3/09 Nova - AMPS=245,+2=239,+9=256,PMPS=279,+4=265-advice?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Nova's doing ok.. she was in a bit of a mood this morning.. seemed to cheer up a tad when I brought the BG testing treat bag out. She ate her breakfast (1/2 can of FF) on her own and half of her brothers.. and it was a non-seafood flavour (getting her to eat non-seafood low carb food is almost impossible most days)..

I had a nice brain fart.. tested her BG.. was the last strip.. got the next batch out, put in the chip, tested a strip... packed up her kit and turned around to her just staring at me.. "what?" "meow".. I look down at the counter.. I never gave her needle.. meow apparently meant "hey stupid, do my needle so I can have more treats".. thank goodness for creatures of habit :).

Nova's numbers don't seem to be doing a whole lot of anything special despite the increases.. a couple dips into the greens but overall not really going anywhere.. her infection should be cleared by now.. and she had a blood panel last week pre-surgery and everything looked good.. are there any other tests I should ask them to do when we go to the doctor tomorrow?

Increase to 1.75 tonight unless today is magical?

yesterday's

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 3/09 Nova - AMPS=245

I still get that "lady.. what are you doing with my treats!" look despite the lack of needles.... :roll:

If Nova is still on meds from the dental last week, please add them to your condo so peeps can see them and better help you. Also... I recommend that you add the word dose to your subject line to have some input.

Looks like this morning was c6 of 1.5U, correct?

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

:lol: funny Nova!

what she going to vets for tomorrow? a check up?

4. Dawn & Nova

She's off the antibiotics.. actually.. I stopped giving them 1.5 days ago.. I just couldn't do it anymore.. either the infection is gone.. or we need to try a different medication anyways (she can't handle full dose of the antibiotics she was on.. got really sick)..

Yeah today was cycle 6 of 1.5.. I didn't get a peak.. (stupid job!!) but I doubt from the +9 that the peak was anything wonderful.. Going to see if things "break" tonight.. if not, increase her dose in the AM..

Tomorrow is a check up to make sure the infection is gone, see how the wound is healing, figured I would also discuss why the heck increased doses don't seem to be making any difference :(.. see if there's anything extra they want to check..

5. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 3/09 Nova - AMPS=245, +2=239, +9=256

oh ok, ugh, I know what you mean with AB's, we were on them back in the fall, after a week, Luna just refused to take them and I gave up near the end of the pack! but he was fine, came out of it ok.

Good luck tomorrow, sending good vet visit vibes to you both!

6. Dawn & Nova

Have a vet appt tomorrow.. to check on how her mouth is healing and make sure the infection is gone (it should be).. I'm wondering if there are any other tests I should ask them to do.. seems that Nova's numbers keep going up and up even when I increase the dose..

Am I doing the right thing increasing? Had planned on going up to 1.75U in the AM.. but playing the second guessing game.. coming up with all sorts of excuses why I should back off...not enough tests, she hasn't been feeling well which may cause her BGs to be high (though more likely a big part of why she feels crappy is her BGs.. sigh), she has had a few breaks in the last week, etc..

Push me peoples! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.