8/27 Charlie AMPS 464 +4 263 +6 277 +8 315 PMPS 394 +5 416

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by charliesmom, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

yesterday

Charlie is hovering around the pinks and yellows today. We will talk to our vet about dose changes tomorrow as we weren't able to reach her today.

First day at work was a real bummer after a week of vacation that turned into more of a sick leave week.
    Happy it's the evening and the night is still young.
    Jill

2. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Re: 8/27 Charlie AMPS 464 +4 263 +6 277 +8 315 PMPS 394

Good luck with the dose increase when you decide to take it. Hope you are feeling better too, despite going back to work. You and Charlie enjoy a great evening!

3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase!

Yeah, going back to work is always a bummer....I hope you can sort of ease into it!

4. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Thanks Amy & Leslie!

My mood was already better this evening since tonight was the beginning of the official Amsterdam "Restaurant Week". This is a week where many of the best, most expensive restaurants reduce their prices for a 3 course set menu.

I'm a little bit of a "foodie". Hate to say that as I have a love-hate relationship with that term. Ten years ago there was no such word in use. Nowadays, there's some sort of snobbery around the word and people who use it are usually a certain type. I'm definitely not a snob, but I must admit that I do love nice things, nice people, nice food and nice kitties! So call me what you will! :lol:

Ambitiously, I had secretly hoped my stomach would be better by tonight. My thinking was, if I'm back at work, I MUST be better! Otherwise, what am I doing in the office?
    So we booked a table tonight for restaurant week and checked one of the places out. Too bad my stomach decided 2 hours later that it didn't agree with this decision. Still not ready for it yet, I guess.

Still laying off the coffee and anything too heavy, spicy or acidic. It's helping a bit and so is the acid reflux medication that the Dr gave me to try out for 10 days. However, if that doesn't solve the problem by next Monday, the Dr says I may need to go in for a full test where they put a camera down my throat to see inside my stomach. I'm absolutely HORRIFIED at the thought of that so I'm trying to mentally TELL myself I'm better even if I'm not better yet. Thus, the attempt at a "restaurant week" dinner tonight! Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right? :lol:

My better half said to me this weekend: "OK, time to go to the pharmacy for my 2 sick, old girls: you and Charlie!" That cracked me up. Sad but true!

Have a great day everyone. Working on getting these 2 sick old girls off their respective juices! PRONTO.
    Jill

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/27 Charlie AMPS 464 +4 263 +6 277 +8 315 PMPS 394 +5 4

mmmmm, restaurant week. :smile: My town is famous for food too, and our Restaurant Week is next week. Sounds like the same idea - restaurants that I could never afford normally have special pricing for 3 course meals. The hard part is deciding where to go.

I got your PM asking me to look at your spreadsheet. Honestly, it just looks to me like Charlie hasn't gotten to her good dose yet. She seems to respond pretty well on the first or second cycle of a dose increase and that tricks you into thinking the dose is going to work for her, but then she never gets back to the good numbers until you change the dose again. If you wait too long on a dose hoping for the return of good numbers, glucose toxicity has a chance to set in and then it will require more insulin to get another breakthrough.

What I would do is stick with the protocol of increasing the dose every 6-8 cycles, depending on what numbers you see, and then if the numbers aren't where you want them do the increase right away. Don't sit for too long on a dose that isn't working. She hasn't seen green for 9 days, and hasn't even seen blue for 4 days, so I would go to 1.5 units BID tomorrow, monitor tomorrow in case she does her thing where she responds quickly, and then be prepared to move up the dosing scale more quickly if her numbers don't fall into place. She did have a 58 on 1 unit, but that was over a week ago so I would look at the big picture of where she is now.

How is she feeling?

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 8/27 Charlie AMPS 464 +4 263 +6 277 +8 315 PMPS 394 +5 4

Hi Jill

I'm glad Libby popped in...I was thinking the same thing...Charlie needs more insulin and if you can raise per the protocol, you can work to get ahead of any insulin resistance.

I think you and I must be having about the same stuff going on. I'm sorry you've been unwell. I hope Charlies tummy will feel better and she will overall start doing better.

I love Amsterdam! We lived in germany six years and spent many wonderful days in your beautiful country. I miss the tulips!!! We went every spring to Keukenhof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.