11/14 Rusty PMPS 72, +4.5 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=83078

Good Morning, Everyone,

More positive thoughts and prayers this morning for Moonie and Roni & Brad.

Rusty had a gradual rise yesterday and is still up there this morning. I guess it's some sort of a bounce and hope he can clear it today. He had a good night sleeping between his beans and at some point ate all of his nighttime food. This morning we had a good test, shot, breakfast of Wellness Turkey and Chicken (combo plate), a nap in his little bed by the radiator (it was 20 degrees this morning), and then a little play with Big Bug (the Cat Dancer toy of paper rods on a wire), which used to be his favorite toy but has not seen much action lately. I want to get him playing vigorously again because it will be good for his body and his motor skills (the mighty hunter has to stay in shape: you never know when squirrels and chipmunks and mice will cross your path!).

This will be another "rest" day for me (48 hours rest were recommended). My surgery site (middle of my forehead) looks good (I saw it for the first time yesterday): a row of stitches that eventually will look like just another wrinkle! :lol: Tomorrow I'm going on a woods walk with friends. I had to forego climbing a moderate size mountain today. Bummer!

I'll call Roni later to see how they are doing. Tomorrow they will have the test results. Fingers and paws crossed.

Ella & Rusty

2. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 11/14 Rusty AMPS 206

Hi Ella I have missed why you had sx I have been absent so much lately :oops: but hope its healing well and sending blue vibes to Mr Rusty today

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 11/14 Rusty AMPS 206

Hi guys .. awww, sounds like rusty is having a good morning .. a little fuds, a little nap, a little play time .. ahh .. the life of a kitty! I'm glad your healing up nicely, but again, take today to rest like the dr ordered .. the mountains will be there tomorrow :lol: Please tell Roni and Brad we are holding them close, and praying for the best possible outcome! have a great day guys!

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 11/14 Rusty AMPS 206, +5.5 72

Hi again,
    Rusty looks to have broken his bounce. He had a good lunch and some outdoor time (beautiful sunny, cold day) and is now napping in his cube.

I'm about to go out for another walk. bbl,

Ella & Rusty

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Nicely done, Rusty! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Liz

6. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Rusty, great job. Enjoy that nap. cat_pet_icon

Ella, i'm glad your healing well. I, too, have another little wrinkle. I guess that's the good part of getting older. Our Mohs scars have something to blend in with. :lol: would hate to have it stick out like a sore thumb.
    take good care of all of you
    mary and oliver

7. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Good job, Rusty, coming down nicely. :mrgreen:

Ella, I'm glad your booboo is healing nicely. :D

8. Leslie and Jasper

Leslie and Jasper Well-Known Member

Re: 11/14 Rusty AMPS 206, +5.5 72, +9 51

Hi Ella, Nice slide into green for Rusty :mrgreen: good job keeping him in shape for hunting prey should the need arise :lol: . Glad your forehead is healing well and you can climb again soon. Thanks for your updates on Roni and Mooonie, paws crossed her diagnosis is benign.

9. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella, glad your forehead is better and good you're resting the 48 hours. You'll be good and ready to get out tomorrow. What a nice cycle today for Rusty.

10. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice slide into green for Rusty. I hope he surfs now.

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Re: 11/14 Rusty AMPS 206, +5.5 72, +9 51, PMPS 72

Hi again,
    Rusty has cleared the bounce, all right! He ate a good dinner and is napping in his little bed, waiting until it is time for us all to watch some TV dramas.

I just talked to Roni. Moonie doesn't feel good today. I suggested that it was natural after what she went through at the vet's yesterday. Roni is trying to get her to eat something, so I suggested that she buy some baby food. I hope it will help. Tomorrow the results of the tests will be back. Roni wants to do everything she can to make sure that Moonie lives a good quality of life.

Roni and Brad spent the whole day today at their house, getting stuff out that they will need. The contractor has been there every day, so things are moving along. Tomorrow they meet with the landlord of the apartment house to sign the lease. Fingers crossed that all will go well. Both Brad and Roni have to get back to work soon.

Wishing you all a good evening,

Ella & Rusty

12. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

Hi Ella - sounds like Rusty had a good day - exercise is important in the animal kingdom! Squirrels need to be kept on notice! :D I'm glad to hear the procedure went well - just another wrinkle? That's a good thing ... especially because they could have made the scar go up and down rather than side to side!

13. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Rusty was obviously happy to have you home with him today. Rest days are good and kitties love to spend them w/ you.

Rusty, how are things looking? I tried to get the Lagoon just the way you like it! C'mon lets surf! -- Tess

14. tortie58

tortie58 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update on Roni, Moonie & Brad. Tell Roni not to worry too much about Moonie. When our cats get stressed, they'll become ill. All sorts of funny & serious symtoms will appear. Obviously the Roni family is under very stressed situation at the moment. Tell her about my kitty Sandy.
    Sandy refused food one day suddenly 3 yrs ago. I kept close eyes on her. The next day, ate only a bite & throw up, because my cats were on free feeding at that time, I did not know if she eat any dry knibbles or not. The third day, she throw up after a sip of water. Took her to vet & suspected foreign body; she ate something which caught stuck? Ultra sound, scan etc etc...Finally the vet did the operation , open her up, found nothing but her internal organs were all out of place nailbite_smile . Biopsy...etc etc... non conclusive. Sandy was kept at the clinic on drip & the vet thought she's dying because she could not eat. I decided to bring her home to do what I could. I tried every food; baby's food, every canned food but she could not keep the food down. Chinese herbal, of course! Long story short, I blend a kitten canned food & it succeeded. Slowly Sandy got better everyday. At that time, I even blended her fave dry knibbles to syringe feed her.
    Tell Roni not to loose hope. Cats are very different but they have their way of survival & agenda.
    Hope your forehead heal soon too!

15. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ella - sorry to miss all here today. it loks like Rusty had a very good day. Lots of greens!

Very good that your forehead is healing well. HAHA on the wrinkle comment.

Enjoy your walk tomorrow. Woods walks can be so nice!

16. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

thanks for the update on roni/moonie! i was wondering when the test results would be back.

rusty's looking awesome! glad to have a chance to hear what's going on with your family too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.