01/12~Luna~AMBG 3.6 (64) OTJ Trial Day 7

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ronnie & Luna, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Yesterday's place
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2128
    OTJ Trial Day 7

AMBG 6am
    BG 3.6 (64) fed MM split
    WCR: eating well this morning, grazing, playful, napping, snug as a slug.

Lowest AM/PM BG to date on no insulin. Sweet.
    Had a little food issue yesterday afternoon, but he recovered nicely - even grazing up to +11.5, and slid into the 90's for PM time. Eating well rest of evening.

Just wondering, is it possible the amount of food they use to get, decreases as the pancreass continues to work? He never grazed this much before.
    Just eats what he wants, little snacks. And he's slowly pulling himself out of his routine snack schedule. Interesting. Will track this for my notes.

Hope everyone has a good day. It's pancake day tuesday somewhere, or is that wednesdays? :roll:

2. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Puuurrrrfect!

I never heard of pancake Tuesdays, but I thought Wednesday was Prince Spagehetti day (according to the old advertisements) @-)

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

WOW Luna!!!! GREAT AMBGs today.....lower than low!!! :eek:
    Put that in your meter and smoke it Mama!!!! :lol:

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Ronnie
    Finally!!! I have been on pins and needles waiting already for you to post Luna's results. You're not busy poking so why are you slacking? lol.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!
    So amazing. You guys are my idols. You Rock.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Maybe it's like popcorn! :lol: Luna is eating one kernel at a time.

By your controlling all the snacks and meals, Luna may have been forced into a routine that was not his. Now, he is naturally controlled.

I know that Shadoe used to graze on her dry all the time, and so did Booboo. One would grab 4 bits, carry them to the rug, eat, and then be done. Booboo is even weirder; I have seen her jump up, eat a single piece, jump down, then go back 5min later for a single piece, and so on.
    Sadly for Booboo now, she has been forced to eat only when I am home and the dry is uncovered. Now, she sits there and eats maybe 6 pieces, then stays close to the bowl and always watches me to see if I am going to cover it. Control.

Shadoe is still being controlled food wise, but as she is feeling better, even if it's artificially generated, she is not eating the same. She is eating MUCH less now, going from almost 4 cans down to about 1 and a bit each day.

I believe that the natural graze is good because it keeps the blood sugars nice and even. It could be that Luna is now being controlled internally and knows when to nibble to balance.

Artificial control is strong; natural seems to be more laid back, Luna is going with it and now it will be YOU who must be controlled to accept it.
    Of course watching closely with the trusty meter dangling from around your neck ... just in case :lol:

7. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Happy halfway there day!!!!!!!!!!

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Nice number for Luna. I know Tuffy grazes when her numbers are low. Hope you have a wonderful day. Where is the meter and test strips? Are you baking?

9. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Scruffy's eating habits changed. He eats a lot less. I just assumed that was because of all the dental work. But even now, when he should be feeling totally fine, he is still eating much less.

10. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

I have been wondering about the food thing as well. Morris has been having real hit & miss days recently with his food. Unfortunately, I am not as good of a mommabean as you are & I can't monitor his food cues as well. I completely rely on our timed feeder! I feed Morris when I give him his injections, then the timed feeder does the rest. The feeder is set to offer food at +2, +5, and +8.....then it spins again at +10 and opens to only water in the dish (to prevent him from eating for those 2 hours prior to BG & insulin time).

11. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Another good day for Luna!

Nice WCR - your reports always make me smile! :D

12. Ronnie & Luna

Thanks guys for the feedback and cheers. Interesting thoughts.
    Gwen: ur feeder spinning at +10 - thats genius! LOL! I've never seen anyone mention that! What a good idea, hey u could put a catnip toy in there too!
    Surprise Morris!! :lol: You are a very smart mommy bean Gwen cat_pet_icon and a good one too!

I've been hibernating, but now I must go to the grocery store soon and get more people fud. Luna doing fine, napping away like me. Really should do something productive...

13. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice, Nice, Nice.....another really great number!!! BTW, your WCR are great.....always makes me smile! :D

Keep up the good work, Luna!

Sherry & Zoe

14. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Luna is looking better and better every day. I'm sure your smile is getting bigger and bigger every day too. [​IMG]

15. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Omigosh, you are on watch for Luna to go OTJ -- how much more productive can you GET?? I say, take the rest of the trial off! :mrgreen:

16. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

GO LUNA. Check you out girlfriend. Vera impressive.

17. Ronnie & Luna

PMBG 4.7 (84)

PMBG 6pm
    BG 4.7 (84) fed MM split

WCR: Luna doing good today and this evening, eating well, I skipped his lunchtime wee snack cuz he ate a bit late into the morning, taking his sweet time grazing and then settling down for a siesta after we played for a bit.
    Gonna offer his wee midnight snack before bedtime and see how it goes.

Today I went to the pharmacy and dropped of my gigantic bio- hazard bucket full to the rim with syringes and pokey thingies.
    I placed it on the counter and told the pharmacist - 6 months worth of hard work! It was a nice feeling.
    I wanted a new bucket but they were out.

This evening I caught Shawn trying to dump all my vet dry food. I flipped! lol I said - no-no-no this is something I will do God willing, next week, don't touch my dry food! lol ok ok I spazzed. angry(2)_cat

Hope everyone and kitties are well.

Special prayers tonight for Mike and Bo, we'll be thinking of you both during this difficult time.

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Day 7 and getting better every day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

19. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Doing well here! :RAHCAT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.