01/22 Casper AMPS 676, +3 518, +6 221, +9 105, +11 163; PMPS 244, +2 562, +6 HI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yuling & Casper (GA), Jan 22, 2021.

1. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Yuling & Casper (GA) Member

Hi there,

Another day and we started with 0.75U. The last 24-hour really scared us, especially when Casper started walking unsteadily, fells a few times too.
    (Previous thread)
    Branti's mom warned me that we will see some low and high bounces again...I am not going to change the dose no matter what. I just hope the high BG wouldn't release too many toxins that cause another CKD.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You might want to start giving Zobaline as it sounds like neuropathy.

3. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Will do that, ordering it now. We set up an appointment with an AHHA accredited vet tomorrow morning. I really wanted to know the reason cause his anemia situation and how his renal function doing.
    The ER keeps giving us different stories each time we talked to them and they insisted to give Casper 1U. They refused to see him or treat him in any way until we agree to let them give him a 1U shot whenever they see a number spike high.

4. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Almost over 24 hours in black, we are getting the blue numbers.

5. tiffmaxee

Nice to see he’s back down. I hope you like the new vet. Fingers and paws crossed. Not a bad PMPS either. Get a +2.

6. Yuling & Casper (GA)

PM +2 562 mg/dl on alphatrak...back to black again

7. tiffmaxee

It’s a bounce from hitting blue. It’s had to watch I know. Let’s see how fast it clears.

8. Yuling & Casper (GA)

I have confidence in the system, just feel bad for the poor kitty. After all, he is the one suffering from everyone else's mistake, including mine and the stupid vet.

9. tiffmaxee

You are doing everything you can to help. Please don’t beat yourself up.

10. Yuling & Casper (GA)

Another HI reading at PM +6! Will test again at +9.
    Now the part I am worried about is the toxins released by extremely high BG, which will trigger the renal and the kidney failure.