Morgaine has passed over

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by skybar22, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skybar22

skybar22 Well-Known Member

With a very heavy heart and a clear mind I am sharing the news today that my sweet Morgaine has passed on. I made the decision 2 nights ago as I realized that she was no longer present in her body. The true spirit/soul of Morgaine was no longer there. It was confirmed today when Marje and i took her in to see the pain management vet, a beautifully spiritual woman who took her time examining my sweet girl and found clear indications that Morgaine's body was no longer able to function. Her visual impairment was severe, almost non reactive and her inability to grow hair back or even shed hair anymore was a sign that she was not able to carry out healthy functions. The vacant stare and her incontinance as well as her sitting in urine all were indicators of a cat no longer able to maintain a quality of life. I know in my heart that i did the right thing by letting her find peace.

Morgaine was my joy, literally. I used to say that all of the time. She was my peace too so to see no more happy cat and no peace in her physical being made these last few weeks so hard for me to accept. But now I do accept that she has been set free from that which she never wanted done to her. She was always a free spirit and now she can fly.

I am so saddened by it all yet I am also relieved. I think some of you will understand that.

To Marje, you are such a beautiful person with a huge heart and a kind soul. Thank you for all the kindness you have showed us these many months. We will stay in touch. I will follow your condos and send lots of love to your sweet girl.

To all of you here in LL , thank you for being here for us and helping us move through this process. Diabetes is a close companion of mine, unfortunately, and having to care for a cat with this disease was made so much easier by all of you. The experts and the friends I made who just stopped in to say hi and wish us well and cheer us on, I thank you all! The fund raiser was beyone anything I ever expected and I thank you all for contributing to that so that I could rest easier about Morgaine's care in the final days of her life. My journey with Gainie Girl was so full of love and trust for the most part. That will always outweigh the pain of losing her.

I know I need to grieve now and i will so if i am not around for a while please understand but i will be back to say hello and check in on you and your fur kids. This a very special community and you all have a lot to be proud of as you assist one another and offer the greatest gifts of all, love and support.

THANKS!!!!
    Rosalie

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

:sad: I'm sorry .. I do however understand about letting her physical body go .. I am glad you are at peace with this .. and I hope the thought of her waiting for you, happy and healthy at the rainbow bridge will carry you through your time of grieving .. Fly Free Sweet One ...

3. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Fly free sweet Morgaine. Fly free of the pain and the fog that held you bound. Land softly in your mama's heart. She took on your pain to set you free. (((Rosalie)))

4. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this Rosalie. Know that you are a great bean and Morgaine is now at peace. Fly free little one.

5. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

wings_cat
    Fly free sweet Morgaine

(((((((Rosalie)))))))))))

::tears over here::

6. Laurie and Mr Tinkles

Laurie and Mr Tinkles Well-Known Member

{{{{{Rosalie}}}}}
    I'm so sorry that Morgaine's QOL had become so poor, you are truly a loving and caring bean in setting her free...it's never easy. I'm far from the most eloquent, but please know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts. Please take care of yourself and come back and visit us when you are ready.

Fly free, sweet Morgaine. wings_cat

7. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

sending you much love, rosalie. you were the best mom morgaine could've ever had and i admire how you took care of her even when it was so very difficult!

i'm so sorry she had to leave, but know she'll be waiting for you. :YMHUG:

8. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

(((((Rosalie))))) I am so very sorry to read your post. Morgaine was such a lucky kitty to have you as her bean and she had a great life. I know how hard it is to let her go but it was time. Know that we will be thinking of you as you grieve.
    Liz, Anne, Zener and Tillie

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Fly free Sweet Morgaine wings_cat
    (((Rosalie))) thank you for sharing...that was a beautiful post for your beautiful girl...
    Hugs to you as you go through this very sad time....I am so sorry for your loss....

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

((Rosalie))
    I shed tears for you and your sweet Morgaine.
    I am sorry we could not do more to help ease her pain.
    She is truly loved and will forever be missed.

Fly free sweet Morgaine. You are free to fly pain free.
    Soft landings dear girl.

11. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

Rosalie, I'm so, so sorry!
    I haven't commented on your posts but have been keeping an eye on you. I know how hard you fought for Morgaine.
    :YMHUG:

12. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Oh gosh Rosalie, I'm so sorry. Morgaine was such a beautiful creature and a beautiful part of your life. Her spirit will run free now and I'm sure she is watching over you with love.
    Take care of yourself and know you always have friends here that will listen and understand.
    (((((Hugs to you.))))))))

This candle cat is BigMac's silhouette sending you his warm loving thoughts too.

[​IMG]

13. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Rosalie))) I'm so sorry. Rest in peace sweet Morgaine. Now she is pain free. I'm so glad you had Marje with you and also this wonderful Pain Management Vet help confirm that Morgaine's quality of life was no more and she was ready to cross. You are a wonderful Bean and tried everything. Hugs to you.

14. bev5477

bev5477 Well-Known Member

Rosalie, My heart breaks for you in your loss of Morgaine. Just know that you have a special guardian angel to watch over you. Crying tears of sadness for you.

15. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Rasalie,
    BIG HUGE LOOOOONG HUG. I'm so sorry Morgaine went ahead to the bridge and I'm so sorry it hurts so much. You two had something very special that many will never know. She'd fulfilled her purpose here on earth. I thank you for setting her spirit free even tho' it hurts so badly.

Fly free sweet beautiful girl and remind Mama often that you're still right there beside her - she just has to hug you differently.

16. carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock

carolyn & jesse (GA) & spock Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this. You were the best bean to Morgaine - there are many who would not have done half of what you did to help her! ((Hugs))

17. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Rosalie)))), I'm so sorry to hear about Morgaine. You were such a good bean to her and I know she gave you so many gifts...the gift of love, companionship, and trust. Fly free, sweet Morgaine!!

18. ewest

ewest Member

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and hope you will find comfort in the days to come.

19. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Rosalie, I'm so very sorry and saddened you had to say goodby to your beautiful Morgaine. Only a caretaker as committed as you would recognize her suffering could not be helped and would choose to release her from it quickly. It was a kind and loving decision.

20. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Rosalie,

I'm so sorry you lost your sweet Morgaine. I feel your pain and my heart goes out to you. It must have been very hard these last few weeks. She will always be your soul kitty in your heart.

Fly Free Sweet Morgaine. wings_cat

21. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Rosalie))) my dear friend: My heart breaks for you but you always made the best decisions for Morgaine...always in her interest and with a heart full of love for her and today was no different. I had the privilege and honor of knowing your beautiful girl when she was still your wonderful Gainie. I am thankful for that time. I am thankful for whatever brought you to LL so we could become friends and I could know Morgaine. I know in my heart that she was ready...that her sweet spirit had already flown. May she have a gentle journey to join your beloved sister. May she know only peace, love, and light once again. I'm here for you....we all are.

[​IMG]

22. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

((((Rosalie)))) I am so very sorry. You will miss her physical presence dreadfully but I know she will stay in your heart forever.

Fly free Morgaine and be at peace now.

23. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

(((Rosalie)))

I am so sorry that you have had to make the heart-breaking decision to release Morgaine from her suffering. I know that it was the hardest, but also the kindest, thing you could have done for her. I admire all that you did for her as her illness progressed. I hope that you are secure in the knowledge that you did everything possible for her, right up to the moment when you knew that she was ready to give up her struggle. I believe that the bond of love we share with our kitties does not end when they have passed to the Bridge. I hope that she will be able to send you a message that she has crossed safely, and is looking out for you.

With my deepest sympathies,
    Linda

24. Monica and Atticus (GA)

Monica and Atticus (GA) Member

Rosalie, I am so very sorry. wings_cat

I'm shedding tears, too. I haven't been in LL long, but her name caught my attention a few weeks ago, and I've been rooting for both you and Morgaine. I know how hard it is to have to finally accept that it's time. You are a good bean to her to have been able to guide her through this. I am lighting a candle on my altar for her to have a peaceful journey to her next adventure. I am sending energy to you as well. I hope your beautiful memories of her can ease your own pain a little bit now.
    Be well, Rosalie.
    Fly free, Morgaine!

25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Rosalie))))
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know how difficult the last weeks have been for you. You have done everything humanly possible that you could have for Morgaine. And, ultimately, you make the hardest but kindest decision anyone could possibly make. To know that your companion had already left is a small gift that Morgaine gave you.

