12/24 KT AMPS 168 YOU NEVER KNOW HOW BIG THE CIRCLE GROWS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squeaky and KT (GA), Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning World! Yesterday's Pink Toad!

+10 - 103
    +11 - 126
    AMPS 168

Looks like he took a dip in the green lagoon last night - he was awake eating at pm+8 when DH got up. He didn't wake me to test so don't know what the number was - KT didn't eat all the food so it wasn't too low.

There's something special that's happened here over the last few days that's meant to be shared. This is going to make my condo long but I hope you find it leaves you with as warm a heart as we have here.
    =========

I have had three things happen this week that sure made me stop and think. The first I didn't post - I let my 'ego' get in the way....then the second, hum...then the third. OK, I admit I 'listen to voices' when they pound on my head really hard....it's saying SHARE THIS!!!! So...I'm sharing it now.

You never know what the impact of a 'random act of kindness' makes in someone else's life. I want to share the three things:

* Anne/Liz/Zener not only sent us food that Zener chose to not eat, they also sent KT a bag of EVO dry (oh he's in HEAVEN!) and a case of his Fancy Feast Chicken. We so truly appreciated the food as it not only helped us get Peanut well, it's still feeding this crew!
    * NOW the other impact - because they sent us food, it freed up enough of our budget to allow us to buy a gift for each of our grandchildren. Without them doing that, there would have been NO gift for most of them from 'Grams/Grandpops' this year. They were only Dollar Store stuff but oh how it created a warm spot in our hearts.
    * THE CIRCLE GETS BIGGER. I got a call wednesday night from 3 of my grandchildren. In the area where they live, there were still over 40 'Angels' from the 'Angel Tree' that weren't yet adopted. The kids were going to go choose an Angel and give some of THEIR gifts for the child. They wanted to know if it was OK if they opened their gifts early. Their parents said if everyone agreed, they were allowed to do it. They did choose one of the ones we gave them. All still as a result of the food from Anne/Liz/Zener.

* I've not been in the Christmas spirit this year, told DH I wasn't even going to put out my yard art. A couple of weeks ago, he got out 4 long pieces of PVC, tied them together at the top and stretched net lights between the openings. I did put my mother's Santa kneeling by the manger figures inside it. At night, it looks like a big lighted tree. We're in such a rural area that hardly anyone comes by - seemed like a waste to me this year.
    * Monday morning the phone rings....it's my elderly neighbor 2 house down calling to say Thank You for putting up the lights. Her husband died last year, she said she wasn't 'doing' Christmas this year. She said she can see the lights from her place on the couch and that they had cheered her up enough that she'd decided to celebrate it too. SHE had also gone to one of the local Angel Trees and adopted two children and put her husband's name on them. All as a result of four 1/2" PVC pipes, 3 net lights and an hour of time.

* There is an elderly widow that lives about 1/4 mile from me. I don't know her but we've always waved if she's outside for years. I made homemade jelly this year. I found out after I loaded my truck that my nephew wasn't going to be there for family Christmas thus his jelly would not have a 'home'. I stopped and put the small jar along with a card from 'the lady in the red truck' beside her mailbox.
    * This morning there was a knock on my door - no one ever knocks, they all just walk in. It was the lady, Dorothy, saying thank you for thinking of her and that no one had made homemade jelly for her for many years. She has no car, she'd walked in 40 degree weather until she saw my truck. All as a result of a 'spur of the moment' choice.

You never know what you may think is a small kind gesture starts a big circle that touches many lives.

======================================

Merry Christmas to all - stay warm today!

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Re: 12/24 KT AMPS 168 YOU NEVER KNOW HOW BIG THE CIRCLE G

Oh Lyresa, those are such sweet stories! Your grandkids are definitely angels! :D :D I love to hear how much KT loves his crunchies and how well Peanut is doing. It definitely puts me in the holiday spirit. And KT was a BIG GREEN TOAD! Happy Holidays!
    Liz

3. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Thank you, Lyresa, for sharing your beautiful story. I hope you and those you love have a wonderful Christmas.

4. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

your post brought tears to my eyes!! It seems like Angels are everywhere, so many in your family, including you!! Liz and Anne .. your grandchildren .. Your neighbor .. Thank you for sharing this post!! And Merry Christmas!!

