10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93..+3 52.. +6 77..+9 102, +11 94

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lori and Atticus, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Hey everyone! I have been using Lantus on my kitty for a little over a week now and I can't seem to get the dosage low enough for her. We started at .5 unit twice a day which was alright, but if you look at my spreadsheet you can see what's been happening since then. I haven't been able to do a PM shot in the last few days now because everytime I lower the dosage thinking her BG will be high enough in the PM for a shot, it's not. I should be sorta happy that she's on such a tiny dose and that her numbers aren't bad considering. What should I do about the two doses a day though? I did the dose on the zero line today trying to get the bare minimum. We are an hour late for the PM dose and she is at 135 which i refuse to shoot her at still being a newbie and all. ;-) I am just not going to shoot tonight I guess because I'm heading to bed now, but does anyone know what I can do to get my girl on a schedule? Does it look like her pancreas is starting to try to handle things on it's own to a certain extent? I'm frustrated, but at the same time encouraged because she is feeling better and starting to gain a bit of weight which is great! Help please! Before I go nuts! :lol:

2. Anne&Muffin (GA)

Anne&Muffin (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Newbie Lantus dosage question

Hi Lori and Welcome to Lantus Land! I'm sorry, I don't have dosing advice, but I'm sure you'll get some shortly. Just wanted to welcome you and Atticus, and she sure is a beautiful girl!

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Lori

Welcome to Lantus Land! I looked at her SS and have some thoughts but want to take just a minute to look at her profile so brb.

4. Marje and Gracie

:lol: that was quick....you don't have the profile properly linked so that it is public so you might want to go through the instructions again.

What I am seeing is that .5u looks like it could be a nice dose for her. While many of us shoot in the 50s, you are right...you are not yet data ready to shoot that low so we need to get you there. We say here "shoot low to stay low" but that is when it's safe.

I think the nice string of green numbers you saw on 10/5 a.m. Cycle was most likely because of the insulin depot. Lantus and levemir are depot insulins...what that means is the first several shots you give have to first build the depot and then the kitty starts to use the shots you give...once the depot is full. That's why the starting doses are held 3-5 days and subsequent dose increases are held for 3 days until we see what the effect of the insulin will be.

So with these types of insulin, there is a cumulative effect where one dose builds upon the previous dose. When you reduce the dose, the previous dose can affect up to six subsequent cycles....that's why we don't take back to back reductions. We only give reductions, under the tight regulation protocol, when kitty goes below 50 if you are using a human glucometer and 80 if you are using an alpha trak. Since I can't see the profile, I don't know which glucometer you are using so my comments are prefaced upon the assumption you are using a human glucometer.

Every time you skip a shot, you are draining the depot and you can see her numbers trending higher. Unfortunately, on the nights you did shoot, you have no p.m. Tests and cats are often lower at night. It's important that you get at least a +2 test and before bed test each night so we can see where she is headed.

Since you haven't shot tonight, I would normally tell you to shoot .25u and I'd stay up and walk you through it if you had supplies and could stay up to test. Unfortunately, I'm visiting my mom out of town and my iPad is about to go out on me....plus I have to be up and out early tomorrow.

How long have you stalled? Stalling acts like a dose reduction plus you've really reduced her dose a lot. If you can let me know how long it's been, I can tell you what I think you should shoot. I'll wait for your answer.

If you don't shoot tonight, I'd take her dose back up to .25u in the morning, give her six cycles and try to shoot consistently. It would be good if you could post a +11 so we can see where shes headed and offer advice but if you can't, if she's below 150 at shot time, don't feed, post here and let us help you.

5. Marje and Gracie

Lori

I'm assuming you skipped tonight. I'm sorry but I have to get to bed and I only have about 9% left on my battery.

I'd post in the morning one hour before your shot time which would be +23 or 23 hours since the last shot. If Atticus is in yellow again, I'd shoot .25u. If she's in blue at shot time, don't feed her...post first and get someone to walk you through it.

I'm going to send Jane a PM and hope she's on in the morning. She can help you. Normally Dyana and Sienne are on early but they are on east coast and central time and they will probably both be at work.

I think if we can get you shooting a safe dose consistently, that Atticus might be seeing green numbers all the time :D .
    I suggest if you haven't put together a hypo toolkit with MC and HC foods as well as karo/syrup, tht you might want to. Normally I'd link that info for you but I'm about out of juice here and need to pm Jane.

Ill try to check in sometime tomorrow.

6. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

Hi Lori, Jane here :smile:

Welcome to Lantus Land! It's so great here that after our cat went OTJ (Off The Juice, i.e. into remission, becoming a diet-controlled diabetic) the first time, we came back for a second stint on Lantus and a second OTJ party, and we haven't left since :lol:

Just kidding. Of course no one *wants* their cats to need a place like this. But as folks say around here, it's the greatest place you never wanted to be!

Marje asked me to look in on you. I'll keep an eye out for your (+23) BG, and then by the time it's AMPS-Hour, we'll know where Atticus is coming from and whether to shoot, ok?

See you then!
    Jane

[​IMG]

P.S. If you have time, it would be fabulous if you could correct the publishing settings on your FDMB Profile. It will belp us immensely when we want to give you input. The way you have it now, we can't access it.

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Here's the link for what you want to put in a hypo kit.

Hypo Tool Box

8. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for the information! I had to go to bed early last night because the hubby had to fly out at 3 AM on business. I have corrected the profile so you can view it and I'm going to do Atticus's BG now. I'll post in just a few minutes what the result is. Thanks again! I can't wait to get her consistent. :smile:

9. Marje and Gracie

Lori

Just post the number and ill watch for you. I can't stay with you all day....just checking in for you this morning but I can get you started.

Question...why is she on orbax as a general antibiotic? How long has she been on that and for what? How long will she need to be on it? Is it for elevated liver enzymes?

Also, it helps us if you can put her meds on the google SS. If you look at my Gracie's SS, you will see how I've modified it to inc meds. That can be very important for us to know in helping you with dosing.

Thanks. See you soon.

10. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Hi again Lori!

Standing by for that BG :mrgreen:

(Hi Marje!)

Hugs
    Jane

11. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thanks! She's on the Orbax for just a couple more days. When the liver enzymes were elevated, the vet gave it to her as a precaution. She's almost done with it. She's been on it a week. Atticus's BG was 166 which I thought seems a little low, so I took it again and it was 185. I really appreciate the help from everyone. You guys make this nightmare so much better. :D

12. Marje and Gracie

As infections clear, BG comes down. I'm dealing with the exact same issue with Gracie now.

IMHO, with that number, I'd shoot .1u this morning, get a +1 and +2 and see where she's headed. If we can get a consistent dose and tests, we may see that this dose is ok. Last night when I made my suggestions, I didn't know she was on an a/b.

Does my plan work for you?

13. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Sure! So a .1 is pretty much the zero line like I did yesterday, right?

14. Marje and Gracie

My .1 will look different from yours so just be as consistent as you can.

I'm signing off now...will be back to check on you in an hour.

15. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Woohooo, go Lori! Work those BOS!

[​IMG]

Jane

16. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

I'll shoot in about 5 minutes. I work from home thank goodness or I would not have any BOS! I also have you guys which eases my mind. My vet is also in my neighborhood and open, so let's roll with it. There's no better time than now. ;-) I'll post up BG in an hour!

17. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Good plan, Lori! I work from home too, so I hear you on the BOS-from-home too :lol:

In the meantime, would you change your thread title? Since this is your "daily condo" (we call our threads "condos" here - LL has a bit of a special language, you'll pick it up really swiftly), you can change it into our LL format:

Date, Cat's Name, AMPS or PMPS, Subsequent BGs

Ok?
    See you in an hour!

Hugs
    Jane

18. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus 185 AMPS

Done! Thanks!

19. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185

Perfect! Gold Star :mrgreen:

Love the profile, too! I noticed you said you have 2 spreadsheets - if you wanted to, you could add a column to the google docs SS, indicating meds. It can help us assess BG trends when we know, and see it right there, was was given. Just an idea :smile:

Hugs
    Jane

20. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

Welcome Lori and Atticus!! What a handsome kitty :razz: So glad you are here cat_pet_icon

21. Marje and Gracie

Nice shooting.

22. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Any BG update yet? (Posting and cooking, posting and cooking :lol:)

Jane

23. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185, +1 179

Yep! Just got it! She's at 179 at +1

24. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Nice. A surf. Back for (+2), k?

Jane

25. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Will do. See ya in 20 min for the +2. :D

P.S. Atticus has been feeling pretty darn good since yesterday so I wonder if there was an infection that she's getting over. Between that and her BG's coming down, she must be feeling better. She's eating good and actually a little playful. Yay Atticus! bcatrun_gif

26. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

+2 BG is 146. :D

27. Marje and Gracie

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185, +1 179, +2 146

Ok...with that lower +2 than PS, I think you might see some nice numbers today. I'd get a +3 if she will let you so we can see how much her drop might be as she onsets.

I might not be able to. Heck back in so if she is lower and you need help, put something like "help pls" in the subject line.

28. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thank Marje! She is very laid back about her BG tests now. She's just napping anyway. I'll post up a +3 in a bit. :smile: I am all over the BG tests today because this is the lowest I have ever shot so I'm a little nervous.

29. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Nice (+2). I agree with Marje - you may well see some very pretty BGs coming up.

I am signing off for the night, But I've sent a PM to Sienne letting her know you might like some eyes on your condo in a bit.

If you need input, you can always add "Help Please" etc. in your subject line, k?

You're doing great! See you tomorrow :smile:

Hugs
    Jane

30. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thank you Jane! I feel OK about the day time so far. I'm more concerned about nighttime if she is still low when I shoot at PM. I'll keep posting up today and tonight though. :D I'll chat with you tomorrow! G'night!

31. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Ok cool! You're welcome, it's my pleasure. Just in case no one is around and you want quick info, keep the Sticky on Dealing with Low Numbers handy and maybe have a read through it in between tests.

See you mollow.
    Jane

32. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I told Jane I'd peek in. I see she linked the post on handling low numbers. I'm at work and I'll try to keep an eye on things between clients.

If you need help, don't hesitate to ask. Edit your subject line to ask for help. There are plenty of people here who are experienced at handling low numbers.

33. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thank you Sienne! I appreciate it! I'll be testing in about 20 minutes and we can get an idea of how much lower she is. Fingers crossed for pretty numbers! :smile:

34. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185, +1 179, +2 146, +3 116

Alright! +3 is 116. Should I test again at +4 or wait until +5? Thanks!

35. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

Welcome Lori and Atticus-
    I'm not going to give a lot of advice since I've only been around here a short time as well. Just wanted to stop in and welcome you. The support on this board is amazing.

My personal opinion is, the more numbers you get, the better you will begin to understand how Lantus is working for Atticus, esp if she is a willing participate. Fortunately, Fur Ball was surprisingly patient with me as it took forever to get a hang of testing him. Some days it would take me 5-7 goes before getting blood...and that would happen each time I tested. Oh the poor boy.

You aren't going to know a whole lot until you get the numbers. You can look at Fur Ball's SS. I can completely understand your trepidation about shooting low numbers. But, I did it and had a few sleepless nights sitting up with the support of Jane and Marje, plus a few others. As long as you are there, you can help Atticus surf safely.

Gotta get back to work. Hope you have a great day.
    Karen

36. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thanks for that Karen! I will definitely get as many numbers as I can. Atticus is typically pretty good about it so it's no worries. I can get her on the first try now, so that's probably why she's more patient with me than she was at the beginning. :smile: I have noticed the support is awesome as well. I totally love this place! Another BG in 15 min if I can get Atticus out from under the bed by then anyway. :lol:

37. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185, +1 179, +2 146, +3 116, +4 103

+4 103 - looking pretty good so far I think

38. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185, +1 179, +2 146, +3 116, +4 103

You're doing great and Atticus is seeing gorgeous numbers!!

39. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185, +1 179, +2 146, +3 116, +4 103, +

She's doing good. I'm just already getting nervous for tonight though. nailbite_smile +5 is 97!

40. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185,+1 179,+3 116,+5 97,+6 78

+6 78. Looking good still. I'm so proud of my sweet girl. :D

41. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

And you have every right to be!!

There's a possibility that she will bounce off of these numbers, but we'll need to see what happens by PMPS.

42. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

+7 92 - Hopefully she doesn't bounce. Only time will tell. :-|

43. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185,+1 179,+3 116,+5 97,+6 78..+8 94

+8 94

44. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185,+1 179,+3 116,+5 97,+6 78... +9 11

+9 113 - Moving on up and my 16 year old daughter is getting a diabetes lesson as well. She did the BG test this time and got her on the first shot. That's my girl! :cool:

45. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

What a great day you guys are having, yeay! And getting DD on board with the routine is brilliant, congrats to her!

46. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thanks! She is doing some medical classes in high school, has already started college and is planning on getting a bachelors in nursing, so I thought this would be a great thing for her to help with. Good experience for her and I have a back up in case I ever need it. ;)

47. GregFurBall

Atticus looks wonderful. What a beautiful looking curve.
    You are doing great and how exciting that DD is getting the hang of it.
    Karen

48. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Ok. So, I'll be 100% honest. I'm getting real nervous about shooting her this PM. She is due in 30 minutes and her +11 was only 108. I know what to do if it goes too low, but I'm just really worried and wondering if I should shoot at a low number like that.

At any rate, I just got back from the store and stocked up on more test strips, karo, and FF with gravy. Atticus also lucked out and I remembered to get her some shrimp and sardines for her tests and shots. She'll be a happy little girl! :mrgreen:

So, my plan (if you guys think I should go ahead and shoot) is to just not sleep tonight and test every hour or so again. Heck! We wanted a 24 hour curve anyway, right? :lol: What do you guys think? Shoot or not shoot? That is the question. ;-)

49. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185,+1 179,+3 116,+5 97,+6 78... +11 1

Hi Lori and Atticus,
    Welcome to LantusLand.

Looking good already!
    I was smiling because my helper is my 16 year old daughter.
    Be sure and post that PMPS number and ask for help when it's time.

50. GregFurBall

Re: 10/8 Atticus AMPS 185,+1 179,+3 116,+5 97,+6 78... +11 1

Hi Lori-
    What a great day you have had. It can be really scary to shot those blues. The 'experts' will be better suited to help you out with your question, but if you are able and willing to be up all night monitoring Atticus, I think it would be fine to shoot. Having done it myself, I know how stressful it can be. But it is so rewarding to see the numbers and get a better understanding of how Atticus responds. Since you haven't been consistent on the PM shooting, it may take some time to build the depot so the curve may be a bit skewed. At least that is how I felt when we did our first curve. Our vet did not explain the depot effect or teach us about Lantus. We have learned everything through this forum.

Thanks all I got. Just want you to know how great you are doing.

karen

51. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114 - I've never shot this low. Shoul

I really think this is a safe number to shoot. Atticus has been surfing in this range all day and your giving a small amount of insulin. That said, ordinarily, we'd want to make sure there's an experienced member around to lend you a hand should it turn out to be an exciting cycle. It always helps to have someone here who has your back!

Unfortunately, I'm about to fall asleep while typing. Marje's out of town. Some of the west coast folks may be around but I can't guarantee who will be here and until when. I don't want to tell you to shoot and abandon you.

If you decide to shoot, please get a +1 and +2. Whenever you shoot lower numbers, you want to get early tests.

52. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114 - I've never shot this low. Shoul

Ok. I'm going to go ahead and shoot. I will probably test nearly every hour just from being nervous so I don't worry about her dropping and me not knowing at least very quickly after. I'll post up numbers though for whoever may be here, just for reassurance.

53. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93

+1 was 93. It dropped a little faster than expected. I hope she keeps some nice numbers tonight and doesn't go too low. :smile:

54. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

That's not bad. Now if she could just surf but I know how you feel, gotta check.

55. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

whoops. That's probably a food inflated number.
    I would assume you fed at shot time just like the rest of us.
    My cat tends to take a few minutes over the 2 hrs after food when she has a food spike.
    Guess you'll be learning what Attie's is tonite.

56. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Lori, good morning (for me) :mrgreen:

Way to work those BOS and shoot, nicely done. As you've noticed and Sienne explained, we make sure there is someone experienced around to hang out with you especially when shooting low for the first time, so Sienne sent me a PM. She know I tend to check in early in my mornings :smile: So, not to worry. I'm going to grab my coffee and come right back to see if you've posted your (+2).

Just in case we're heading for an active cycle, have you got:
    --- extra test strips
    --- extra batteries for the glucometer
    --- testing treats for Atticus
    --- HC, MC and LC canned food varieties
    --- karo/honey/syrup
    --- a treat for yourself in case you have to be up a while?

See you in a bit!
    Jane

57. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93, +2 92

Hi Jane! I am prepared. Tired, but I will just be napping off and on tonight and checking BG every hour or so. I am nervous, but I have faith that it will all be OK. :smile: I have several different types of Fancy Feast. Her classic of course for the LC and then several different gravy types for the higher carbs. I went to the store before I shot and bought more test strips even though I had 20 left. I just wanted to make sure it was enough. :lol: I have 3 glucometers as well. I'm hypoglycemic so I always have a meter and a backup or two. And I have Karo and kitty treats. I think we are good to go. :)

Her +2 was 92 so still doing good. :D

58. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Wonderful!

I think this was mentioned to you already, but just to remind you: When you see a marked drop from the PS to the (+2), you can expect an active cycle (meaning, more active than "normal", one where BGs may drop rather low or rather fast). The (+2) you have there suggests there hopefully won't be too much drama :smile: But let's be vigilant.

Next stop: (+3).

Does that work for you?

Also: Is you (+3) an hour from now? Because then I'd sneak in a quick morning run and be back in an hour :lol:
    Hugs
    Jane

59. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

+3 is in 40 minutes. :smile: And now I'm worried... nailbite_smile Sometimes ignorance is bliss. LOL!

60. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Why are you worried now?

61. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Oh! Because I wasn't aware of the drop between pre shot and +2 means a possible active cycle. LOL! Now I do. ;-) That's why I'm worried. It'll be OK. I'm prepared. :mrgreen:

62. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Lori, you can relax!

I think you must have misread my post.

The 90 at +2 is NOT a worriesome drop :smile: I quoted the guideline to you to reassure you :smile:

A drop of 20 points from 114 to 92 is within 20% meter variance. That's why I wrote that most likely you don't have to worry about a lot of drama :smile: But always best to be vigilant when shooting lower for the first time.

You will be fine. I will stay with you.

Ok?

Hugs!!
    Jane

63. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Ok... I was just looking back at the spreadsheet and thinking that the drop wasn't near as big as some of hers in the past. Now I understand what you meant. I'm really not too nervous. Just kinda tired, but I have my alarm set for each BG just in case I nap. :smile: It's all good. She's doing awesome. I'm so proud of how tolerant she has been on her tests today. She's normally not that cool about being messed with, but now she is so good. :smile: I'm really OK for now if you do want to go get a jog in. :cool:

64. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Already out running with iphone :lol:

Yes, you have a very brave kitty! And she has a fabulous bean :mrgreen:

How many minutes to next BG? (Wanna know when to turn back ;-) )

65. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Aww! Thanks! I have great support here as well! :D The next test is in 10 minutes. I should have results posted within a couple of minutes of that.

P.S. - I just took a look through your profile and your cats are so cute! :mrgreen:

66. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Perfect. On way home now, see you in a few!

67. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Here we go. +3 52. She just ate right before the test. I'm testing her again in just a few minutes. She's acting fine.

68. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93, +2 92, +3 52

Test in 15 and breathe :smile:

You fed LC?

69. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

It was LC before the test. I just gave some FF in gravy. She's eating some right now. I'm calm cool and collected. I'll check her in a few and let you know.

PS - Oh my! She loves the gravy! :lol:

70. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

+3.25 is 68. I'll check again in another 15 and see how it is. Inhale, exhale... Inhale, exhale... ohmygod_smile :lol:

71. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Great that you feel calm.

Food can take up to about 30 minutes to kick in.

So, test 15 minutes from most recent feeding and don't feed again until you've tested, ok?

Test, post BG, and we decide from there :smile:

You're doing great!
    Jane

72. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

k. I'll post in 10-15 minutes. She just disappeared under the bed. I'll need to lure her out gently. This could take a while. :lol:

73. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

:lol: Good luck! See you in 10-15!

Jane

74. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

You're in good hands & doing great Lori! Stay calm with the test & praise Atticus everytime you do it!
    Keep the green surfing, Atticus!

75. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Very good point about the post-test priase, Helen! Thanks!!

76. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

+3.75 is 87

And thank you for stopping in to check. All of you are awesome. I feel safe with Jane. :smile: I can't say how happy I am to have found this place! It's truly awesome having so much support when doing this. :-x

77. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Am I getting your test times right:

RECAP

PMPS 114
    +1 --- 93
    +2 --- 92
    +3 --- 52 (Ate LC right before test, and FF in gravy [HC?] just after.)
    +3.25 --- 68
    +3.75 --- 87

No other tests I am missing?

The Plan:
    --- Feed 1 tsp LC
    --- Re-test in 30 minutes

Sound good?

Great job so far :smile:
    Jane

78. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

3.25 was 68. I'll give her a little food and test in 30 min. See you then. 1:15 am my time. :eek: :lol:

79. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Hang in there, Lori!

(Yes, I saw that +3.25 and still added it - we cross-posted! Happens a lot :lol:)

Oh, one other thing:

[​IMG]

For keeping your SS up-to-date! (And staying calm!)

See you soon :smile:
    Jane

80. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

LOL! I'm always known for my panic after the fact. In a few hours I'll freak. Right now though, I'm pretty calm. It's obviously going to be a fun night though, so I'm sucking down some caffeine. :coffee: Thanks for the kudos. Atticus is feeling just fine. She is sitting on her bed grooming. She's been grooming a lot lately. I think she's feeling much better over the last few days then what she did earlier. I sure hope so. :smile:

81. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Yay, I'm so glad she's having a little bath and feeling fine!

One request: Could you please add the (+4) to the subject line when you get it?

Thanks! Standing by :lol:
    Jane

82. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

+4 is 99 :smile:

83. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93, +2 92, +3 52, +4 99

RECAP

PMPS 114
    +1 --- 93
    +2 --- 92
    +3 --- 52 (Ate LC right before test, and FF in gravy [HC?] just after.)
    +3.25 --- 68
    +3.75 --- 87 (Ate 1 tsp LC.)
    +4 --- 99

Perfect. Looks like he *may* not have needed that last tsp of LC. But, knowing HC can wear off *really* quickly, and then the BG can wobble back down at speed, for the first low-shooting, I felt better being extra-cautious.

I would now *NOT* feed, and re-test in about 40 or 45 minutes. I wouldn't quite let it go an hour yet.

How does that sound?
    Jane

84. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93, +2 92, +3 52, +4 99

Sounds good. I'll see you in 45. :smile:

85. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93, +2 92, +3 52, +4 99, +4.75

Looking good! +4.75 was 92

86. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Lovely green surf. Next test in 45 minutes. No food.

If that one is still great, you should be fine to get a couple of hours of sleep :smile:

Terrific job, Lori!

Plan sound good?

Hugs
    Jane

87. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Sleep would be fantastic. No food and I'll be back at 3 AM my time. Thank goodness for Netflix and tons of shows to watch. :mrgreen:

88. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

((Lori))

I know you must be exhausted! But look at those gorgeous numbers :mrgreen: Are you one of those people who's good at cat naps? Hope you are :lol:

See you at your 3am! You're a star.

Hugs
    Jane

89. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

No... I'm one of those that once I'm awake, I'm awake. Once the sun is up, I am up. It will be a long day, for sure but at least Atticus is safe. Once I do get a couple of hours of sleep, it will be good sleep because I won't be worrying about her. She's what matters right now. :smile: Between her and her sister Ariel, my hands are full at the moment. Ariel is on meds for disk damage in her back. We aren't sure what happened (the vet said it can happen with age), but we built a ramp for the bed which has been a Godsend for Ariel. She barely makes it on the bed when she jumps, which we don't want her jumping at all. Anyway, my girls have me busy these days, but I sure do love them! ;-)

90. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93, +2 92, +3 52, +4 99, +6 77

+6 was 77

91. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Hang on, the test times are confusing me :smile:

The 92 was +4.75 in your subject line, but +5 in your SS. Which was it?
    And the next test was meant to be 45 minutes later - was it 45 or 60 minutes?

Just want to be clear on where in the cycle we are with that 77...

I would give 1 tsp LC and re-test in 45 minutes. She *should* be at nadir round about now, so she should either surf a bit still, or start rising a bit.

Ok?
    Jane

92. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Sorry about that! I fixed it all. Thank goodness I keep another spreadsheet with exact times as well. Exhaustion is taking its toll. @-) I'll feed and test again in 45. Thanks!

93. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

No worries :smile:

See you in 45.
    Jane

94. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Atticus must be exhausted too! You've got an awesome sugar kitty there!
    Even if you cannot take cat nap, set an alarm ,eyes closed, lying on bed for a while helps a bit!
    Think of all those hrs of green where Atticus is on a self healing!
    Keep it going Lori! Thanks Janie Jane! You're great!

95. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Thanks! I needed that right now. It's been a really rough night. My other kitty hurt herself tonight. I posted about it on the health board. I'm a mess right now. Ugh! Testing Atticus again in 8 min, then snuggling up to the kitties and going to sleep for a while. Maybe everything will be better in a couple of hours.

96. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

Re: 10/8 Atticus PMPS 114, +1 93..+3 52, +4 99, +6 77 +7 90

+7 is 90. Can I leave food out (they both free feed) and hit the sack for a few hours? Think we are safe now? :smile:

97. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

I think what I'd do is leave out some LC and re-test in 2 hours.

Sound good?

Jane

98. Lori and Atticus

Lori and Atticus Member

That works. NIght(ish)

99. Marje and Gracie

Hi lori and janie jane

Posting from the airport on my way back home to az. Great work last night! You and attie did wonderful lori under janes super guidance. I should be back on, tonight to help through the earler hours until jane comes on. I should be able to check in from albuquerque in case jane needs to take a break.

Hooray on that great cycle. Bbl.

100. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Great job!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.