4/15 punkin amps 170

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by julie & punkin (ga), Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

yesterday

punkin's his usual happy self this morning! we're running out the door for a family thing, but i wanted to quickly respond to a couple of the questions from yesterday's condo.

punkin is getting acupunture, carolyn. he goes every other week and it seems like it helps. this probably sounds silly, but the reason i'm still thinking he might be in pain is because of his reluctance to be held. that's why i'm searching for something in addition to the acupuncture, that will help.

which, btw, he went last friday and the poor little guy was quivering from the moment we went in the clinic. i told the vet to please not put any needles in his feet, because those are the ones that seem to bother him. i think it helps, but it's pretty hard on my heart to insist on it when i feel him trembling as we approach the doors. when we first started, he didn't object to the acupuncture - this only started after the one time the vet tried to attach electrodes to the needles. he's also been using more needles, including the ones in his feet. so friday he backed away and just used some along his spine and a couple in each thigh. punkin took it fine.

re the tramadol - the vet was having it compounded inside of gel caps - and those can go inside pill pockets. we'll give it a shot and see how he does on it. i'll pick them up on monday and probably start them tuesday or wednesday.

re the hair - i kinda think it's his overall BG levels. as he's spent more time in green numbers, his hair has improved dramatically. it was greasy before and while it's not quite back to normal, it might be normal for an older cat. it isn't so much greasy but it does kinda separate a bit.

had a wonderful day outside yesterday being computer-free, so i confess i haven't checked any responses to anything i might've asked anyone yesterday. when we get home tonight i'll go back and check. i also don't have time now to look at anything . . .

hope you all have a wonderful day.

2. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Very nice work this morning, punkin! I am hoping you kept Anya in the CPC too. :lol: Have a great day, Julie!
    Liz

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Alright, what does CPC mean? I wondered yesterday. I tried to google it today.
    I guess the P stands for Punkin, and one of the Cs stand for cute, and the other C stands for country, city, courageous, courteous, calm, csensational :smile:

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

That was a very nice AMPS punkin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.