10/21 Teronto PMBG 148 Whoot Whoot!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teronto and Pauline, Oct 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teronto and Pauline

Teronto and Pauline Member

Yesterday

Morning Everyone.

We had an uneventful night. :D He dipped down to 109 at +4 and got a little 1/4 can of LC. Left the kids to monitor (which they didn't) and when I came back he'd polished of his sister's snack too. After which he proceeded to tell me how hungry he is. :roll:

Otherwise all is good. It was nice to see blues last night but I still worried. So I stayed up for as long as I could. Hubs is upset that I have been sleeping on the couch. But I'm grateful that he gets it.

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 10/21 Ternonto AMBG 194

good morning!

I got a quick note from Jill this morning. She didn't have time to log in to FDMB, but saw the 194 on your spreadsheet. She and I are thinking along the same lines.

We are very interested in seeing if Teronto's pancreas is able to pull his numbers down without insulin. He dropped pretty quickly last night on 0.1u, and that is even with some kibble-influence probably still in the picture.

Even though his number today is not too low to shoot, what would you think about trying an experiment? Skip the shot. Since he already ate breakfast, test 3 hours after the meal. Then feed SMALL meals every few hours the rest of the day, with tests to see how he is doing.

It would look something like this:

AMBG 194 (fed 1/2 can Wellness)
    +3 test. If lower than 194, feed 1/8 can Wellness. If higher than 194, wait another hour and retest before feeding.
    +6 test, feed 1/8 can Wellness
    +9 test, feed 1/8 can Wellness
    +11 test and post so we can start thinking about whether to continue the experiment

3. Teronto and Pauline

I LOVE EXPERIMENTS!! dancing_cat

And Teronto is sending you kitty kisses. He's on board for anything that means he gets to eat along the way. LOL Auntie Jill and Auntie Libby just made his day. :D

4. Libby and Lucy

Cool! I'm glad Teronto is a willing participant. It will be interesting to see what he does. Even if he does go high without insulin, he showed us yesterday that he get his numbers back into a healthy range very easily with a little insulin. Some cats would have taken DAYS to recover from yesterday's missed shot and kibble episode. So even if the experiment doesn't go well, he won't have to sit in high numbers for very long.

5. Teronto and Pauline

Yes I'm very interested to see how he does.

Guess today will be an easy day. Whatever will I do with myself. Oh I Know! Study! :YMSIGH: :lol: :lol:

And start getting things ready for our Hawaii trip. We leave this coming Saturday. My only two prayers this week is that Teronto Does FABULOUS today and that we miss first snow fall before we leave for our trip. I hate snow!

6. Teronto and Pauline

Re: 10/21 Teronto AMBG 194

Well, look at that. Blue all day and at +11 he decided to drop down to 172

7. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 10/21 Teronto AMBG 194; +11 172 No shot today

Wow...that is an amazingly flat surf!!!! nice blues Teronto!

I can't wait to see what he continues to do.

8. Libby and Lucy

now THAT is a flat cycle!

What do you think about letting him ride without insulin tonight too? I probably don't have to ask you what you think. :mrgreen:

So far Teronto is holding his own. I think it's worth a try to give him a little more time to see if he pulls the numbers down. He still might be getting the carbs out of his system.

9. Teronto and Pauline

I'm totally on board. Today was the MOST relaxing day I've had in a while. Surfing the blues WAS AWESOME.

I'm getting ready to take a PMBG. Will post that here soon.

10. Teronto and Pauline

Does it get any BETTER than this? PMBG 148!

Teronto! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!
    :RAHCAT

11. Libby and Lucy

awesome. :mrgreen:

Small meals should help, but don't get up every 3 hours at night to feed. Just split the usual food into several meals and spread them out the best you can.

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Pauline --

Jill's internet is not reliable tonight. She asked that I pass along if you could post a PM +11 in the morning. She's hoping the connection issues are resolved and she'll check in with you.

14. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.