Leo 10/7 386 +2 348 +5 145 +8 206 PMPS 436

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa & Leo, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Yesterday's Summary
    AMPS 311
    +2 356
    +6 452
    PMPS 447
    +2 302
    +5 243

I overslept! 55 minutes late. [​IMG]
    I've never missed a test or a shot since he was diagnosed in August! I forgot to set my AM alarm after the +5 test last night. I ran downstairs and he was sitting upright On My Chair saying, "WTF, Mommy?" The chair where I sit when he gets tested :D

Oh I was frantic this morning, running up and down the stairs forgetting things, with Leo running up and down with me doing, "Mommmeeeeee, I has a hungry!" Poor guy!

Thanks to Teresa and Sienne for their thoughts on feeding schedules and carb %'s. Since Leo is taking pretty wild swings, I'm debating bumping up the carbs a bit on another meal He's currently +0 (1/2can 4%) +1 (1/2 can 8%) and +3 (1/2 can 4%). His nadir is between 5 and 6. I'm using the 5 section feeder and remove food at around +9. HOWEVER now that I have Dr. Lisa's list, I see that Savory Salmon is 1% and Ocean Whitefish and Tuna is 4%. I'd been using them interchangeably! I went to the store with Dr. Lisa's list yesterday and bought a variety of things for Leo and Molly, and will make a couple bins today for food for each, and probably write %s on each can until I remember. And NO MORE Ocean Whitefish ... 823 mg phosphorus!

I must have needed the sleep - stinks getting older and it takes more than a day or two to recover from a week of sleep deficit. I ran 7 miles yesterday and almost needed a nap. Today I have more running around, and organizing stuff. I need to make a complete duplicate of all our supplies for my apartment and for here just in case.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone, and healing vines to all kitties and beans.

Lisa & Leo

2. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Re: Leo 10/7 386

Lisa-
    Thanks for popping in on Fur Ball's condo. Hopefully the food changes will help Leo settle down. Its amazing what a difference diet does for these guys. Dr Lisa's work has been truly helpful.

have a great sunday and may you get a bit of rest during all your running.
    karen

3. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

You're the best mumbean Lisa! I am sure Leo will have beautiful bg with the controlled diet soon!
    If you are an hr late for the morning shot, you'll need to have the PM shot 12 hrs apart. Or, you'll need to bring up the shooting time 1/2 hr for the coming 2 cycles to take it back tot he original scheduled time.

4. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa, sounds like you have a good plan worked out there with the food. I think lots of us are heading out to the pet stores with Dr. Lisa's list, what a godsend with her list and endless hours of work. I think we've all done the oversleeping thing, so not to worry as you're a great Bean. You must have have been so tired from the trip and all other things, too. I find the sleep deficit catches up with me on Saturdays, and i'm useless, so I give in and rest and not much gets done. What is the name of that Psyche show you watch, or is it another Bean? Have a nice day and hope you can sneak in some rest.

5. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

I'm eager to see what fuds and schedule work for Leo (knowing ECID). It's amazing how they can differ so much from each other. Then again, they are cats! ohmygod_smile

6. Lisa & Leo

Hi Helen - thanks! Yes, once I get over the current PAIN of going through all this food, I will feel more confident that I can give him a consistent diet. I hope! Whether it's the best carbs, etc., for him long term, I don't know, but at least I'll have solid footing to start with! Yes, I've incurred shoot-time obligation. But it's not horrible, because I was working him later in time anyway since I had to advance him this past week 2 hours total (took 4 days) for a big meeting. So he's exactly right where I wanted him to be tomorrow morning!!! :D

Hi Ann - yeah, the deficit is tough. I keep thinking I'm 35 or something, at least I feel that way in my head, and then BAM hello ma'am, just checking your ID and you're WAY over 21...[​IMG]. The Psych show must be someone else - I've heard of something like that, but never watched it. I like House, Numbers, Monk, Bones...

Hi Teresa - Do'h! Like we can predict anything! Do'h! LOL! ohmygod_smile I'm creating a new sheet in my spreadsheet to put all the info for the food I am using and maybe some shorthand so I can keep better notes in his main SS.

Hi Karen - Dr. Lisa's list has caused quite a stir around here, in a GREAT way! I most have looked like a crazy lady in the store yesterday, bent over with my huge printout and a pen, mumbling to myself...

7. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Been there, done that! :lol: :lol: Hope Leo comes down from the pink floor!

8. Lisa & Leo

Re: Leo 10/7 386 +2 348 +5 145

Well, SURPRISE mommy!

Just when I'm thinking the reduction didn't take, he throws a blue. @-) I seriously think the food is part of the problem. For his #2, I'd been mixing two types of FF to make what I thought was 7%. Turns out, depending on which "LC" and which "MC" I grabbed, his second meal was anywhere between 5% and 10%. Not huge, but not great when you're trying to track trends!

Ack - internet problems all afternoon. Finally back online.

9. Lisa & Leo

All afternoon with this ... after a while at the store, I spread all the food out and wrote %s on the cans, took off the labels and I am making a sheet that has all the labels and the %s until I know them all looking at them. [​IMG]

Here's part way through ...

[​IMG]

10. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Ah, the picture of all the foods, food chart and papers brings back our fuds PTSD! I can't even remember how many cases of food Zener would not eat that we donated to our local animal shelter. Hang in there, you are on the right fuds path! Looks like Leo wanted to surprise you today. :shock:

11. Lisa & Leo

OMG - that is exactly it! I had a mini-meltdown this morning with all the stress of this, and DH comforted me and went out for wine, appys and crab legs. Lucky me, I didn't realize how stressed this was all making me! Fuds PTSD! Yes!

12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Leo 10/7 386 +2 348 +5 145 +8 206

I hope you get Leo's fuds schedule worked out so he doesn't jump around so much. Just think, once you get it all sorted out, things will be much easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.