We are lighting candles to acknowledge her crossing to a place where she is the cat you will always see in your mind's eye and the companion you cherish and shared with us.
    [​IMG]

Fly free and land softly sweet Morgaine. Those we most dearly love are at the Bridge to welcome you and share the secrets only other kitties know.

26. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I am just really choked up and my heart aches for you.

Fly Free Beautiful Morgaine.
    wings_cat
    We Love You.

I will be lighting a candle for Morgaine tonight.
    [​IMG]
    She will be waiting for you to join her, one day.

(((((Rosalie)))))) tears.

27. Noreen&DC&Frisky

Noreen&DC&Frisky Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.
    Fly free sweet Morgaine.
    You gave Morgaine a great life and you made the right decision when you knew the time was right.
    My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

28. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

I am so sorry...

Fly Free Morgaine---Sweet Gainie Girl---Land softly at the Rainbow Bridge.

((((((((((((Rosalie))))))))))))

29. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

(((Rosalie))), your soulmate is in another dimension now, but she will always be safe in your heart. I know how wrenching it is to make the decision, but Morgaine had already left in spirit. You gave her the most loving gift of all, her freedom. Our kitties at the Bridge are welcoming her tonight--the night of the full moon--and her kitty friends here in Lantus Land will celebrate her spirit as they remember all their friends who have Gone Ahead.

Rosalie, you always have your Lantus Land family. We grieve with you and we hope that you will visit us from time to time.

In deepest sympathy,

Ella and Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

30. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

Rosalie,
    I'm so sorry for your loss of Morgaine.....I'm shocked to see the news....
    as you know i'm not on the board often but check from time to time and i had to take a second look at the post....tears being shed here....
    know that you did all the best for Morgaine and she was well aware of that....

my condolences......

sending hugs and prayers your way

Fly Free Morgaine wings_cat you are meeting lots of friends at the bridge

31. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh, Rosalie...my heart is breaking for you.

You have been such a wonderful mom to your sweet little girl.

Morgaine...soar free and land softly, dear one.
    You will be so deeply missed.

celi, binks, smudge, and annie

I don't have the words for you and your darling angel...
    but this song does.

[youtube]7CbAjj80NIM[/youtube]

32. Daphne#5 GA

Daphne#5 GA Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear of your loss of Morgaine. Land softly sweet Morgaine. wings_cat

33. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Rosalie - I am so sorry for your loss. What a loving tribute you have written for Morgaine. I truly believe that you have given your girl the most loving gift possible. She is free now, whole and healthy. She will be not far from you, and will watch over you. I hope the memories you have of your girl will comfort you always. She will always forever reside in your heart. Fly free little one! wings_cat

Attached Files:

34. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((((Rosalie)))))) I know how hard this must have been for you. It sounds like Morgaine made her wishes clear, and you were brave enough to follow through on them. That is the best thing you could have done for her.

Fly free, sweet Morgaine. wings_cat

35. skybar22

I am so moved by all the love, support and kind words you are sharing with me in this thread. I am doing okay though I find myself looking for Morgaine, expecting to see her in her usual places and then remembering....she is not here in the physical world. I do feel her spirit around and had to lol at the stinky smell of the urine in my rugs. It is lingering here and I really do not mind right now. She left me some strong smells to work on releasing and tomorrow will be a good day to start that process.

I thought that i would want to take all my photos of Morgaine down for a while but i have done just the opposite. She was a beautiful kitty and very photogenic. She was the subject of hundreds and hundreds of photos and when i got my first digital camera I took so many pictures of my sweet girl in all kinds of poses. I am not feeling sad when i look at these. I am feeling relief and incredible love for this amazing creature who honored my life for over 13 years.

Earlier my friend Daniel came by to be with me and I sent him home with his van full of cat items. He recently got a young male kitty who needs some redirection from the furniture. So Jude got Morgaine's kitty condos and lots of toys along with a few cases of low carb cat food and lots of other items too numerous to mention. So i am taking the steps to get my space cleaned up and to honor my sweet girl by displaying the beautiful photos of her that I have rediscovered. Her life was full of love and in these photos she was beautifully self groomed and looks so alive and happy. This is how I want to see her in my mind's eye. She was a real character, determined to do things her own way and most of the time I went along with her lead. I may put together a photo journal of her and if i do i will share it with you all.