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Lovely stories!!! It is truly amazing how many lives one person and one gesture touches.

Have a wonderful Christmas weekend!

Amy

6. MikeysMom

MikeysMom Well-Known Member

What a wonderful story. If every person did just one thing for someone else for no reason other than that it felt like the right thing to do, what a wonderful world it would be!

7. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

This made my heart soar with happiness!

[​IMG]

8. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Happy tears here! Thank you for sharing. It's so true, you just never know. :YMHUG:

And KT looks great!

9. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Definitely happy tears here too. Thanks for sharing those wonderful stories of wonderful people, yourself included!

10. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this, Lyresa. These stories are full of Christmas spirit. Thank you for putting happy tears in my eyes and a smile on my face.

11. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Lyresa, you made my day with this. :D :D :D Thanks so much for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :YMHUG:

12. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Wow, what a wonderful read! Bringing a tear and a smile at this great story. Now, off to take care of my Civvie Ittle Sista. She was spayed yesterday and so far so good, Merry Christmas to ME!
    Furry paw hugs and hope Santa blesses all!

Attached Files:

13. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

oh waaahhhhhh, your stories made me cry. good tears, but here i am now a goopy mess with family wondering what's wrong with me now! :lol:

you are absolutely right about the ripples from kindnesses, lyresa. i'm hoping we've got one about to start. our youngest daughter has complained about the materialism at Christmas. which i didn't appreciate because it was part of a long rant that she wrote on her blog. but we listened and she's only getting one "real" gift from us. her second gift is a random acts of kindness kit - food to make 50 sack meals for the homeless.

when the kids were younger they all were involved in the church youth group and i was the director of the youth ministries for 13 years. i made sure service was a strong part of the program and serving homeless was something they did regularly. i think since she's gone away to college she's really missed that.

i will be curious what she wants to do with the canned soup and other foods - we may be handing out care packages tomorrow outside of the shelter, or maybe the next day. but i am more excited about giving this gift than i have been any gift for a long time.

anyway, thanks so much for sharing! i'm so glad for that chain of events that resulted from anne & liz's generosity.

14. Lisa & Jax

Lisa & Jax Member

What a beautiful story; thank you for deciding to share that. Have a wonderful Christmas!

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

And who knows how far that ripple will go? Hopefully, when it eventually comes back to you, you will know what a good thing you started.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lyresa that is so beautiful and inspiring. I love the small things in life that make the biggest difference.
    May I add myself to your circle?
    Anne contacted me long ago about having food that her kitty would'nt eat. Wanted to send it to Newbie Kits. I asked her to hold on to it and I'd find somebody who would put it to very good use. How could I have known then that choosing you would ripple out so beautifully.
    God, Love, Life, whatever you call it...works in mysterious ways.
    Lets all be part of the good. :YMHUG:
    Lori

17. Squeaky and KT (GA)

OH YES YES YES!!! I'M SORRY LORI! I totally forgot THAT part of it!!!

To start all this off, out of nowhere I got an email from Lori asking me if I could use the food someone had donated! I was floored right then! I never dreamed how all this would unfold!!! LORI - BIG HUG!!! THANK YOU TOO! I'm such a TOTALLY blessed person!!!

HUGS!

18. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Wow! What a wonderful condo. Amazing how one simple act can cause such heart warming results. Merry Catmus to you Lyresa!!!

19. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

What goes around comes around and so now you know why all these wonderful things happened to you, Lyresa. Because you are so special, so wonderful, so giving.

Merry Christmas.

20. Angelavenger

Angelavenger Member

Thank you for posting this. It really cheered me up today when i was feeling a bit down.

21. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Sometimes in our lives a star shines down through the darkness & lights up our world..
    The day you came to LL, this was your star, & now you have had your star shine brightly for others!
    This is an inspiring story, and you are an amazing person..Prayers for a Very Merry Christmas,
    and a better new year--Hugs & love from us!!

22. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

Pretty much just sums up what Christmas is all about. Thank you for sharing such wonderful stories.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

23. Squeaky and KT (GA)

And the circle CONTINUES to grow!!

Check out the additional ripples in today's condo!!! More Ripples!

Merry Christmas!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.