2/7 Sid Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA), Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

Sid is holding steady again today. It must the pred that has increased his appetite! I don't want to jinx myself so I won't say anymore but let's hope it continues as I still have not been able to track down the Max Cal that Karrie suggested. Today he ate over 1.5 cans (5.5oz).

All of your healing vines and kind thoughts are keeping Sid going. You are all so wonderful! I found a post today by Jamie who was a long time friend of FDMB along with her cat Boots. Sadly, she died this year, but awhile ago she wrote a personal account of what it feels like to have DKA. I recognized her descriptions in how Sid was acting. The way he stumbled around and was so tired he could barely move. The thirst that caused him to just hang his head over the water dish. If you have a chance - here is Jamie's post http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2011/05/jamie.html

Thank you Carl for the explanation of shooting IM. It sounds like your vet and my vet have the same reasoning. I need to do something because Sid's response to insulin is so variable that sometimes I shoot him and he shows no response at all to the insulin and other times he over responds. My vet seems to think he would have more consistency if I shot IM. I'm a little nervous to do it. Nice of your vet to shave a bulls eye for you. I might have to ask my vet to do that. Sid is black haired so it would make the injection site easier to see. I may have to attempt this tonight...

Serryn, thanks for asking Carl this question! I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Last condo http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63045

2. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lydia- I am glad that Sid is holding his own today. That is good news. I hope things continue to grow well for him.

Thanks to for the link to Jaime's post. I feel for anyone, human or furkid, that has to go through this.

3. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Wow, Lydia...that post gives us pause, doesn't it? Thank you for the link..

AND BREAKDANCING FOR THIS SID UPDATE!!!!!! :D :D

SID...BINKS CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT THE PARTY!
    And if you're wondering what the kitties are driving tonight, dude...there's a pic in mannie's condo :lol:

DANCE CAT SAYS "GO, SID!!"
    [​IMG]

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lydia & Sid,
    Encouraging news today. Sid, keep on truckin'! I haven't read Jamie's post yet because it is late. But that's first thing tomorrow. Lydia, you are an amazing bean. I hope that whatever you decide to do about the IM shots, Sid will continue to eat well and to get better and better. Thinking of you tonight and sending lots of vines for strength and healing,

Hugs,

Ella & Rusty

Hey Sid, lots of good fuds at the Full Snow Moon Party and I hope you like the nice spot by the fire reserved for you. Glad you're here, buddy!
    Your pal,
    Rusty

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

continuing to cheer you both on . . . :YMHUG:

6. You are very welcome, Lydia.
    Praying for Sid and for you that Sid continues to improve.

Carl

7. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

It is good to see an update on Sid, and great that he is eating. Sending vines and hoping he continues to improve. :YMHUG:

8. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Rusty. i had so much fun at the fire with you guys that I am all wiped out today. I'm snoozing on my kitty condo. :smile:

9. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

Sounds like Sid is such a fighter! I'm glad to read this optimistic report. You have my continued prayers.

10. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Sid is an amazing fighter! We're with you Sid! Prayers continue.

11. Monica and Atticus (GA)

Monica and Atticus (GA) Member

Good to hear! I'm keeping a good thought for Sid.

12. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

We are still AWOL but checking on you daily...so glad to hear Sid is such a fighter!

Healing vines, prayers and snowflakes continuing to come your way.

Desi, Tawny, Tinkerbell & Everybody Else

13. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Dance cat says go Sid! I agree with Dance Cat :mrgreen: Keep it up Sid!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.