01/23 Bayley amps 275, results for jojo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Me and Bayley, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3551&p=34696#p34696

Good Morning :)

A typical morning today - she appears to be good - bugging for food - which is on its way. her pmps # was high last night but it looks like she came down - hit some blues before we called it a night. Hoping for a steady day today :)

Enjoy your Saturday everyone :)
    Editing to add for Jojo - Sematomedin number was 233, IAA was normal at7%

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 01/23 Bayley amps 275

Sending steady blues and greens! And most especially feel good vines and vibes for Bayley cat_pet_icon

have a great Saturday :razz:

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Answering your question about Old Timers Day. This was an initiative by Jojo, who had been trying to poke her head in LL, looking for some old names, and couldn't find them posting. There was a thread yesterday called soneting like "Old Timers Please Read", there is a thread on the back up board, and it was mentioned briefly on Face Book. Jojo's idea was that she would try to make an effort to look in on Saturdays, and Old Timers who don't post daily condos any more could also make an effort to open a condo on Saturdays. Newer people would be able to learn from seeing some of the Old Timers stories and SS's.

As for who is an Old Timer ... if you feel like one, I guess you are one!

This is good for you, because Jojo might be around on Saturdays, and you might be able to get some ideas from her on your Acro situation. If you see her around, you might want to edit the title of your first post to get her attention.

4. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Re: 01/23 Bayley +4 194, plus test numbers for jojo

i like seeing this blue already :)

Jojo - if you drop in - her somtomedin number on her test was 233 - the IAA was normal with 7%

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning....hope Jojo will be around today....
    Edit the title of your first post of the day....to get her attention quickly...
    Hope you and Bayley have a wonderful day today!! :D

6. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

Look at that purdy bloo!!! :) hope to see more and maybe some green too! :D

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I see more blue today (I peeked). I hope Bayley keeps surfing today!

8. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

leslie? you know that what we always suspected for so so very long is now confirmed right? it is okay, nothing has changed in bayley's eyes and really we knew so long ago that this is no surprise, her SS told us this long ago, but i'm sure it still must of been a little upsetting to get black and white confirmation.
    okay bayley IS an acro. you get 2 ISG's of peeps to support you, this and HD ISG. if you have not already read up on acro now is the time. any questions you have we are here to answer.
    you have that R, we know that it is something to explore using now. i'm gonna be toast after today, omg turn out for oldtimers day is huge, i have 9 million condos to get to, but i will be back tomorrow to check on linda/bearman and i'll stop by your condo too. let's make tomorrow test flight for R day? all you are gonna do is give 0.1 units of R after you give AMPS (separate syringe) and then test to see the response. i am so not expecting crappus from that dose of R based on what your current lantus dose it, maybe maybe you'll get 25 or so points off BG than what was gonna happen w/o the R, but we always start at 0.1 units when firing up R for first time since it is a new insulin and a powerful one. after shooting you do what is called an R curve. the +1, +2, +3, +4. if +4 is higher than +3 the curve is over (there is always the odd cat that has a weird R curve..like my cat doesn't have R onset until +3~+4 when most cats are already over and done with their whole R curve!). we are gonna do that a few times to find out what her R onset, nadir and duration are because w/o knowing those you cannot use R successfully. ocne you know those and you know your cat's onset/nadir on the basal insulin already then it is not hard to work them together.
    we also shoudl talk about switching to lev in case you get to the very active GH output doses one day. it is far easier to switch insulins while dose is still in this range than later on. and that does say 'in case' not all acros have the mega insulin doses ever. in fact they can go off insulin if GH output wanes enough. and wax and wane it does (i like to call it 'rev ups' and 'less active phases', think that is more descriptive of what is actually going on). it is the nature of acromegaly to have phases of different insulin needs (it is actually different insulin resistance not needs per se, they have working pancreases, but the GH counteracts the natural insulin hence the need for extraneous insulin). you understand right?

~jojo

9. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

My hero ... :)

We are ready to start with our R curve tomorrow morning :) thank you

10. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

i'm glad jojo was able to stop by to help you out with the R. you're in the BEST hands, but you already knew that! :D
    there's some blue on ss... then what happened?

11. Me and Bayley

Me and Bayley Member

Re: 01/23 Bayley pmps 266, +5 182

Back to blue - this is good :)

12. jojo and bunny

jojo and bunny Member

ps. i just wanted to also say while i remember it to go check out jaunita and chikka's SS. and WCR. doesn't seem like her cat gives a fig about having acro on her chart, that is one sweet SS.

see ya tomorrow, i'll stop by to check on you, bearman, and sherri's stash. doubt i'll be able to do more than that. it is almost 6 am and i'm still typing! nutjob. i am sooo gonna pay for this tomorrow.
    ni-ni.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.