01/15 Jax PMPS 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaxBenji, Jan 15, 2021.

1. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I was going to increase and it was a super cute thought...Jax had a lovely cycle and earned the right to stay at his current dose :p He even had a lovely PM cycle too...I turned my alarm off at +7 :facepalm:...but Jax let me hear allllll about it at +11...

Surf safely, kitties :bighug:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yes, it appears Jax has his own ideas about how this is going to go! Love that he loves those lower numbers too :)

Have a great day!

JaxBenji likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

no need to apologize :bighug: and, lol, you know that's exactly what happened - thanks Jaxy :p

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's the kitties leading this dance. Nice surfing yesterday. I hope Jax surfs safely today.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Morning Susanne what beautiful numbers for Jax , I hope he surfs safely today.
    You and Jax have a good day Susanne ♥:bighug::bighug::cat:

JaxBenji likes this.
  7. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

way to take charge, jax !
    have a safe surf into the weeeeeeek. end. yay!

JaxBenji likes this.
  8. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

excuse me for my ignorance.... but as a keen student, can I ask why were you considering increase your dose? I thought when kitties were in the green we just kept the dose?

JaxBenji likes this.
  9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Jax’s bg was starting to trend up and when Susanne saw that and the 138 she thought he needed a nudge to get his range lower. He’s been on 1.25 for awhile so might have needed more. Increasing with his numbers comes with lots of data, lots of experience, and tge ability to monitor closely. Not at all recommended for those new to Lantus.

JaxBenji likes this.
  10. JaxBenji

@Hercule's mum His nadir was also rising a bit - I like to see 60s and hadn't seen them in awhile - I had considered increasing a few weeks ago but when Jax had his dental consult (01/07/2021), he had some nice cycles - perhaps it was the gaba I gave him for anxiety or maybe the antibiotic the doctor gave him (or maybe neither of those things :p). So I waited longer to see what he did and he still just stayed with 80 nadirs mostly and I didn't think his insulin duration was awesome. He did have that 138 AMPS yesterday but I also shot late the night before so it didn't alarm me too much...he had a 130 AMPS three days before and then some blues during the day. So, in summary, lots of factors on why I was considering...and I have lots of data and know Jax pretty well now - he's generally a nice flat kitty (just don't tell him that so he doesn't change :cat:). I also will throw my thoughts of increasing out to the board so Elise and Sue and others can tell me if I'm silly :p or if it's a good idea.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  11. JaxBenji

Clearly, I needed a reminder. FD is so hard for those of us that like plans and predictability :p

JOJI and Kit and tiffmaxee like this.
  12. Hercule's mum

Hercule's mum Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation! Much more fine details to learn!
    I find the lack of consistency in their part incredibly inconsiderate given all we do to them! :smuggrin:

JaxBenji likes this.
  13. Lina and Simba

Lina and Simba Member

Really nice cycle from Jax :)
    This is so true! Now my only plan is to see which way Simba's going :D everything else has to wait.

JaxBenji likes this.