- Last Activity:
- Aug 7, 2020
- Apr 14, 2020
Share This Page
Member, Female, from WI
- Sugarkitty15 was last seen:
- Aug 7, 2020
There are no messages on Sugarkitty15's profile yet.
- Member since:
- I'm Betsy! My kitties name is Squeaks and he's 11 years old.
- Date of diagnosis was 2/13/2020.
- We're using Prozinc insulin. Just started home testing on 4/16. I checked every few hours on 4/18 and 4/19, otherwise I'm doing a glucose test before AM and PM shot and another one at +6.
- Using a Metene meter. (this is a human meter)
- Right now, the only other issues I'm seeing are tremors in the legs (could this be neuropathy?) and he has a lot of protein in his urine. Vet asked me to change foods and we will retest in a month. If no improvement, he will need meds for this.
- Squeaks is currently on CBD oil and terbutaline. (He gets something similar to asthma attacks)
- No other health issues and no corticosteroids.
- Currently, Squeaks is getting both hard and wet foods. The dry food he's on is Purina OM. (1/2 c/day, spread out through 3 feedings) He's also on a mix of canned food--will be alternating between Tiki varieties, I & L & Y pate and Fancy Feast pate. Depending on the calorie content of the canned food, he's getting 1.5-2.5 cans of wet food a day. He's supposed to be at 304 calories a day so I stick as close to that as I can.
SignatureBetsy & Squeaks, 11yrs, Male, Diagnosed 2/13/2020, ProZinc, Metene, FF & I & L & Y (wet-low carb), issues: leg spasms, current meds: CBD oil & Terbutaline.