01/17 Gentle AMPS 278/+6 189/PMPS 143/+2 197/+4 203/+6 244

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pat or DC and Gentle, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat or DC and Gentle

Pat or DC and Gentle Well-Known Member

Gentle is doing great this morning. Had to come to a compromise about the food though, I mixed a little of the FF HC in with the FF LC and that seemed to work he's back to eating enthusiastically.

yesterday's spreadsheet
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2798

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 01/17 Gentle AMPS 278

I didn't see a note about eating issues either in your condo from yesterday or on Gentle's SS. Is there anything we can do to help you brainstorm about food? Is he not eating or is there any chance that his appetite is less as he's better regulated?

I'd suggest putting a note on your SS if you have to feed something other than LC so any increase in numbers isn't regarded as a need for a dose increase. I'm also concerned that if Gentle is winding up for a decrease, it will be masked by feeding HC or MC food.

3. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 01/17 Gentle AMPS 278 / +6 189

I second Sienne on making notes in your SS regarding the food.
    Any particular reason why you served MC today?

4. Pat or DC and Gentle

Re: 01/17 Gentle AMPS 278 / +6 189 / PMPS 143

Well.....
    Day before yesterday I had posted that he just didn't like the LC by itself, would nibble at it, but not really interested in it. It's not that his appetite decreased, not at all because he is soo vocal about it. He just has a preference for the higher carb stuff. So what I did this morning was a compromise LC and HC mixed, so that he would eat regularly. Just as before he doesn't eat all in one sitting but he is eating enthusiastically so I am not worried. When it was just the low carb, he would only eat after he'd cried and cried and was positively starved. In other words he would nibble on it as a last result.

5. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Good luck with the food issue. I think they get tired of some of the varieties. Glad his number are down.

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

If Gentle seems to have a liking to something higher mixed in his food, like an HC variety, u might want to check Janet & Binky's list for ideas of something in the medium carb (MC) variety to experiment with.

Not saying change his food - this is your decision, ok? Just a suggestion.
    but by any chance the HC you're giving to mix in - do u know the carb % of it?

And I also agree that if u are adding HC here and there, it would be a good idea to note it in ur SS,
    that HC, even if it's just a bit here and there will affect the numbers thru the cycle.

Other than that, Gentle gave you a pretty blue PMPS tonight.

7. Pat or DC and Gentle

Re: 01/17 Gentle AMPS 278 / +6 189 / PMPS 143 +2 197

Thanks one and all. Our low FF is 3% and what we call FF HC is 18%
    usually these two are mixed 50/50. I'm not sure what that combo is??

tomorrow we'll try and list % and quanity and time.

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Another thought would be to look at some of the foods on Janet & Binky's list that are closer to 10% carb. Less than 10% is still LC and is probably close to what you're doing by mixing the HC and LC food. The advantage would be that it would be consistent vs. maybe a little heavy on the HC one day and one day not so much when you try to mix the two kinds of food together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.