

She is weak, and thin, but eating on her own. I am so grateful for no feeding tube but if she needed it, she would get it. She will needs meds for a little while longer and a checkup in 2 wks, and as of this p.m. the Dr. would not confirm that she would indeed get to come home tomorrow, they want to see how she does overnight.

Please keep the prayers & healing vines and help coming, we still need you all and will for some time.

Desi, Tawny, et al

16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

so great to see the good report! and yes, those pictures are wonderful. so glad to hear that tawny is on the mend!

17. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

so great to see the good report! and yes, those pictures are wonderful. so glad to hear that tawny is on the mend!

18. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

tawny...i'm replying to your question here in your condo...
    The artichoke hearts made me belch...
    but your picture made me swoon. :D
    Binks

19. DD & Tinkerbell

Back at ya baby but could you wait til I get well, please? Tawny-I'll-be-dreaming-of-you-til-I-get-well-tho...

20. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT Tawny!! So glad she is doing so very well!!! :mrgreen:

21. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Desi, this is such wonderful news and really terrific pictures of beautiful Tawny. Rusty has gone outside to pick a new bouquet of lovely healing vines for a lovely girl and will send them by special delivery. He thinks that Tawny makes a great poster kitty for DCIN. Seeing her pic makes him very proud to be a DCIN kitty, too!

Continue to get well, Tawny. We are all thinking of you and your fabulous mamabean,

Ella & Rusty

23. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

What a wonderful update! I'm so glad tawny is doing so much better and is eating on her own .. I bet neither of you can wait till she is at home where she belongs!

24. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

wonderful news and sending more healing vines her way

25. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

What a beautiful little girl, and I am so loving the wonderful update on her. Thank you for sharing, and may she continue to make a full and speedy recovery.

26. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/10 Tawny ... I mean Stupid Bean ... Update

Oh I SO love 'boring'!!!! She's such a beautiful doll - I'm so glad she's eating and being a 'kitty' again.

27. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Tawny has refilled my heart today. Thank you so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.