02/24 Bayley pmps 166, +1 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Me and Bayley, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

2. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Re: 02/24 Bayley pmps 166 (dropping) dose advice please

her number is dropping at pmps - should I stall? give bcs of 5u? the last 2 nights she has gone low and needed hc and me staying up to watch her - don't want a repeat :)

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

As you know, I'm not a dosing expert. What does your gut say?
    I thought acro cats were supposed to try for blues, not greens. I may be wrong. Sometimes, I have to go with my own instinct. Sorry, I'm not much help, here.

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

today looks a lot like yesterday so far. You reduced the dose from yesterday so I'm thinking full dose should be ok, though there still could be shed action going on. It's perfectly ok for you to BCS if you want, since Bayley is nice and blue.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It looks like you shot 3.0u? I'm no expert on acro-kitties but it looks like Bayley's pancreas is going into an active phase. I'm hoping one of the acro moms comes by.

6. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Ya - I was just uncomfortable since she was still dropping and figured that I would be in for another night up very late like the last two so I went with the BCS. I am still feeling out all this acro stuff and trying to gather her data and see how she reacts - even though we have been getting needles for a year - I look at it a bit differently now that she is acro so ... I guess I will see how she does with this reaction - then I can learn for next time :)

7. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Re: 02/24 Bayley pmps 166

As always - thank you, thank you, thank you for your help. I am much better at making decisions if I can weigh out the options and talk/think about it - true libra :) haha

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I love your attitude toward having to learn an entire new dosing strategy.

Have you been posting at all on the High Dose board? I'm wondering if in a tight time situation like tonight, if cross-posting would make sense. Alternatively, do you have any SS of other acro kitties you could bookmark? My understanding (big caveat that I'm not overly familiar with this area) is that if this is an active phase, you will need to keep Bayley's dose lowered until you see BG moving up again and then you can increase at a fairly rapid rate.

9. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

i didn't post in high dose tonight - I was under the impression that in a pinch this was the better place because there are more likely people on line here but I will for sure cross post in the future.

+1 139 still dropping so I'll have to watch this one again tonight :roll:

10. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Please surf nicely Bayley, so your mommy can get her rest, so she feels good enough to go to work so she can make the money to buy your cat food and treats and toys and catnip and comfy beds and have heat in the house :D .

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

gooo Bayley! (but don't go too far!)

12. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Wow, she really recovered quickly from RBC, didn't she?

I think BCS was the way to go.

13. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

cool, see that last number on SS, the 3 units we talked about on FB looks like it worked out nice. yeah could have shot more but after last 2 nights of having to stay up and HC you needed a break tonight to ketchup on sleepus, so this worked perfect.
    plus maybe AMPS will not be reboundy high and that cycle is broken and can work on getting some nice flatness back.

ni-ni leslie! off to bed quick like a bunny for you!
    -----:) zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.