11/13 Tawny is Back in the Hospital

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DD & Tinkerbell, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

EDITED: Assist fed about 40cc's of the Meow Mix/SO mush. We are at +13 now. She gets 1u. Should I hoot?

yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56304

she still will not eat. she acts happier out of her room than in it, so i let her stay out overnight, i was up checking on her every couple hrs. when she wasn't lying in front of the water bowl she was, once the sun came up, lying in a sunny spot on the floor.

She is still drinking, but has not peed that i can find. no biscuits.

it is meds time, and shot time, and assist feeding time (Karrie, I love that phrase as opposed to the negativity of "force-feed", as you say!).

I will try to find the liver supplement you mentioned yesterday also, is this human over-the-counter thing or do I have to get it from the vet or off the web?

The clinic also mentioned the Recovery food, however they said the a/d was a little easier to get into the syringe, however I am guessing I can just add more water to the Recovery.

I am going to go ahead and give her her shot since her # is so high and we will be assist feeding in a few minutes. I'll watch for feedback on whether or not I should hoot, we'll do the meds & feeding 1st and I'll ck the board once more b4 I hoot to see what everyone thinks.

Desi

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/3 Tawny amps 301 NOT EATING Should I hoot?

looks like you posted a while ago, what did you decide to do?

For what it's worth, with a cat just out of DKA you really have to give insulin, even if that means syringe feeding carbs to keep the numbers up. I'm glad you got your girl home!

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 11/3 Tawny amps 301 NOT EATING Should I hoot?

Desi:

You could get some of each ....REcovery and a/d. Karrie is right...the REcovery is higher in calories and lower in carbs but you might have to use a blender to get it thin enough but I'd still use the clinicare with it for extra calories.
    My kitty practically sucked the a/d right out of the syringe but would have nothing to do with the Recovery. If you get some of each, you'll be covered and can take back what you don't need.

I buy Denamarin off the web and I just do a google search to find the cheapest price. Sometimes it's through amazon and sometimes through other websites.

Karrie mentioned anti-nausea meds and I would talk to the vet about a script for ondansetron (zofran).

Hoping she will eat today. And that you got insulin in her.

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 11/3 Tawny is Back in the Hospital

I hope she is okay.

5. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Can only send healing vines, snowflakes and many hugs.

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

healing vines ad positive thoughts for tawny. I hope she is alright.

7. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

The plan was to just go get some a/d and some Recovery, so I could get the calories & food into her.

I called LVRC b4 I left the house to give them a report, she still would not eat this a.m., had made no biscuits since Friday afternoon, and had not urinated since yesterday morning.

They said bring her in. And I was going anyway...

The vet came into the room, started to ask what was going on with her, took one look at her, asked me a couple of quick questions and immediately whisked Tawny into the back room for more blood work and immediate treatment. All the people at the clinic adore Tawny and they have gone above and beyond the call of duty on taking care of her. It was like they were so shocked by her rapid decline that they just got right to it immediately.

As I was leaving through the lobby Dr. Hebert, the vet that I think of as "Tawny's vet," the one in the pix with us last week, who was not even supposed to be there today, stopped me in the lobby and said that she had been at some function across the street and had just stopped by the clinic to see what was going on and as she came thru the back she saw Tawny was back and came out to get an update.

All this happened in the space of about 3 minutes, that's how fast they went to work on Tawny once they saw her and how much they care.

So here we go again...

Keep the prayers, healing vines, snowflakes coming....and please be sure to add prayers & healings & protections for Jill & DH & Alex, too. I don't remember whose condo I read this in last night but it was right on the money: to paraphrase & add to it, Jill was indeed the person that held our hands in the old days whenever one of our cats was dx'd, who talked us thru it, taught us each the same thing over and over she had taught each scared Bean who had come b4 each one of us, and who tucked us in every night with a pep talk and a ni ni. Maybe we can give a little back to her & hers now.

Desi

8. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

healing vines and snowflakes for Tawny may she be home asap (((((Desi))))))

9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Desi))): prayers and healing vines, snowflakes, white light for Tawny. I'm glad you took her in.

10. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

SENDING SNOWFLAKES, WHITE LIGHT, AND HEALING VINES TO SWEET MISS T.

[​IMG]

and total agreement with the sentiment regarding jill..

11. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Desi, you're so nice, for thinking of others.

I hope Tawny just needs a little more supportive care and will get all better real soon. She may need a feeding tube, ya know. Keeping Tawny and her vets in my prayers tonight. Come on Tawny fight and get all better, pretty girl.

12. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

So sorry to read of Tawny's struggles. It sounds like she is getting wonderful care from docs who love her like her ever lovin' bean does. We have paws crossed she recovers quickly.

13. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

((((Desi)))) What a good thing it was to take Tawny with you today. It may have saved her life. We are praying for a restful, restorative night for her, and for you, too. Sending lots and lots of healing vines and snowflakes.

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

14. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines and prayers for your sweet Tawny. Take care of yourself, too.

15. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Desi))) I am sending prayers that Tawny is feeling better and able to come home again soon.

16. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

(((Desi)))
    I don't know how I missed your condo this morning....I'm so sorry Tawny is back at the clinic. :sad: I hope she feels better and can come home very soon! Sending tons of vines and snowflakes for her....

17. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Many thoughts and prayers for sweet Tawny!!!

~Amy

18. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

((((((((Hugs and more hugs.)))))))) Prayers for Tawny.

I have faith that the vets will help Tawny get healthy. I'm so glad you took her in so quickly.
    All my best to both of you.

19. Mike&Buddy

Mike&Buddy Well-Known Member

Many thoughts and prayers. All that is holy and good be with your Tawny for a recovery.

20. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

I will be saying a prayer for Tawny. Please get well soon little girl.

Terri

21. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Tons of vines and gentle white light for sweet Tawny. It sounds like she has wonderful vets as well as an incredi :YMHUG: cat_pet_icon ble bean.

22. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Desi, I'm sending you and Tawny tons of positive thoughts, prayers and healing vines. Please keep us posted on her throughout the day when you can. Hang in there. :YMHUG:

23. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Lots of healing vines and prayers for Tawny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.