8/26 Charlie AM 349+2 349+9 369PMPS 329 +2 292 +4 272 +7 322

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by charliesmom, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

yesterday

Charlie still seems to be bouncing. She also woke me up 10 times last night. At one point, she jumped off the headboard of our bed and had one paw landing right on my head!

I think it was her way of "accidentally on purpose" trying to wake me up just in CASE there is food around under my pillow or something.
    Thank you Charlie.

Charlie has been restless yesterday and today. I think it's because there have been storms and she HATES storms. I wonder if the stress of a storm could drive her BGs up? Doubt that's the reason for the bounce as Charlie's numbers are almost always bouncing, but just curious.

Last night when we went out for a few hours, we went to a friend's house for her birthday. While there, I saw her cat, which must have seriously been 3 times the size of Charlie! It was unbelievable. I've seen big cats before, but this one was HUGE.

With everything I've learned over the past months, I almost started in on her with a "are you feeding your cat dry food?" and a "how much are you feeding him?" Then my better judgment kicked in, I realized it was her birthday, and told her I'd email her with some ideas. Nobody wants to be lectured on their birthday. Still, I strongly recommended she switch to wet food immediately. Advocacy has got to help at least a little bit, right?

Have a good day friends. Sitting on my balcony with a cup of green tea watching the rain. Wish it could be a cappucino but I'm still too worried about my aching stomach to venture into the coffee waters. Maybe in a few weeks if things feel better. :coffee:

Attached Files:

2. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349

Green tea, good girl :mrgreen:

When we have thunderstorms down here, which is *very* rare, Karre's BG has spiked as well, so I for one do think it's possible for the BGs to go up during a period of several stressful hours/days.

I'm so pleased to read you're sending your friend feline nutrition tips - good on you!! That kitty has a great chance of being safer and healthier now, thanks to you!

Sending you sunny Sunday tummy-soothing vines :D
    Hugs,
    Jane

3. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349

Since switching Shasta to low carb wet, I have been a big advocate of the switch to everyone I come in contact with that owns a cat! I've mentioned it to almost all my classes, my sister, my friends...anyone that will listen! :D Good for you! I hope your friend takes the advise and does what's right to make better choices for her cat!!!

Sorry to hear that Charlie kept you up last night. Shasta did the same thing last night, but only twice. I love their "accidentally on purpose" episodes! So cunning and clever! :lol: Hope she starts sliding down to the pretty colors today and I hope your tummy starts feeling better!

~Deborah & Shasta

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349 +9 369 PMPS 329

Hope you see some better numbers for Charlie soon. Hope the green tea helps settle your stomach.

5. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349 +9 369 PMPS 329 +2 292

On her way down now. Let's go for it, Charlie!

Thanks for your support guys. Stomach hurting again so I will take it easy and get off the computer for awhile.

Dosing advice? Please give it if you have thoughts on when and if we should consider an increase to 1.50 units.

Thanks,
    Jill

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349 +9 369 PMPS 329 +2 292

I think (IMHO) you fit the criteria but just to be sure I went and pm'd Sienne to come tell you for sure whether it's appropriate or not.
    I don't advise on dosing.

I have a very difficult time when I go into PetsMart with not shouting out how they are all poisoning
    their kitties with the dry.
    I have a nice clean record and I don't want to tarnish it by getting arrested for being a "looney" :dizcat
    and it wouldn't help the cause.
    but still.... there is the fantasy in my head of throwing all the dry food on the floor. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

7. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349 +9 369 PMPS 329 +2 292 +4

That just made me laugh real hard. Thanks for that!

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/26 Charlie AMPS 349 + 2 349 +9 369 PMPS 329 +2 292 +4

Yup -- I'd increase the dose. You can increase as any time. If you have a dose question, it helps to get attention if you put something in your subject line.

I know that feeling. I've had "the talk" with any number of people -- sometimes complete strangers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.