I just wanted to check in and let you all know that I am doing okay and really appreciate all of you and all of these wonderful thoughts you are sharing with me.

Hugs back to you all!

36. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I am crying so hard right now, as I know you & Morgaine put up a hard fight, done with love & compassion...
    We all may face this time sooner or later, and the pain of loss is the worst pain of all--
    Morgaine is with you, she will show herself & you will see & hear her..She will never be far from you & you will see each other again..MY civvie passed in May 2011, & we hear him jumping off the kitchen counter, leaving us so many signs that he is with us--Grief is the price we pay for love..
    But..Love Never Dies..She is with you..Look & Listen for her.
    I am so so so sorry for your Loss..Hugs & Love & deepest sympathy from us!!

37. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

:cry: lighting Butthead's candle for Morgaine:

I hope you will share some photos of Morgaine when you feel ready. I saw a few pictures in her profile, and I had no idea she was a majestic Calico Queen. What feisty girls they are.

*hugs*
    MJ, & Donovan's and Butthead's spirits, meeting sweet Morgaine at the Bridge...

Attached Files:

38. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Oh, Rosalie. I am so, so sorry for your loss of your dear sweet Morgaine. :YMHUG: I can't imagine how hard this was for you, I am so glad Marje was able to be with you.

Morgaine is free and no longer in any discomfort... you have taken the pain onto yourself now. I wish I could give you a real hug. Lantus Land is grieving with you tonight.

wings_cat

39. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

They are never with us long enough - and when one of us says goodbye, we all share the sadness. But you fulfilled your commitment to set her free and now she is free of the body that was holding her prisoner - free to be young and healthy again - I'm sure there was a party tonight at the Bridge as she was welcomed with those who have left us earlier.

My thoughts go out to you in your grief - it is truly our pain to let them go - and I send many comforting prayers and hopes that as you remember all the good times, memories and love you've shared, you will smile.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

40. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

i would love to see more photos when you have a chance, rosalie. i think a photo tribute would be lovely!

41. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

((((((((((((Rosalie)))))))))))) I am so sorry to hear about Morgaine. You were so brave to give her this final act of love. Now she is her beautiful self once again, free of pain and happy. Fly Free and land softly, Morgaine. Watch over your bean from the Bridge.

42. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Rosalie)))))))) I am so sorry for your loss of Morgaine

Fly Free Sweet Morgaine rb_icon wings_cat wings_cat

43. Iorwen & Tray

Iorwen & Tray Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear of Morgaine's passing. I do understand wanting to keep them with us but knowing they need to be set free. Morgaine is pain free and her spirit is soaring.
    Fly free Morgaine!

44. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Big hugs for you, Rosalie... it is such a brave thing to put a kitty's needs above our own. Sweet Morgaine's spirit will continue to envelope you with her love as you grieve. I know that she and my Miss Jezebelle will be fast friends for sure... sassy girls free of pain and suffering, watching over us.

Much love from our crew....

45. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Please accept my condolences for your loss. {{{{{HUGS ROSALIE}}}}}

46. terri1962

terri1962 Well-Known Member

Rosalie,

I do not post on the Lantus board but have been watching your posts regarding Morgaine. I know from reading them you did everything possible for her to make her comfortable and for her to have a good quality of life. I am so sorry to hear about her passing. Fly Free sweet Morgaine.

Terri

47. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

Rosalie, I'm so very sorry.

48. Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA)

Lydia & Sid & Jake(GA) Well-Known Member

Rosalie, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news. I'm very happy you had Marje there with you to help you through this heartbreaking time.

49. skybar22

Thank you all. The outpouring from this board is helping me to move forward. I am so sad and an emptiness of energy exists in my home. Morgaine had a huge presence and even my friends can feel the empty space. Please know how much I appreciate all of you for stopping by and sending your kindness and concern. This special place is full of people who adore their cats and dogs. Some never understand the bonds we share with our special companions so having you all understand my pain is so helpful.

50. Tracy & Leo

Tracy & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh Rosalie, i am so sorry to hear about sweet Morgaine. Fly free sweet baby and i hope you land softly. wings_cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.