? 01/06 THOR AMPS 179, +2 166, +5 120, +9 147, +11 163

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sofia, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Sofia

Sofia Member

Good morning! Can anyone offer some advice please Taking a look at Thor’s spreadsheet, I’m happy with the lower numbers, but it’s throwing me off and I don’t like “winging it” so to speak! I’m not used to all of these blues. So three days ago on the 29th May we had a lower than usual amps at 151 and I had to get out of the house sharp so I shot 0.25 instead of 0.50. We’re in a new phase where he’s staying under the 300s generally. Since that day I’ve continued with the 0.25 dose.
    He’s not getting into the green but the fact that he’s staying lower than usual all day is new territory for me!
    Any advice and guidance please, is very welcome. Thank you!

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

All I can think if is you were not testing much before and missed lots of nadirs. He was likely hitting green nadirs and then bouncing before. You still aren’t getting nadirs at night so missing half of the picture. With TR you need a second test at night which you often miss. Without that I don’t feel comfortable suggesting you go back to .50 even though with TR a reduction has not been earned especially being a year diabetic. You probably should follow SLGS now unless you can start getting a second test at night and set an alarm sometimes to catch the nadir. I’ll tag others for more opinions. @Bron and Sheba (GA) @Wendy&Neko

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  3. Sofia

Sofia Member

Thank you, I’ve re-read and will re-read again and again the sticky to get back on track probably with slgs!

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would also encourage you to try and get at least one test in during the pm cycle. I see last night you got a 63 at+2. It probably dropped lower before it went back up. If you get a big drop like that at +2 or a before bed test, I would test again an hour or two later to ensure the BG has not dropped low.

5. Sofia

Sofia Member

Thank you, my intentions absolutely were to retest last night after I got that 63, nights are just not easy!
    What would be your advice regarding blue preshot numbers? It’s happening often these days. Either high 100’s or very low 200’s which I’m more ok with.