01/07 Butters PMPS 67/+2 112/+4 101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Butters & Lyla, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Yesterday overnight butters ate her +9 snack at +10.75 because I didn't have the auto feeder set to move to an empty slot at +10:oops:. I checked her BG while she ate and it was 59 @+10.75, then 88 @AMPS, so I shot on time.

Her love of pork is starting to wane. There was incessant meeping when her plate had pork on it today. So I ended up thawing some bison for the Queen and she seemed happy. Looks like I will have to change up the proteins for her. I was trying to stick to the one protein.

Have a good day, all.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Lyla, such beautiful numbers, yes Butters is the Queen :p
    I could hear her saying , oh no not pork again :p
    I hope she surfs safely today.
    Have a good day Lyla ♥:bighug::bighug::cat:

Butters & Lyla and Tomlin like this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

LOL, "the Queen." :p She's got some pretty sophisti-cat-ed taste there. :cat: Have a great one, Lyla!

Butters & Lyla and Tomlin like this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Somebody is on a mission I think! :D Venison is popular here but fortunately any food seems to be popular. I’ve never had food oriented cats before and now I have two. Surf safely Butters. Sharks are dangerous.

Tomlin likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Butters is looking good. :D

Tomlin likes this.
  6. Butters & Lyla

So far she is surfing:D.
    lol your girls are funny. Butters has strong food preferences. I think it's the premix that is in this batch of pork that she may be complaining about. I have two premixes I'm trying. one she loves. the other...meh.

Tomlin and thebigfuzz like this.
  7. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Some dietary CSI o_O:p! At least you know it’s the premix. We need the Queens Premix Rating Scale & it sounds like @tiffmaxee cats should be in on it as well! Premix Judging Panel :D:bighug:!! One to four paw ratings!!

Butters & Lyla and tiffmaxee like this.
  8. tiffmaxee

Mine won’t be any help and I’m so grateful. Everything is 4/4 so far. Youth! They are just 4 years old.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Butters & Lyla likes this.
  9. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

lol. Butters :p

Beautiful surf today. Eat what your mama gives you :cat: Hope you had a great day, Lyla.

10. tiffmaxee

No lower Butters.

11. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

12. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Youth wasn’t on my side with some of my guys.....super finicky right from the start :banghead:. Apparently someone thought they would be a good way for me to learn to be more patient in life :rolleyes:.

13. tiffmaxee

I’ve never fed raw before . Never fed all canned either. So I think my girls getting fed three times a day keeps them hungry. They were only about 10 weeks when I rescued them. Supposedly healthy but I had to nurse the to health. Failed fosters.

14. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

3 of mine are siblings (found a home for the 4th) &came into my backyard so I took them in around the same age as yours, but 2 of the 3 are extremely particular. The one is easy! Now my T—-OMG....his nutritionist & I joke because he is unique & would sooner stress himself out & become ill before he is going to eat what he doesn’t want to eat. Hunger isn’t doing anything to move him. He wins the prize!!

15. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Jazzy was like that with canned food for years. He would rather starve than go near any of that nastiness (his words, not mine. Lol). He would only eat kibble. He's definately changed his tune, because he usually inhales his canned food and his raw food now. :):cat:

16. Cheryl & Jazzy

Cheryl & Jazzy Well-Known Member

Butters is continuing to be very impressive :) I'm sure she'll enjoy the bison. These felines sure do get bored easily. Lol. Surf safely, Butters :D Have a great day, Lyla

17. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

T would never touch dry food....he always preferred wet even as a kitten. Thankfully he loves his Nom Nom Now .

18. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

way to surf the cycle, butters. :D

19. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

20. Abdullah

Abdullah Member

Way to go, Butters!! This is Queen Butters' world, we're just living in it LOL.

Have a good evening, Lyla :D

21. Butters & Lyla

LOL! My condo has been an entertaining read, but this takes the cake and is 100% accurate.
    That's what her crown looks like. Is there a spy cam in my home?:confused: Or did she send you this picture?

As is this:
    So true:rolleyes:.

JOJI and Kit likes this.
  22. Butters & Lyla

I had been thinking I might end up having a pj party tonight, but no. She listened to you. 112 @+2. I wonder why she shot up so much from PMPS to now, and after that nice surf.

23. tiffmaxee

I guess I need to be more specific. She did the same last night but came back down though.

24. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

It looks like some cycles she gets a bit of a longer duration of action from the Lantus. That would result in that nice pre shot BG but then the slight increase before the onset of action from the next dose (+3 or 4) Not uncommon for there to be some degree of change in the duration. It is not 100% consistent :).

25. Butters & Lyla

Hmmmm i could never quite figure out her onset but she usually nadirs late so maybe onset is later for her too. that would make sense:).

26. Butters & Lyla

If she could stay between 50-100, maybe with the occasional drop into the high 40s because it would bring her to a lower dose, that would be perfect. :D

tiffmaxee likes this.
  27. Butters & Lyla

Right now the premix with the chicken liver and egg (EZ Complete) gets 3/4. The TC Feline, which doesn't have those in it, gets 1.5/4. That's what Butters told me.
    But I still think she may be getting a little tired of the pork.
    I have many options if that's the case. her foods take up most of my freezer these days.

28. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

That is what would happen. It all gets shifted.

29. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

It’s all about the liver and egg for the Queen!!

30. Butters & Lyla

And all I can think is that if something in her food is irritating to her GI tract, these two items would be at the top of my suspects list. :facepalm:

31. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

32. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Maybe not....let’s be optimistic!! Next thing you know you will be joining a homemade pet food organ trade group....yes, that is really a thing :nailbiting:! I’ll trade you a venison liver for a rabbit liver :eek:......that is some NEXT level food prep! Short of the raise your own protein (people do that as well...) the organ trade is up there! Fascinating. I am NOT raising Ts food—I have to draw a line...LOL:rolleyes:

33. Butters & Lyla

LOL Nope. That is not going to happen. Interesting and disturbing at the same time. If she didn't have the ckd for me to worry about, I'd try her for a few days on a novel protein canned (like the ziwi venison) just to see what would happen. I have to check phosphorus levels based on calories fed, but I'm pretty sure it's out of the question. The ziwi lamb is much more calorie dense, but fattier. I'm going to drive myself crazy. I'm doing the best I can. I need to keep saying that.:smuggrin:

34. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

You are doing an OUTSTANDING job!! Don’t doubt that for a minute!! I will try not to judge us too harshly for refusing to do an organ trade or raise our own novel proteins :p!

35. katy and mo (GA)

katy and mo (GA) Member

Such a WONDERFUL surf you're doing, Butters! Lyla, you're doing an amazing job with her. AMAZING! :bighug: