Zoozey AMPS 329 +4 258, high ketones?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by emchic, Dec 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emchic

emchic Member

Zoozey is a bit high today, which I expected since I knew this visit to my parents would cause him a little stress. But he has come down his AM shot. I checked his ketones using the Nova Max meter at 11am CST, and it read 0.3mmol/L. Should I be concerned? Is that high?

We're headed back home tomorrow, so I expect his numbers will come down (after his 1 month post DKA check-up at the vet on Fri).

2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

You can find information about the ketone levels and your meter online. This is from your instruction manual:
    Based on this information, I wouldn't be worried. From what the information above indicates, it looks like above 1.5mmol/L is when you need to be concerned.

4. emchic

emchic Member

I did, but I forgot and left it at home. (I'm at my parents' house)

5. Barbi,
    I don't have my nova max manual handy, so not sure what .3 means. But I did a search and found this -
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?p=738414
    Scroll down to Melanie's comments. I think but don't know for sure that .3 would be considered "trace". Something to keep an eye on later today.
    Carl

6. emchic

emchic Member

Thanks Sienne. Our internet is out here and I'm having to do this from my phone.

7. emchic

emchic Member

His +6 is 204, so his numbers are coming down. Yay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.