01/15/2019 Tiny Sole AMBG:67, PMBG:88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joanne&TinySole, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Hello everyone!
    Your Tiny Sole is rocking it out and I'm feeling like a lucky momma bean!
    I'd never have done it without all of you.

I actually forgot to test Tiny yesterday, her normal test day, so today was the substitute.
    I have had a HUGE remodel project going on at my building since 01/03...I think my boss likes to throw a wrench in my work every January. So, too much time down, everything in my two offices in disarray, behind in my work...yadayadayada...now it's time to play catch up since the remodel is finished. I sure wish I had an assistant. No money in the budget for an assistant, but a whole lot of it in the budget for a major remodel! Grrrrrrrr...

Civvie Update:
    We're getting a cardiac work up estimate for Beanie (Skeeter Bean). We've got the dental estimate, but need cardiac clearance first.:woot: I hope it's under $500, but who am I kidding.:eek:

As for Cookie, we think we may have found a solution that involves a prescription shampoo and prescription talc powder. So far we've been able to see some results that seem promising. Fingers crossed. Her poopy and nausea / vomiting issue seems to have resolved - yay! - so fingers are crossed that will continue.

So that's our update over here.

We send our love to all beans and kits and hope for functioning pancreases, steady green numbers, or at least steady blue and that all needs for all beings are met.

We love you all. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Tiny is doing well and Cookie is doing better. I hope the cardiac work up isn't too expensive for Beanie. Sending prayers.

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that Tiny is doing well!! Good news for Cookie, too!

Cardiac workups are the pits. Both Ben and our dog, Sydney, get them done annually as they both have heart issues. Hope it's not too expensive, and that it goes well!!

4. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the Little SUN is doing well :joyful:
    And wishing you the best of Luck with your other animal companions!:):bighug:

5. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad Tiny and Cookie are doing well! Hope Beanies’s cardiac isn’t toooo expensive and he gets a good report!

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Joanne! Thx for the update. I hope you get the cardiac clearance for Beenie.

What is the shampoo and talc powder for Cookie for? I hope it doesn’t really have talc in it as it’s a real irratant for the lungs. I’m actually allergic to talc and break out it what looks like poison ivy all over my skin where the talc landed.

Tiny is rocking the numbers and so glad you forgot to test! It means that testing recovery could happen for you. :p

7. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Great update for Tiny! Sending vines for the civvies. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

So glad to see Tiny continuing to rock those numbers!:joyful:
    I too am curious about the shampoo and talc for Cookie.
    Hope Beanie's cardiac workup doesn't break the bank and you get clearance for the dental! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. Joanne&TinySole

Shampoo: MiconaHex+Triz
    Antimicrobial, antifungal, moisturizing.
    Powder: Neo-Predef with Tetracaine Powder
    Neomycin sulfate, isoflupredone acetate, tetracaine HCL

:woot:

@Bobbie And Bubba
    @MrWorfMen's Mom

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That sure sounds familiar! :) Operating budgets for staff; Capital budgets for renos....Money is money in my book...but it's never the same in theirs...who can understand it, huh? That's why they could spend a million per room when they built a new hospital recently where I work - and then let staff go...HUH??? And they continue to build - yet cut staffing budgets left and right - makes no sense to me :(

11. Joanne&TinySole

A major WTHedoublesticks!!
    I'll never get that convoluted thinking and it rubs me the wrong way. :banghead:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. MrWorfMen's Mom

Doesn't surprise me at all! All too typical. When I got my first management job in an office along with a budget to manage, I thought saving money would be a good thing only to find out that if I didn't spend the money budgeted for the year that my budget would be cut the following year. No kudos in the business world for being a spend thrift. Talk about negative incentive and stupid financial planning.

13. Joanne&TinySole

Who makes these crazy ideas up? Is there a department of lunacy, or something? Lets cut off our noses, shall we? :confused:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Lookin' good, Tiny!
    I hope the medical establishment will work out a plan for Beanie. Sending lots of vines!

15. Joanne&TinySole

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. I send everyone much love.

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

Didn't know Cookie had a skin infection or did I miss something?

17. Joanne&TinySole

When they shaved her belly for her sonogram, her hair wouldn't grow back and got all red and ugly...brown crud, weepy skin, where she had a fold of extra belly...she's kind of chunky...did I mention that? We would wash it with dial soap dry it and put the tiniest bit of neosporin on it, but it wouldn't heal. She couldn't lick her belly because she's a bit chunky, so we weren't worried about the neosporin. So on and on this went, so we were off to the vet AGAIN and now they have us trying the shampoo and powder...and FINALLY her belly seems to be healing.

If I were to report on all that goes on with these cats in this house, I'd probably be on here writing a novel! :bookworm::woot::bookworm: Then, when I read of some of the issues other beans have, I think to myself, 'what the heck are you complaining about, Joanne!'

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  18. Joanne&TinySole

Gosh I wish I could use expletives here...they make things so much more descriptive! :p

19. MrWorfMen's Mom

Thanks for the info. Menace has managed to lick her tummy and the inside of her back legs almost bald so I am all ears when it comes to skin issues. She gets little tiny red bumps that look somewhat like hives periodically but otherwise can't figure out what the heck is going on. I've got her on antihistamines and am trying to change her diet to see if it is a food allergy (although I doubt that would affect only her tummy and medial aspect of hind legs) but trying to find food that doesn't have chicken or turkey in it (what she has been eating) even in the limited ingredient food is proving difficult. She either won't eat it (hates fish too) or I want to vomit while dishing it out.

20. MrWorfMen's Mom

It's OK. The human brain can actually read perfectly fine even if you mix up all but the first and last letters in a word! Just saying......:woot: