10/15 Charlie AMPS 468 +3.5 157 +4.5 117 +5.5 110 +6.5 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by charliesmom, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

yesterday

Good morning everyone,

I will be working from home today so I can keep an eye on Charlie and also feel a bit better myself. An entire night awake taking care of a kitty that's crashing sure does have its effects on you. I feel completely awful and exhausted this morning, with a faint headache. Hope I can keep that at bay and feel normal. Will nap a bit today when possible.

It's interesting what's happening with Charlie's numbers this morning. Last night it seemed she was bouncing as her numbers started FINALLY going up more significantly at +7 so I could go to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and they had gone up further into the red range. Normal, I thought. AMPS was in the red again so I expected a day where the new, lower dose of 1.25 units wouldn't have any effect on her because I thought for sure that bounce would continue all throughout today at least.

Doesn't seem to be the case as she's already heading downwards at +3.5

I will keep an eye on her, but in some way, this is a good sign, right? Clearing bounces in shorter amounts of time is a sign of liver training starting to kick in, right? Or no?

Have a good day everyone, and sincerely, I want to thank you for being right by my side last night during Charlie's theatrics! :smile:
    Jill

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Re: 10/15 Charlie AMPS 468 Decreased Dose +3.5 157 +4.5 117

Very Nice come down, Charlie!
    I'm glad you're able to stay home today. I hope you get some rest.

3. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 10/15 Charlie AMPS 468 +3.5 157 +4.5 117 +5.5 110 +6.5 1

hope you can get a little rest today, jill. that was quite a fight to pull charlie's numbers up last night! you handled it like a pro. i ended up having some problems of my own with alex last night, but libby had emailed me to let me know all was well with charlie and you had gone to bed.

clearing bounces faster is always a good sign. however, i think this might have a lttle more to do with carbs clearing. to keep charlie safe, you had to resort to giving charlie an awful lot of syrup in order to bump her up before onset occurred. i'm so glad you spot checked her early. what a great catch! being able to intervene early made a huge difference in being able to prevent her from dropping any lower.

libby's explanation is exactly why i jumped in quickly as soon as i saw your post and had a chance to look at charlie's spreadsheet. i knew we had a tough fight on our hands when i saw the bounce had been clearing the previous cycle and the dose had been increased on top of it. i doubt many realize just how tough that fight was for you. early intervention and your cool head during this crisis was incredible. pat yourself on the back because you deserve it!

hope your day is filled with some rest and relaxation. i'll check back later. have to attend to a sick kitty...

4. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'd say those are very interesting #s from Miss Charlie, too. I hope that she'll surf nicely for you without skydiving. I'm glad to hear that you're going to be home to keep tabs. I, too, hope you get some rest sometime today. Have a good day. :smile:

5. Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor

Jane & Jack & Karre the Emperor Well-Known Member

I most *definitely* agree with Jill (/Alex) on the suggestion to pat yourself on the back, Jill (/Charlie)! In fact, I'd venture further and suggest you go get yourself some very nice treats indeed :mrgreen:

(Sorry Alex had a crisis too, Jill! Keep us in the loop if you can. Vines coming your way.)

Hugs
    Jane

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. wow, that was quite the drop at +3.5! Looks like she surfed beautifully for a good portion of today and is heading back up now .. hopefully not too high! Have a great day guys!

7. charliesmom

charliesmom Member

Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone. Charlie seems REAL worn out today. She has been sleeping since this day started and she's still sleeping now at 6pm. I have her looking sick on my left, and my partner with the flu on my right. Can someone send us some healing vines to our house?

Is it the case that when cats get maple syrup or other sugar boosts to keep them from crashing, this is actually really hard on their systems and bad for them in some way? Could this be why Charlie is so weird and distant today? She really doesn't seem good at all. Hope this too shall pass.

8. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Jill,
    Sending lots of healing vines to Charlie and your partner and comfort and energy vines for you! :D You did awesome yesterday. I remember one time in 2011 Maggie had a reaction to anesthesia after a dental with dropping numbers, and I stayed up all night with the karo and gravy and hc fuds. Jill and others were helping me, too. The next day she slept the entire day, and I worried, too, seeing her sleep so long, but she was okay.

I hope others weigh in, too. Is Charlie eating okay? How about water? Add a ? emoticon in your subject line if you want more opinions/help.

9. Alexa and Reuben

Alexa and Reuben Well-Known Member

cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon heaps and heaps of healing vines being sent to your house cat_pet_icon cat_pet_icon

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Jill, I hope you have been able to get some rest today. You did a great job with Charlie yesterday. I'm sure Charlie is just as worn out as your are today. It looks like she is giving you a nice blue surf. Maybe she'll like this new dose. I have read in other condos that some cats don't feel as good when they first reach blues and greens because they are not used to it. This could be part of why Charlie isn't herself today. Once she gets used to the good numbers, she'll feel better. Sending prayers and healing vines to Charlie and your partner.

11. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

hello! Just checking to see what's going on today. Not too bad a bounce so far, nice. :smile: I agree with Jill/Alex, you did a great job last night. She's right that others may not realize how hard you were fighting the numbers because you stayed so calm. I hope you were able to rest today.

I saw your note earlier that Charlie didn't seem to be feeling well. Is she better now? How does the litter box look? Wondering if maybe she has a tummy ache from the syrup, or maybe just feeling the roller coaster a bit. Keep an eye out, though, if she doesn't get better.

12. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Healing vines for everyone in your household! Good job last night!!!! You were fabulous!!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.