2/17 Logan AMPS 354, +7 269, PMPS 325

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6481

Logan ate well this morning. He had almost a whole can of FF. He also had a can of FF around 4 am. He definitely seems to feel better. I think he's just so happy to not have anything hanging out of him! We are, too. It's nice to see him w/o tubes and w/o his shirt...even if he looks pretty naked w/o his fur! Between ultra sounds and two surgeries, he's missing more than half of his fur! It'll grow back, though.

Jill, she didn't want me to go right back up to the 5.25 right away. She wanted to see how he did on the 3 units for a couple of days after cutting back on the pred and getting rid of most of his infection. I was going to see how he did today and this evening. I haven't gotten a ketone test since we got him home. If he has trace ketones, I'll go up right away. His pred dose was too high over the weekend.

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 2/17 Logan AMPS 354

It is wonderful to hear that Logan ate well this morning and seems to feel overall "better". I wish you and Logan a wonderful peaceful day :YMHUG:

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Logan sounds happy to be free of clothes... :lol: It is great hearing that he ate so well too. This is a great report and we are so happy that he is doing so well. Can we nag him about his numbers yet or shoud we let him relax for a couple of days?
    Hi Logan....sending hugs from Florida!! :YMHUG:

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Kelly
    Glad to hear Logan is hungry and eating well for you.
    I hope he continues this way and then you can start working on getting his
    numbers back down.
    Have a great day.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Logan's BOS I presume?

Man, you are one tough fighting kitty Logan!
    It's great news to hear you are eating well and strutting your stuff.
    I hope you are back to fighting down those BG numbers soon too.

I just wanted to let you know that you have a HUGE cheering section.
    We are so proud of you Logan.

Have a great naked day today Logan.

6. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

Oh Kelly. I am sooooooo thrilled to read this update on Logan. You strut your stuff there big guy, you certainly deserve it. No more tube and eating so good on his own. Such absolutely fantastic news.

7. Kelly & Logan

Just talked to DH2B - he was home this morning before heading to the airport (haha, he has to go to Michigan!!!) and he said Logan ate another can of FF before he left. So, he's had 3 cans of FF in 6 hours. Guess he's making up for the fasting! :mrgreen:

I am going to do my best to get home around lunch time or shortly after, but I'm swamped at work. Stupid job!!! I'd like to know if he came down any on this cycle. He got his pred this morning - 5mg. He won't get any tonight.

8. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

It is so good to hear how well he is doing, what a little trouper he is.
    His fur will grow back in no time, he is just in time to get his new summer coat coming in!

[​IMG]

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That muscle shirt may not be a bad idea to keep you shaved guy warm!! It's so good to hear his appetite is back in full force. I hope the extra pred is out of his system soon and his BG comes down to a better range. Hugs to you both.

10. Kelly & Logan

Re: 2/17 Logan AMPS 354, +7 269

So glad I made it home to catch that little ray of sunshine! Little piggy ate about 7/8 of a can of FF. So glad he seems to be feeling better!

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Fantastic news, it just keeps coming.
    I bet you must be thrilled that Logan is eating so well now.
    Here's hoping piggy has a pleasant evening of more nice numbers and bowls of foods.

12. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Happy munching LOGAN!! Getting better quickly :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    we need to get you a kitty sweater while your furries grows back!
    Very Happy for update today.

13. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Wow, what a good report today! Logan's appetite sounds like it's getting back to rivaling Quincy's. And poor little bare Logan - hope his fur grows back soon! I must warn you that after Quincy's biopsy, his hair grew back slowly and not completely. I was advised that was due to the steroids he was on. But that was belly hair fur - the other areas grew back just fine.

Hope the rest of the week shows overall improvement and more typical Logan behaviors!

14. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Wow, great to see you have such a hungrey fella. Gonna have to go shopping soon.

15. Kelly & Logan

Logan was ready for his dinner. He ate 3/4 can of FF. He's been chillin' on the ottoman in front of the fire since then. He's had all of his meds and his incision has been cleaned...we're ready for bed! I'm sure he'll want a bedtime snack, though. :mrgreen:

16. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Now, that's what I call a lovely way to end the day.
    It sounds like Logan is doing just fine now, and will improve with each passing day.
    :D
    Scratches for Logan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.