04/28 KATIE Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barbara and tuffy, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Katie is now making great progress. The wound is forming granular tissue, it is still very large but healing at last. Her central line for IV antibiotics has been removed. She is down to 1 wound pump and surgery every 5 days for that to be changed and the wound dressed. She has some problem with her right hip and leg due to the tissue and muscle that was removed, hopefully physical therapy will improve that. She has been in the hospital for 2 months and in ICU for 7 weeks of that stay. She was outside in a wheelchair the other day. Fresh air and sunshine how wonderful. They again mentioned the possibility of her going home next week. I think they will consider that if they can removed the wound pump. The pump sometimes malfunctions if she moves and being 3 hours from the hospital would not be good. I understand it is very painful if it malfunctions. All crossed this is the final stage in her hospital recovery.

She is grateful for all the prayers and support and says THANK YOU to each and every one of you. The miracle of LL prayers, vines and positive thoughts is alive and well.

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Barbara, this is wonderful news! Please tell Katie and her mom that we are continuing to send beautiful healing vines and that we are very proud of our future vet!

Thanks for posting this great update on a very brave young woman.

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

Ella & Rusty

3. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Barbara, I've been wondering about Katie lately. I hope she gets to come home soon. Please let her and her mom know the prayers are still going up for her.

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What incredible news!

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

WOW!!!​

:D :D :D I am so glad to read your update. Thank you for posting. I think of Katie often and send her healing vines.
    Liz

6. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

what wonderful news! please let katie know she's still in our thoughts and prayers. what a trooper!

and thanks so much to you, Barbara, for continuing to bring us updates. i've been wondering about her too.

7. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

This is so wonderful to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!

We feel like Katie is part of the family, Barb- thank you for the great update...
    and please let her know we are still thinking of her!

[​IMG]

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

BEST NEWS EVER!! This has made my night!

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

This news really makes me smile!
    I'll keep on sending those hugs to Katie and her family. (((((super HUGS!!))))

Thanks for keeping us informed, Barbara! I think about Katie often.

10. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry it took so long to update but there were a few complications and I was waiting for a really positive report. The wound pumps would keep malfunctioning as Katie tried to sit and if she moved so now she is down to 1 and is being very cautious. She can sit partially on her left side. As the wound closes, she will be more comfortable. She does not complain, bless her. She is, needless to say, anxious to get home to her pets and horses. We are all looking forward to her being home and able to visit when she is up for company. It has been a difficult journey but the outcome is so good compared to the first assessments. Thank you all for your prayers, concern and well wishes. She is doing great.

11. Randa & Mookie

Randa & Mookie Well-Known Member

Wonderful!!! :D We will continue to send healing thoughts her way. Thank you so much for the update, Barbara.

12. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Yay for a good Katie update, this is wonderful news. I can't wait until we get the news that she is home again!

13. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Katie is an inspiration to all of us. What a truly wonderful heart refilling update. Keep it up Katie!!!!!! Your horses and animals have missed you and can't wait for you to be home.

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

what a super report to read sending lots more recovery vines their way :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

15. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

What a great report to read! So glad katie is coming along . she is one brave girl to go through all of this, but it will only make her stronger in the end .. She has to know that! Continued thoughts and prayers for katie and her family ..

16. MikeysMom

MikeysMom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great update! I hope you will tell Miss Katie that she is a remarkable young woman and that her story is inspiring to so many people. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing in her recovery from here on out!

17. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

What a wonderful update on Katie! She sounds like an amazing young lady who has a very bright future.

18. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Just saw the update, thanks for the great report. LL continues to send healinf vines and white light to speed up her return home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.