2/12/10 - Bashful - PMPS 307

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Theresa&Bashful, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

Yesterday's Condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5968

So gave Bash a 1.75F last night and saw a nice drop, then someone said maybe it was just the last dose finally breaking rebound. Then this morning had a nice AMPS of 196 (nice of Bash anyway), then at +1 he was at 386, then tested a min later and he was at 394. What the heck? Is he rebounding again?

Feeling a little frustrated today and like I'm not doing something right. Is this one of those just have to be patient moments?

WCR: eating and drinking well, cuddled up with Mom last night and other than being ticked at being poked so much, he's doing well.

Best,
    Theresa & Bashful

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 2/12/10 - Bashful - AMPS 196 - +1 386/394 Rebound? Dose?

it's difficult to tell if bashful needed a dose increase or not last night without recent nadir checks. dose adjustments are made according to nadir... not ps numbers with lantus or levemir. today's numbers appear to be a bounce from the green last night. you could continue with the added fat, but just keep your eye on the numbers. you want to learn just how low the dose is taking bashful...

3. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

I'll be in and out a little on Saturday, but home all day Sunday and will get as many numbers as I can possible get this weekend.

4. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Oh, Therese...I know the feeling all too well - am I doing this right? How come it's not working? What can I do better?

Been there, as recently as Wednesday...and still am there, sorta. All I can say is keep moving on...let those with tons of experience guide you, and let those with less (like me) cheer you on. The sugardance is frustrating at best...discouraging at worst. But somehow, we manage to keep doing it, you know?

Hugs, Therese...big hugs.

Best-
    Michele

5. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

Thank you Michele, that is very much appreciated!

6. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

Had to work a little late and then got stuck in traffic, so I shot almost a half hour late (darnit).

Bash seems to be doing well tonight. Good appetite. Will be checking numbers throughout the evening.

TGIF! :razz:
    Theresa & Bashful

7. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

I wish I could get a prize for estimating the action cycle last night! and today... well it's the hiphop dance that goes with last night's greens... Yo! :lol:

1/2 hour late with the shot... not so bad, 15 mins catchup tomorrow AM and 15 min catchup tomorrow night and all is bad to normal... whatever normal is!

Enjoy your evening and I hope RBC doesn't last too long!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope Bash comes back down. That may have been a record bounce this morning!

9. Theresa&Bashful

Theresa&Bashful Member

+2.5 is 357 - crappola. I think I'm having a premenstrual moment, cause I'm having serious angst about this. Probably feel better after I take some ibuprofen for my knee and get some dinner in me. However, he's negative for ketones (0.2), so one bright spot. Seems to be feeling fine. He's happy DBF is here...he lurrrrves him (and Bash is so shy that that's a wonderful thing).

Took all three of the civvies to the vetty bean tonight and got all their shots up to date and had exams. They were seriously distressed and Tinker(bell) had a total fit and just about took mine and vettybean assistant's arms off in the process. We had to wrap her up in a towel to get her temp and do shots. She was SERIOUSLY pissed off...hissing and growling the whole time. They are VERY happy to be home...they might forgive Momma Bean and love her again JUST for bringing them back home.

Momma Bean, however, needs a glass of wine or something (and I rarely drink...lol). :YMSIGH:

Hope Bash comes down tonight..distressed about these high numbers. Maybe I'll just go have a good cry and some chocolate... :cry:

Happy Friday night - Theresa & Bashful (and ticked off civies TinkerBell, Baby and Nymph)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.