2/19 Buddy AMPS+12.5 297 (1.25u), PMPS +11.5 201 (1.25u)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by sommerbethel, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

yesterday viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6674

Buddy seems much better today...hungry hippo as usual

sorry about the +12.5 I have strep throat and a sinus infection and I guess I just turned off the alarm with it rang :( grrrr...my bad

2. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

Re: 2/19 Buddy AMPS+12.5 297

sommerbethel wrote:
    Question for you...could the fact that I added Salmon Oil to his diet a few days ago have anything to do with the blood work results? shot in the dark here...I know it is suppose to have some affect on the pancreas and liver...

Jess wrote: I think that's unlikely. I assume the salmon oil is in capsules, or if it's liquid, it's fresh?

Jess...It is in liquid form...and I guess I should ask...at what point is it no longer fresh???

3. Carolyn and Spot

Carolyn and Spot Well-Known Member

Sommer, Jess doesn't frequent the LL board, someone called her over here probably. You might want to send her a PM :)

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I agree with Carolyn, please send Jess a PM

hope u feel better soon, and ((hugs)) for Buddy

5. Jess & Earl

Jess & Earl Member

Hi Sommer

It should have an expiration date. I don't know firsthand, but I assume when fish oil spoils it becomes rancid [​IMG] !!!

Regarding your PM questions, yes the liver values can jump in response to toxin/poison/yucky stuff exposure. The liver is the final stop for the blood before it goes to the heart, so whatever hasn't been filtered out along the way is "caught" by the liver, and liver cells will throw themselves under the bus, in a manner of speaking, to prevent toxins from leaving and going to the heart. The spike in values should be temporary, so you shouldn't see a peristently elevated ALT.

That goes to your second question, yes, ALT is the liver-only value and elevations are an indication of liver cell death. I think your kitty's last ALT was 200-something; in cases of liver failure, the value can be in the thousands :!: so Buddy's ALT is meaningful but not shocking.

I think I answered your questions?

6. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

Yes, you did Jess...thanks:)

I also spoke to my vet today regarding the idea of possible spoiled oil and we agreed that because he is back to his normal self we would do another blood test in like two weeks to see what that brings:)

Thanks for all the support!

7. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

Buddy is still looking good...

8. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

glad he's looking good. hope you're feeling better...

9. sommerbethel

sommerbethel Member

2/19 Buddy PMPS +4 158

see ss for spot checks..

ni ni ll...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.